Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

One thing about this show that bothers me is that it seems to be missing so much exposition. Is that included in the manga or am I thinking too hard?

Also, how the hell do they keep rebuilding after weekly disasters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The King of Despair was the devil yes? I think that was hinted at indirectly several times.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I really, really liked episode 2. The entire setting makes so much more sense after watching that.

It wasn't that society slowly adapted to weird incursions by all these creatures after the Great Collapse, but that the two realities were instantly melded in the area of New York once the barrier went up. This makes it much more believable as a setting than everyone in New York just shrugging off all the weird creatures, establishing a new order, and going on with their lives.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That was drat fantastic and everything I hoped it'd be :allears:.

Something with this season in general is they've definitely got a much better handle on what Hellsalem's Lot is like at-large; It's about as peaceful as an active war zone, and if things are quiet then either someone's either about to unleash something, or Lord Gigagigafutmassif (which I actually like better than the manga's name, which is just a literal english version of Gigagigafootmassive) is taking a stroll and OH GOD RUN!

For what it's worth, it looks like the next episode is another story that centers on Chain; "Werewolf Mission (Chain Possible)".

She doesn't resemble any werewolf I've ever seen. I wonder if they'll explain where the wolf comes into play.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh no, that's just to secure them. Steven's buddies are going to have a long talk about who put them up to trying to grab Steven.

Season 1's take on Hellsalem's Lot actually neuters the perception of the city a fair bit. You can see it a lot in "Don't Forget to Don't Forget Me", with all the stuff about the city being peaceful between humans and things from Beyond.

Maybe it mirrors Leo's changing perceptions of the city over time? When he first joined Libra, he had a more surface view of the city. I'm sure that changed over time as he got in deeper and deeper into the seedy underworld.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rangpur posted:

Alternately the subtitles have been spelling it wrong the entire time, and she is actually a Where-Wolf. :v:

There's always the possibility that she used to be a normal wolf until she was bitten by a wereperson.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Everything Burrito posted:

Even though it's wacky danger and action the show to me works like a slice of life. Each episode is just whatever hosed up bullshit Libra has to deal with today, and tomorrow it'll be something different. Something like that really doesn't need an overarching big plot, but I think there's enough worldbuilding present to provide some big stories with the Blood Breed threat & the various other cosmic and otherworldly beings that periodically decide to gently caress some poo poo up on a whim. I think my favorite plotlines are the ones that are more grounded and seedy though, like when they have to deal with organized crime or something connected to politics.

I would really like an episode through the eyes of someone just going through a mundane daily routine. Like a mailman for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Tsk.

Out of curiosity, are the Earthshakers something brought up in a later volume before Get The Lock Out!, or just another assumed daily shade of madness in Hellsalem's Lot?

Who ya gonna call? Lockbusters!

It seems like one of those aspects that are pretty self-explanatory. We saw a different example of a really giant creature wandering around earlier this season, so this just provided context for that event.

• Locked thread