Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Love is the best feeling in the world! I love feeling love! The great thing about love, is it is the great motivator, and it makes anything possible. We become who we are truly meant to be through our love, and his love that inspires us to be courageous. It is easy to do the simple thing, to never challenge yourself, to be content with yourself. Is something entirely new to open yourself up to being vulnerable, in realizing that you have room to be better, to realize that there is more to you that is only for someone else to discover. It is worthwhile to fall in love, and to be in love. It hurts, and it makes you scared. It can feel difficult to communicate. But the reality is, you are better for loving.

Love always, and love deeply. Love in a way that makes you stupid. Love in a way that makes you do things that are outrageous and scandalous to others. Your feelings are important, and feeling them is truly incredible. Emotion is the real ride, everything else is just dressing. Choosing to feel, and feel strongly, even if it hurts, the pain is absolutely sublime compared to the feeling of feeling nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

LOVE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO LOVE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD LOVE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE LOVE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. LOVE. LOVE.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

504 posted:

Which unbealeaveable idiot you will be complaining about in a month are you in love with now?

Hugh!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

as a woman if i love deeply im considered crazy or over emotional

I know, were supposed to care about "things", but I don't really.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

Man, Pick, you really gotta get over Hugh. :(

no!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

what's the difference, really

Depression isn't feeling sad, it is feeling nothing and wanting to feel nothing. I can be happy, because I allow myself to be happy, to be sad, hurt myself, to let other people hurt me, to do good for others, to let others do good for me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

If I share the money with you can I put this post (the op) on a poster with a kitten and sell it?

Of course

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also, if anyone around here lives in Portland, can you tell me how Hugh is doing? Is he doing OK? I really worry about him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I would probably kill myself if this were true.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

food court bailiff posted:

pictured: the crazed stalker that desperately wishes that what they feel was true love

Nah it would be because I felt the metaphor was too sad. He's mean though, and there was never a good reason to love him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

I just wish they'd invent a version of love that lasts longer than an erection.

gently caress you

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

It's just brain chemicals, you might as well just buy coke it'll save you a lot of money versus the inevitable divorce and child support etc

Literally everything you have ever or will ever experience is brain chemicals, that comment just doesn't loving mean anything. You are brain chemicals.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
How do you overcome your fear and talk to a woman you care about?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Benny Harvey posted:

Being verbally assaulted, being seen and treated as lesser, not a man, a child. Just look at food court bailiffs replies to me. I sicken him and people like him. Even though it was in relation to not asking women out rather than doing it in a wrong way it still is, at its core, enforcement of male social norms.

I also fear being ostracized.

hm

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Being ostracized is actually kind of nice though, like do it on your own terms and then you get to be "wild" and then people's expectations fail to map to you and you become sort of invincible. It's weird but it does work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SeXReX posted:

tabbing back and forth between pick threads and a facebook messenger convo with my ex is my new friday/saturday night routine

i'd call myself chaotic neutral but i believe dibs went to landerig :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SeXReX posted:

Pick you should come to Minneapolis instead of Chicago it's a lot chiller and more like Portland

I used to live there? I will be going back to see friends before too long.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Maybe they were Czech visitors, and were saying "yes".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
TBH I am way too autistic to love anything but my catto

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i read one self help book that stated, even if you are largely attracted to a type, you have to concede qualities that are beneficial in the long run. in the case of the self help book, it was saying even if you want to gently caress bad boys, even if you love bad boys, you know you cant be with them. because you get in this lovely cycle of destruction, and you know it. (an example)

not enough people give credit to "not head over heels". some people actually argue that if they're not crazy about a person, then its not love. but i think love is less in your face. love is that willingness to be vulnerable and to accept another persons vulnerable ness. but idk. honestly all male relationships i have i have let burn and i never know if im spraying a douchebag pheromone, or if im attracted to people who i know will never get too close to me.

id like to discuss attraction vs love, is what im saying. or the places between.

yeah but at least you know a bad boy will let you down, it sucks when a good boy lets you down.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Benny Harvey posted:

No we cännot.

Also, picks fat?

Not even slightly! And plenty of goons have met me so they know. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If I don't change I'm fine, it's not like I haven't been proposed to before. It doesn't even necessitate dating, actually! Though you whinge when you try to ask a girl out, try asking her to marry you without even jumping through the "casual dating" hoop first, yowza!

• Locked thread