Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

There Bias Two posted:

One thing about this show that bothers me is that it seems to be missing so much exposition. Is that included in the manga or am I thinking too hard?

Also, how the hell do they keep rebuilding after weekly disasters?

No, the show and the manga keep it pretty exposition light. I think the show actually has a little more exposition, I don't know if the stuff about the wizards was even in the manga.

But exposition would hurt the story, I think. Crazy poo poo happens and you go along for the ride. But it's kinda anchored by Klaus. When Klaus shows up he always knows the rules of whatever the situation is. This creates the illusion that there are rules in the universe. So the story can be written like Calvinball without the end product feeling like Calvinball.

If there was more explanation, if the viewer or Leo were ever able to really get a handle on the world, it would ruin it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked the doctor woman/women, I hope she shows up more

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That was drat fantastic and everything I hoped it'd be :allears:.

Something with this season in general is they've definitely got a much better handle on what Hellsalem's Lot is like at-large; It's about as peaceful as an active war zone, and if things are quiet then either someone's either about to unleash something, or Lord Gigagigafutmassif (which I actually like better than the manga's name, which is just a literal english version of Gigagigafootmassive) is taking a stroll and OH GOD RUN!

For what it's worth, it looks like the next episode is another story that centers on Chain; "Werewolf Mission (Chain Possible)".

It's Werewolf Mission: Chainpossible

• Locked thread