Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

next week is the fifth bday for the pbem game!

edit: yes i know we already celebrated the fifth bday of the thread however i observe the true commencement

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hi, me again, the save bogarter. finally played and sent the save for MY2254. it gave me a warning that ive played the turn before which is fine as we went back in time.

as penance here's something amazing i found on cohost (it's a YT vid which i would link directly but they've marked it unlisted): https://cohost.org/OrganicSuperlube/post/424509-https-youtu-be-22

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

hi, me again, the save bogarter. finally played and sent the save for MY2254. it gave me a warning that ive played the turn before which is fine as we went back in time.

as penance here's something amazing i found on cohost (it's a YT vid which i would link directly but they've marked it unlisted): https://cohost.org/OrganicSuperlube/post/424509-https-youtu-be-22

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hey smoka i actually watched Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013) and it was badass

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that movie's such a mess lol

i'm a fuckin' grognard though, in that i think all the harlock stuff after the original voice actor is mediocre to bad

but i know a bunch of people would bounce off the old material due to clumsy animation and/or bad writing so... :shrug:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

please be not dead, YOSPOS SMAC PBEM! :pray:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
THE SAVE MUST GO ON

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
who's got it anyhow

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

not me. poor save file, they must be scared and lonely 😨

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"I loved my save file. How then to face the day when it left me? So I took from the file a single byte, perhaps to love it again."
– Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Time of Bereavement"

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
who'd you send the save to, pile of garbage?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Improbable Lobster on the 3rd of jan

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I sent mine on the 4th

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

my bad, i had sent it to luigi thirty but i forgot to pm them like i usually do. the oversight has been remedied.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i have received the save, THE GAME LIVES!!! i'll play my turn and send it on tonight.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

THE SAVE ENDURES

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:toot:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

we'll all actually be on alpha centauri before we see this game finish

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

sent the save to Drones (Improbable Lobster). now the Wu-Tang Hive have established their first sea-base!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

also this was the first turn playing on my new 4K TV and well it worked perfectly zero issue on account of the big res mode

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
hell yeah, i'll try and get my save sent off today

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

sent the save to Drones (Improbable Lobster). now the Wu-Tang Hive have established their first sea-base!

your one and only! I'd attack it, but I built a land base on the sacred ship wreckage so it'd be a bit hypocritical lmao

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

your one and only! I'd attack it, but I built a land base on the sacred ship wreckage so it'd be a bit hypocritical lmao

sorry space pirate smoka i had to build it i ran out of land! i wont build anymore i promise

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

sorry space pirate smoka i had to build it i ran out of land! i wont build anymore i promise

I'd like to sound threatening but I've been recalling my fleet for about a year now lmao

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

the save made its way back around to me. completed and sent! i finally got rid of the fungal tower in the middle of my starting continent but i lost a hardened impact rover doing it (rip).

the game year is now 2256 by the way, so it looks like we made it past the point where we ran into save corruption problems last time around. fingers crossed!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

NICE! and yeah woims have been the bane of my existence. pretty sure ive lost uncountable rovers to woims and at least one fully-laden transport foil to an isle of the deep.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
still laughin at "ligma falls"

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

ligma falls has grown into the nexus of the gaian energy economy

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
im excited the smac is back on track :cheers:

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tHS7-8t9g8

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

woah

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

just played MY 2256, err thanks for the supply crawlers Glorgnole but not sure what ima do with them at my new seabase!

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Pile Of Garbage posted:

just played MY 2256, err thanks for the supply crawlers Glorgnole but not sure what ima do with them at my new seabase!

that's the best place to have supply crawlers! it's harder for sea bases to get minerals than land bases since the only sea tile improvement for minerals is the mining platform, so i've been re-homing supply crawlers at sea bases and then transporting them back to the mainland to work a mine or forest. it makes it a lot faster to build base facilities, etc.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I'm but a pawn for Gaian expansionism!!!

Also I'm fine with that

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Glorgnole posted:

the game year is now 2256 by the way, so it looks like we made it past the point where we ran into save corruption problems last time around. fingers crossed!

This game has gone on for so long I am now a woman!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

champagne posting posted:

woman? man? these terms have no meaning anymore. the game has gone on so long that i am transcendent, my consciousness subsumed into the collective planet fungus mind

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

champagne posting posted:

same but nb instead of lady

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

once again i was laggin on the save. played MY 2257 and sent it on. btw pretty sure ive asked this before but is there any way to find out what combat actually occurred in the past turn? once again i apparently lost a battle but i have nfi where lmao

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

who has two thumbs and took ages on the turn again? this rear end in a top hat (me the one posting)!

sent it on, sorry anthonypants i blew up your transport!

it's MY 2258, here's the current faction dominance rankings for those who observe (note that i do the ranking by measuring the pixels in the faction dominance bar chart line graph lol):

1. Gaians (Glorgnole)
  2. Hive (Me)
  3. Drones (Improbable Lobster)
  4. Spartans (anthonypants)
  5. Pirates (SmokaDustbowl)
  6. University (Luigi Thirty)
  7. Believers (champagne posting)

edit: realised can actually rank more accurately with the line graph...

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That chart is sure something. Looks like y'all best get ready to worship some mindworms and prepare to merge with the planet.