Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Daily updates? You're spoiling us, scruffy :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

It's a little old reunion, but still not with Joseph.

4: Old Friends/Polsy

Ummm... Scruffs... have you at any point considered turning off your flashlight when attempting to sneak around? I haven't played this game, mind, but I think it might make you slightly less conspicuous.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 16, 2017

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

Time to stretch our legs and expand our range with another safe room.

And lasers.

7: Saferoom Expansions/Polsy

You've missed a document in the underground room where you found the first explosive bolt. You can see it briefly around 6:05 in the video.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So was that large house from the begginning of the video unenterable?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Welp, I guess the daily updates had to end someday.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Glazius posted:

I think you're supposed to hit those multi-headed guys in the raw red bits and not the dead blue bits. The slow head doesn't actually have any red on it, you need to hit the butt somehow. Or maybe the midsection?

I think the slow form is there to let you put some distance between them and yourself since the red one seems to move faster than you can sprint. So basically hit the red side, run away, line up another shot, wait for it to switch sides. Rinse, repeat.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Sadly for Sebastian he's been living with Beacons every day since he got out. STEM just makes it more visceral.

A Bad Case of the Beacons - Let's Play The Evil Within 2

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Glazius posted:

For a second I thought City Hall turned into Beacon for a second, but that's just restoring that collapsed tower.

Did you find that extra med pouch or did jumping into the boss fight lock it off from you?

He found it before the boss fight.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

You've missed a statue in the Marrow - it's in that dead end behind the chainlink fence, lying horizonally on the pipe above your head - you can see it here

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I mean, that part about children being the next closest thing to psycopats does check out :colbert:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You are all giving MOBIUS a heck of a lot of credit when it comes to forethought. These are the people that kidnapped an insane person and forced him to create the machine the entire population of the world would all live inside and then took apart his body and made him the control center for that machine. They are not a very forward-thinking group.

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and point out that :

a) Ruvik designed STEM before MOBIUS had any involvement with him. It's Jimenez's fault that they took notice of him at all.
b) We don't know wheter or not MOBIUS intended STEM to have global range from the start or if they changed their plans later.
c) Ruvik had modified the (at that point) only STEM in existence so that it would only work with him (or, to be more exact, his brain) as a core. He really didn't think that move through.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Wasn't it heavily implied that the STEM effects also worked somewhat in the real world? Some TEW1 stuff under the tags here: Like I remember the Ruvik-possessed Leslie essentially teleporting at the end of The Evil Within 1, and wasn't Ruvik a ghost killing cops in the real world at the start of TEW1, too?

Maybe the plan is that once the entire world is enveloped in STEM, Mobius can use it to physically alter the real world, too, and not just the dream world? I'm honestly not sure, but it would make the whole plot make a lot more sense.

I don't think we need to spoiler tag events from the first game. Regarding the second part of the spoilered text, I thought that the implication was that from the moment when the gang heard the signal in the car everything took place in STEM. How the gently caress they all ended up in those tubs was never explained.

And as for the first part, I think at that point they weren't yet sure whether or not they were going to make a sequel and the ending was meant to make you question whether or not Sebastian had actually managed to leave STEM or if the was still trapped in it. But that's just my interpretation.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So... When do you realise that it's the all-seeing eye in the sky that's making the growling noise, scruffy?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

citybeatnik posted:

Did you miss a statue tucked away at ~31m in? Before the jump down and the mirror?

Nope, that's not a statue, he hasn't missed one in this chapter yet, at least according to the guide I'm checking. So far he's missed... five kes I think, six if the shooting gallery is gone permanently. The one he picked in this chapter should be #21 if he was getting them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
And that's missed key #6. This one was in the house you were taking a stand in, somewhere in the rafters apparently.

• Locked thread