Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is the final boss Bowser? I bet the final boss is Bowser
Like normally I’d be like hahah what a huge loser caring about spoilers in Mario games but daaaamn I woulda been upset if someone spoiled the final boss of 3D World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I think Youtube spoiled 3D World's ending for me, so I just blocked half of website with adblocker (like every loving "Recommended" block). Really hope this doesn't happen with Odyssey...

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Calaveron posted:

Is the final boss Bowser? I bet the final boss is Bowser
Like normally I’d be like hahah what a huge loser caring about spoilers in Mario games but daaaamn I woulda been upset if someone spoiled the final boss of 3D World

Yeah, when people go "It's ALWAYS BOWSER!" I'm thinking like yeah BUT with 3D World it was this glorious beast of a Bowser.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Meowser.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Update on the following worlds in the game:

Kingdoms with 100 purple coins (i.e. big): Mushroom, Sand, Metro, Luncheon, Wooded, Seaside, Bowser
Kingdoms with 50 purple coins (i.e. mid-size): Moon, Snow, Lake, Cascade, Lost, Cap
Boss-level Kingdoms (no purple coins): Ruined, Cloud
Currently Unknown Kingdoms: At least one that is hidden behind a post-game moon lock, could be Delfino Isle because yoshi fruits from sunshine block things in Mushroom kingdom and Yoshi's house in Mushroom kingdom says he is out.

All kingdoms have varying moon counts. Mushroom kingdom has tons of moons given as "achievements" for doing various stuff in other worlds. Post-game, certain rocks get unlocked that then spread more moons across the previous worlds. Reminds me of green stars in galaxy.

So It Goes fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 22, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am gonna say, I am generally understanding of spoiler wariness but for a Mario game, I don't get it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am gonna say, I am generally understanding of spoiler wariness but for a Mario game, I don't get it

Did someone spoil the last boss of 3D Land for you? Because if you went into that blind, holy hell that made a wonderful impression didn’t it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea for me it's not "OH MY GOD THE PLOT OF THIS MARIO GAME IS RUINED NOW" but just kinda "Mario sometimes does some pretty neat thing with boss designs and their big finale set-pieces and all, I'd like to be surprised by them because it's fun to go 'oh poo poo, that's a neat one'. I really doubt I'm gonna be shocked by the ending itself, but I'll be a bit bummed if it's like 3D land where the big showdown is something cool with a neat Bowser form and I see it early.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao. no one read this until next month: if the spoiler i read is true, then i can't loving wait for all the hot think pieces from everyone.

Can get more context for this please?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

So It Goes posted:

Update on the following worlds in the game:

Kingdoms with 100 purple coins (i.e. big): Mushroom, Sand, Metro, Luncheon, Wooded, Seaside, Bowser
Kingdoms with 50 purple coins (i.e. mid-size): Moon, Snow, Lake, Cascade, Lost, Cap
Boss-level Kingdoms (no purple coins): Ruined, Cloud
Currently Unknown Kingdoms: At least one that is hidden behind a post-game moon lock, could be Delfino Isle because yoshi fruits from sunshine block things in Mushroom kingdom and Yoshi's house in Mushroom kingdom says he is out.

All kingdoms have varying moon counts. Mushroom kingdom has tons of moons given as "achievements" for doing various stuff in other worlds. Post-game, certain rocks get unlocked that then spread more moons across the previous worlds. Reminds me of green stars in galaxy.

hell yeah lets talk spoilers because i dont know what else to do until friday. (or thursday if im lucky) hidden kingdom gotta be delfino, it was on the map in the advertisement, if its not hidden then its dlc. i haven't looked into the kingdoms other than the names but i am kinda bummed at two of them being boss levels kingdoms, are they big at least? i guess the 13-14 was about right after all.

huge outfits spoilers i saw a list on wiki, loving 8bit mario, 64 mario, wario and waluigi are you making GBS threads me, goddamn this game. they better not all be amiibo.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 22, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can get more context for this please?

