Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
six episodes in, this show is way better than I expected. It's differently paced than a lot of other shows, and definitely could not have worked as a regularly airing TV show, the way it's written and edited. It's textured.
I'm not usually a fan of serial killer-related stuff, but this show manages to take the salacious, lurid aspects out, and dig into the psychology of both killers and the people who try to understand and catch them. Some people aren't a fan of Groff's performance as Holden Ford, but I think he walks a delicate line between genuinely nice, idealistic agent and potential psychopath. and Holt McCallany is just fabulous. Tench comes across as an rear end in a top hat at first, but he's got a lot of heart, and he's more grounded and doesn't lose sight of what these fuckers they interview have done.
I also like how it's a period piece, but it doesn't feel like a weird time capsule. Like HEY GUYS THIS IS THE 70'S. the only aspect that betrays that is some of the musical choices. It could do with less popular music from that era, or at least less obvious choices than Baker Street and Psycho Killer.

also Anna Torv.... :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread