Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just caught up on the entire show in a day, which is unusual for me. Just found the whole thing really compelling and really dug the 70s setting. I particularly liked Tench's frequent asides pointing out the importance/strength of regular investigation and chiding Holden for dismissing local cops and their methods.

Can somebody explain the significance of the cat scenes in the laundry though? Best I could figure was that it was supposed to in some way represent that the Doctor thought she was building up to achieving something with her study only to see her expectations subverted by forces she couldn't control (i.e Holden bypassing her rigorous structures/the DAs not understanding her arguments or being more concerned with public perception etc)?

Also gently caress that principal, even if what he was doing was completely innocent and non-sexual it was completely inappropriate. ESPECIALLY after parents got involved and told him not to do it with their children and he completely ignored/overrode them. Yeah Holden's perceptions were colored by the people he was interviewing and he was making a lot of assumptions and then filling in the gaps (as Debbie warned him later) but what the guy was doing was still wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BigDave posted:

- What the hell kind of name is Holden?

Maybe his parents were big J.D Salinger fans and his form of rebellion was to become a buttoned down, suit wearing CIA man v:shobon:v?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

I've recommended it in this thread before I think but seriously, loving watch Zodiac, it's one of his best movies by a long shot and that's saying something.

Seriously, Zodiac is absolutely brilliant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus that turn to the camera :gonk:

• Locked thread