Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

thanks, i think i'll just go ahead and do the turn tonight

cazlab's on twitter, someone who has a twit should make a tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Glorgnole posted:

thanks, i think i'll just go ahead and do the turn tonight

cazlab's on twitter, someone who has a twit should make a tweet
ok

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i did the turn and sent it on

it's me, i'm Bad At Doing Turns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

how could anyone forget about this?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
an unfortunate lack of a sense of duty, which i'm sure the hive is just yearning to correct. with nerve gas pods. which the hive should be putting on everything once available because it's the only way to play the hive. infantry? yes. transport ships? of course. probe teams? never know when you're gonna need a bit of the old chairman yang private reserve

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

an unfortunate lack of a sense of duty, which i'm sure the hive is just yearning to correct. with nerve gas pods. which the hive should be putting on everything once available because it's the only way to play the hive. infantry? yes. transport ships? of course. probe teams? never know when you're gonna need a bit of the old chairman yang private reserve

They are so ridiculously good in MP, that they are usually banned. Lol when the first person gets them (in 2 real-time years) and the game ends with no one else even close to competing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

what i get from this thread is that the play-by-email experience is as bad as your posts

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i tried tweeting at cazlab on twitter but he never responded so i think he's done playing

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

he knew the risks of the nerve staple when he joined

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

They are so ridiculously good in MP, that they are usually banned. Lol when the first person gets them (in 2 real-time years) and the game ends with no one else even close to competing.

i'm really looking forward to that far-off day when i get to be concerned about somebody winning this game

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

anthonypants posted:

i tried tweeting at cazlab on twitter but he never responded so i think he's done playing

unfortunate

anyone want to take over for Pirates? they're probably going to be the first faction to make it to 3 bases. incredible growth & expansion opportunities! get well soon cazlab and wash your hands next time!

Glorgnole fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 23, 2018

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Glorgnole posted:

i'm really looking forward to that far-off day when i get to be concerned about somebody winning this game
at this point it's more of a tontine

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i probably should have posted here, I DM'd cazlab on twitter on the 20th, cazlab is out with pinkeye and are aware that glorg will be taking over their turn. not sure if cazlab will be back soon though.

oh and as Chairman Yang of the Hive I fully endorse equipping all units with nerve gas, including non-combat units like formers, supply crawlers and especially colony pods

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

i probably should have posted here, I DM'd cazlab on twitter on the 20th, cazlab is out with pinkeye and are aware that glorg will be taking over their turn. not sure if cazlab will be back soon though.

sick to the point that they can only retweet, a horrible fate! thank you for reaching out.

in any case i believe Sagebrush is up at bat right now

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Glorgnole posted:

sick to the point that they can only retweet, a horrible fate! thank you for reaching out.

in any case i believe Sagebrush is up at bat right now
that's unfair, they are able to retweet and dm

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The University has just completed construction of Laser Squad (2-1-1), rendering our forces practically invincible.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

gently caress.

also received the save, will play my turn when i get home from work tonight

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

turn played and sent onto drones. my colony pod took a beating from those mind worms it unearthed from that unity pod but it managed to win. also found an artifact bitchessss

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i will try to get mine done by tonight

e: turns out i just did it now because i;m unemployed and sick

also my desktop doesn't crash, woo

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 30, 2018

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

turn played and sent onto drones. my colony pod took a beating from those mind worms it unearthed from that unity pod but it managed to win. also found an artifact bitchessss

i think the 1st mind worm you encounter always has some crippling debuff, and also is a guaranteed capture if you have > 0 Planet in society engineering

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Glorgnole posted:

i think the 1st mind worm you encounter always has some crippling debuff, and also is a guaranteed capture if you have > 0 Planet in society engineering

The early mindworms all have -50% attack/defense. Their attack malice becomes a bonus as the turns get higher and also as the total number of mineral's used by all players increases. They are just modeled as "experience" of the mind worms afaik. So yea, early on it's unusual for even formers/colony pods to die to mind worms.

Also I'm pretty sure that capture rate is a flat % based on your planet score, 1 = 10%, 2 = 20% etc, etc. But it's possible there are hidden modifiers idk for sure.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
not all mindworms can be captured if i recall. even if you're some hippie running naked in the fungus fields with +5 planet, i think some of those spawned by excessive mineral production or similar events will just give you a message like "empaths report worms are controlled by some vastly more powerful mind" or something

i may have found this out the hard way in a game where i was fairly liberal with my usage of planetbusters. i think i'm still under un sanctions for a couple more centuries thanks to that

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i lost count, are we on turn four or five now? i just took mine

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

doesn't it pop up and tell you the turn when you open the file?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i just played year 2105 so turn five?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

i;m unemployed and sick

it is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

not all mindworms can be captured if i recall. even if you're some hippie running naked in the fungus fields with +5 planet, i think some of those spawned by excessive mineral production or similar events will just give you a message like "empaths report worms are controlled by some vastly more powerful mind" or something

i may have found this out the hard way in a game where i was fairly liberal with my usage of planetbusters. i think i'm still under un sanctions for a couple more centuries thanks to that

Yea there are special events known as "pops" where the mind worms can't be captured. But those are awesome, because you wipe out the stack with your dream-twister empath units and get like 1000+ free energy credits.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

what's the albedo setting for our game? can we expect a constant onslaught of worms/locusts/that ocean one i cant remember (something deep?) in late game?

actually nvm id rather be surprised

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

does cazlab still have pinkeye?

if so i'll do the next turn tonight

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

does cazlab still have pinkeye?

if so i'll do the next turn tonight

i DM'd cazlab on the twitter and it has recovered and will do their turn today or something.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

i DM'd cazlab on the twitter and it has recovered and will do their turn today or something.

is the process of posting on a webforum so burdensome that we're left to talk to Cazlab exclusively via you, like some kind of occult internet medium?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cheese-cube posted:

:toxx:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Glorgnole posted:

is the process of posting on a webforum so burdensome that we're left to talk to Cazlab exclusively via you, like some kind of occult internet medium?

pink eye doesn't prevent you from playing a god damned turn based video game for 60 seconds once a week anyway

eject the loser and give his turn to someone else imo

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
hell, one of my coworkers contracted pinkeye last week and he still showed up to work every day

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

anthonypants posted:

hell, one of my coworkers contracted pinkeye last week and he still showed up to work every day

lol, but gently caress that guy

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i've done the turn

someone else should probably do the Pirates' turn instead of me

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you've all made me hunt down and install smac again

thanks thread :argh:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo