Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Glorgnole posted:

how pbem works:
you download a save file, load it up in game, spend like 5 minutes doing your turn, make a new save that includes the turn you just did, and send it on to the next guy. make sure it's not just named the same as the last save! i was trying to find a good way to auto-sync the save folder between people or something but it looks like it might just be easiest to literally email a file around.

i am maybe interested but please consider some version control system over a shared google drive ty

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

maybe it is overkill but I have a kneejerk reaction against any incremental group "work" over drive / email. reminds me of dysfunctional jobs and school projects. I guess it's only one file so it's not too bad but yvcspos

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if this works on Linux (or wine) then sure, I’ll take the Believers

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

e lol this is not the fastest forum outside the big threads, have patience

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

sent

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

anthonypants posted:

are we still waiting on improbable lobster or oldalias to finish their turn

yeah it’s me. just got back from Vancouver, I’ll play and send my turn today

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I’m the believers. if I messed up and didn’t save properly feel free to waste my turn

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Glorgnole posted:

i sent out a couple emails and updated the contact info google sheet thing

also lamo at this

sick

e, +deserved enough. ive been really unwell, sorry for wasting your all time

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

anthonypants posted:

hell, one of my coworkers contracted pinkeye last week and he still showed up to work every day

lol, but gently caress that guy