Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SunshineDanceParty posted:

This is a great show but drat the name is horrible. Mindhunter is something on truTV.

Mindhunter makes me giggle due to the show taking many of the same inspirations Thomas Harris did, and Red Dragon's first adaptation being Manhunter.

Also holy gently caress this show is amazing. Everything about it.

But the best part? FBI agents on long drives in cars. One of my favourite things to watch.

e:

Piquai Souban posted:

I am watching this after binging the “heavy hitter” / serial killer episodes of Last Podcast On The Left, and I highly recommend listening to the episodes associated with the killers who factor into the show.

Their research gives you a reasonably deep dive into a lot of the brief character/historical notes referenced for dudes like Kemper.

As I'm watching the show I find myself wondering if they've watched, and what they think of it. I love that podcast. As with all comedians, sometimes they spit too many jokes and a ton of 'em fall flat as gently caress, but their research and personal speculations are so drat good.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wise words to live by .....

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He nailed it. Watching interviews with Kemper then this dude playing him, it's so uncanny.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just when I thought this show was already pitch perfect, a gay Lena Olin appeared.

It's like Fincher has cracked open my skull.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lena Olin is dope af.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

howe_sam posted:

Irina Derevko's in this thing? I need to pick up my pace watching the show.

Mona Demarkov is always my first Lena Olin point of reference, ngl. I love Romeo is Bleeding more than a human ever should.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He's excited because it means they can take the case again/redeem themselves after getting in trouble iirc

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Well, yeah.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I think it's much less Holden is a psychopath and more the danger of this sort of work. It gets under your skin. They're just showing us in both our leads the different ways it can do that.

Holden is a very empathetic person, I think, despite him being so socially awkward. He isn't like Will Graham jacked to 11 levels of empathy, but he certainly connects to the killers in a way Tench can't or simply won't. Nothing more than that imo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've actually had someone I kinda liked as a person ask me this and I was like dude.... that's a loving weird rear end question to ask anyone.

If a girl asked me that, I'd know we're probably going to work tbh.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm partial to Willam Belli, the Aileen Wuornos of Drag.

Also I'm partial to Aileen. I don't think I have a 'favourite' serial killer, they're all fascinating.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Her interviews and stories are fascinating, but yeah her tale is more depressing than anything, really.

She was more of a thief who killed the people she robbed than a calculated killer too so she's kind of an edge case imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm sure if we all put our heads together, we can solve the mystery of Wendys pussy.

Lena Olin holds the answer.

• Locked thread