Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just saw this series, I was not aware the crime of Richard Speck until this show. His wiki article mess me good.

The rest of the serial killers, I was kind of "gotten used to" them thanks to overexposure to detective novel series like Bosch.

Question for true crime readers, do you think traditional serial killer is no longer as trendy in America? Do you think they have moved to planned public act of terrorist killing/shooting? Or do you know we still have as many serial killers secretly running around and killing people in the night but they just don't get as much media attention anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thanks for the reply. Do serial killer still leave challenge message to newspaper? I imagine they do it thru reddit nowadays.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really don't like the girlfriend actress. She has no warmth. Maybe the actress found out she is just a narration device with occasionally sex scenes.

I think I will check out the books, I have a feeling it's better than the show.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Henchman of Santa posted:

I maintain what I said earlier, that the writers have never spoken to a woman

I disagree, the doctor is a very good character and was well acted, she act and talk realistically within the academia and governmental bureaucracy backdrop.

The girlfriend actor was given enough material to do her acting. There were some psychological mind game dialogues she could work with and she came up empty every time.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fincher should have just made a Ed Kemper movie to begin with, because he rules.

• Locked thread