Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I'm only on episode 3, but Tench says that an old woman and another dog got killed in Carver and Holden gets excited about it so I'm guessing Holden is a psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yeah it's clear in hindsight now. There have been a dozen scenes up till now where Holden is being a robot and can't deal with normal people on a normal level and Tench has to course-correct him.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Comparison between Kemper in the show and his irl interviews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYBmNYc8IA

I feel like TV Ed Kemper is being played with a slightly more dopey voice. Maybe so that you get lulled into thinking he's dopey and then being more surprised when you realize how cognizant he is.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Just finished the first season. Loved it.

Any book readers wanna confirm for me Douglas didn't exhibit any signs of psychopathy and they invented the character of Holden so that they could develop this trait in the story, right?

I love it. I love that this is turning into the Jack Crawford and Will Graham Prequel Show. I know that Thomas Harris' characters were loosely based on Douglas but stuff that Harris invented for Red Dragon is reverse-seeping into the character of Holden Ford.

Good poo poo.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 26, 2017

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Boy I hope the show goes in that direction.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I have a good movie recommendation for you guys. It's the movie that I think inspired Fincher to make Zodiac into a movie, and seems very relevant to the profiling in Mindhunter.

It's on YouTube for free thanks to Viewster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26iYo7Vwp4E

Edit: also if you're the kind of person who notices camera movement and blocking in Fincher movies, (or even Edgar Wright movies) pay attention to this one

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
The cat can represent more than one thing.

• Locked thread