Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

CyberPingu posted:

Also...it took them to the 4th Q to learn that you move the ball against us by throwing quick short passes.

Cam's kryptonite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So...Agholor for Comeback Player of the Year?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

owns

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
N: Eagles win

V: MY loving EAGLES YEAAAAH BOI DREAM IS REAL SUPER BOWL FINALLY COMING TO PHILLY gently caress DALLAS!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

N: Eagles win

V: MY loving EAGLES YEAAAAH BOI DREAM IS REAL SUPER BOWL FINALLY COMING TO PHILLY gently caress DALLAS!

:same:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That was a Very Eagles Game but the fact that they were able to hold on and not collapse after making so many mistakes shows how good of a team they actually are. Past teams would have just gotten steamrolled in the 4th or gone three and out multiple possessions in a row.

Sorry Panthers fans for Luke's head but drat did he pick the wrong guy to go low on. I really think Cam was shook/injured after that endzone dive.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
If we can get our shitshow of a secondary in order our defense will carry us through the playoffs.

Fuckin go birds!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers fan handled the loss well

:nws: for violence or whatever

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaLOjrmHkBd/

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eli Wiggum posted:

Did Rivera (or to be more accurate, the coaches upstairs reviewing the replay) make the right call in challenging the non-TD? They ended up scoring anyway from 1st & Goal and could have used that extra timeout.

I don't think it would've made a difference in the end. Cam seemed determined to give the ball up. I'm not sure what the Panthers could have done late in the 4th because even if the run game was working it's not like you've really got the time to do anything but throw and that means placing the game on Cam's shoulders.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

What a cheapshotting oval office

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FizFashizzle posted:

Quoting so this is easier to find once I finish work.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think the most appropriate part of last night's game was Romo's incredulity as the Panthers took thirty seconds to get ready to run a play under 2 minutes.

he wants them to go fast, he's got three plays he can call, he's going to audible and go to it.

Panthers walk up, wait for the play to get in, don't make any adjustments, then get blown up.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 13, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

And now I get to watch SNF stress free!

Why in the world would SNF have been stressful for you?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

FizFashizzle posted:

I think the most appropriate part of last night's game was Romo's incredulity as the Panthers took thirty seconds to get ready to run a play.

he wants them to go fast, he's got three plays he can call, he's going to audible and go to it.

Panthers walk up, wait for the play to get in, don't make any adjustments, then get blown up.

reminds me of just how good a QB romo was, just with a really lovely team for most of his prime that broke his body

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Why in the world would SNF have been stressful for you?

I mean as opposed to usual weeks where I stress watching the Eagles

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

I mean as opposed to usual weeks where I stress watching the Eagles

Ah, I thought you were trying to say you were still worried about the Giants this year. Which struck me as needlessly insane.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Ah, I thought you were trying to say you were still worried about the Giants this year. Which struck me as needlessly insane.

Lol I know the Giants have had some dumb comebacks in recent years but their schedule is rough and they have no receivers

And lol they suspended their best CB

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

axeil posted:

If we can beat Washington in 11 days we will be at minimum 4 games (6-1 vs 3-3 plus tiebreaker) up on 2nd place in the division with the chance for it to be 5 if Washington loses this week (6-1 vs 2-4 plus tiebreaker).

:stare:

Have the Eagles ever not taken a big early season lead and turned game 15 into an elimination game?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

FizFashizzle posted:

That was a hell of a punch but holy poo poo gently caress this guy and double gently caress him for trying to run off. Here's hoping they got him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

#KEEPPOUNDING

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

lol at standing all game in the nosebleeds. gently caress that guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Yodzilla posted:

That was a hell of a punch but holy poo poo gently caress this guy and double gently caress him for trying to run off. Here's hoping they got him.

Seems like he'd be pretty easily identifiable if they wanted to find him.

I do like how he realizes he hosed up and bowls over his girl trying to get away.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Eli Wiggum posted:

Did Rivera (or to be more accurate, the coaches upstairs reviewing the replay) make the right call in challenging the non-TD? They ended up scoring anyway from 1st & Goal and could have used that extra timeout.

Cam was rocked after that dive, he probably could've used the timeout and the challenge either gives you a touchdown or gives you an extra-long timeout; win-win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

Cam was rocked after that dive, he probably could've used the timeout and the challenge either gives you a touchdown or gives you an extra-long timeout; win-win.

Yeah Cam needed a second.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cam was definitely fried at the end of that game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Panthers clock management in the final 5 minutes of that game was Reidesque.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Nah. Cam seemed pretty shaken up after the play. Calling the challenge gave them a lot more time for him to recover. Who knows what happens if they tried sending him back immediately after the play.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Panthers clock management in the final 5 minutes of that game was Reidesque.

Well Ron is an Andy Reid disciple

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

My favorite part is after he got punched and realized he was cut open the older man still told that rear end in a top hat to sit down.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Cam's dive for the end zone pylon was one of the most athletic and superhuman efforts I've ever seen. People always ask if Randy Moss is the NFL's most athletic player ever, but I propose that it's Cam Newton.

Also, the Eagles d-line is currently the best in the league

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cox' bull rush on 2nd Cam INT gave me the horn

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Also, the Eagles d-line is currently the best in the league
The Jaguars would like a word with you.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Good for them, they still are not as good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CyberPingu posted:

Good for them, they still are not as good.
Hokay. Not taking anything from Fletcher Cox, who is amazeballs, but I think the Jaguar's defensive stats speak for themselves. Its still early though and I think the Jaguars are more likely to turn into pumpkins so we will call it a wash.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Hokay. Not taking anything from Fletcher Cox, who is amazeballs, but I think the Jaguar's defensive stats speak for themselves. Its still early though and I think the Jaguars are more likely to turn into pumpkins so we will call it a wash.

:shrug: the Jags are terrible against the run which is pretty much solely on the D line

They do have a shitload of sacks though

Edit. As a complete D the Jags are probably better due to our not so great secondary, but our D-Line is the best in the league right now

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 13, 2017

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Can't argue that they're good, but the Eagles are dominant. The Cox/Jernigan interior duo is deadly. The Panthers had negative rushing yards until the 4th quarter (excepting Cam)!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Can't argue that they're good, but the Eagles are dominant. The Cox/Jernigan interior duo is deadly. The Panthers had negative rushing yards until the 4th quarter (excepting Cam)!

Yeah but the panthers running backs are trash.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

:shrug: the Jags are terrible against the run which is pretty much solely on the D line

Edit. As a complete D the Jags are probably better due to our not so great secondary, but our D-Line is the best in the league right now

I'd take umbrage with this for the Vikings line but i did that last year right before the team proceeded to poo poo itself.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What happened to the Seahawks DL with Richardson being amazing and wild and game changing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CyberPingu posted:

Over 150 of the Jets rushing yards against them were from Ref Incompetence but overall I can agree with that.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Cox/Jernigan is indeed deadly but the Campbell/Jackson duo is also pretty great. But like I said, I can agree with the Eagle's front 4 being better but the defense on the whole leans towards the Jaguars being slightly better because Ramsey Bouye :allears:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 13, 2017

• Locked thread