friend, i'll straight up tell you (no one read ending spoilers.. maybe) what i read states that peach straight up leaves bowser and mario squabbling and marries neither and fucks off back the mushroom kingdom. already seeing the usual people getting angry over "strong independent feminism in mah super mario" and other hilarious poo poo. some think its not the true ending tho and think there's another one based on moon count or something

anyway, don't let anyone spoil the final boss fight for you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

hell yeah lets talk spoilers because i dont know what else to do until friday. (or thursday if im lucky) hidden kingdom gotta be delfino, it was on the map in the advertisement, if its not hidden then its dlc. i haven't looked into the kingdoms other than the names but i am kinda bumped at two of them being boss levels kingdoms, are they big at least? i guess the 13-14 was about right after all.

huge outfits spoilers i saw a list on wiki, loving 8bit mario, 64 mario, wario and waluigi are making GBS threads me goddamn this game. they better not all be amiibo.

my friend brought his early/review/i'm not sure copy over to a house party my place threw last night and (outfit spoiler) 64 mario definitely isn't amiibo

also this game is loving awesome. i don't think i saw anything that isn't on youtube by now (at least from not what i remember, i was very drunk and high) but i can say it's fluid as hell and you feel less heavy than in the galaxy games and the amount of cool mechanics is so vast and ridiculous while still never deviating too much from feeling like classic mario gameplay. 5 DAYS IS TOO FAR AWAY

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

sexpig by night posted:

yea for me it's not "OH MY GOD THE PLOT OF THIS MARIO GAME IS RUINED NOW" but just kinda "Mario sometimes does some pretty neat thing with boss designs and their big finale set-pieces and all, I'd like to be surprised by them because it's fun to go 'oh poo poo, that's a neat one'. I really doubt I'm gonna be shocked by the ending itself, but I'll be a bit bummed if it's like 3D land where the big showdown is something cool with a neat Bowser form and I see it early.

Yeah, same. With games like these, it’s not so much “the big twist is spoiled, game ruined”, but more “oh. That’s a really cool thing that I wish I got to go experience blind”. I’m still gonna enjoy it and whatever, but it’s nicer to experience things on your own terms rather than get spoiled on it because some jerk decided that everyone should know what it is days before release.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

friend, i'll straight up tell you (no one read ending spoilers.. maybe) what i read states that peach straight up leaves bowser and mario squabbling and marries neither and fucks off back the mushroom kingdom. already seeing the usual people getting angry over "strong independent feminism in mah super mario" and other hilarious poo poo. some think its not the true ending tho and think there's another one based on moon count or something

I mean it’s not like Mario and Peach were gonna get married anyway, too much of a paradigm shift

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

my friend brought his early/review/i'm not sure copy over to a house party my place threw last night and (outfit spoiler) 64 mario definitely isn't amiibo

also this game is loving awesome. i don't think i saw anything that isn't on youtube by now (at least from not what i remember, i was very drunk and high) but i can say it's fluid as hell and you feel less heavy than in the galaxy games and the amount of cool mechanics is so vast and ridiculous while still never deviating too much from feeling like classic mario gameplay. 5 DAYS IS TOO FAR AWAY

oh hell yeah baby! legit shaking right now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Pretty sure they actually said nothing requires amiibo to get, which is a bit surprising but probably a good move for this game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vikar Jerome posted:

Christ the end of this week is too far away.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Color Printer posted:

Pretty sure they actually said nothing requires amiibo to get, which is a bit surprising but probably a good move for this game

Oh good I don't have to make new nfc tags

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh also, my favourite hat/outfit I saw: Diddy Kong

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Escobarbarian posted:

Holy poo poo.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
e: nm, I don't think stream links are allowed here.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't believe the ending of odyssey is Mario, peach, and Bowser entering into a polygamous marriage

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

i can't believe the ending of odyssey is Mario, peach, and Bowser entering into a polygamous marriage

In the true ending after collecting all the moons Bowser and Mario get married and open up a little bakery down near Sarasa Land and Peach dedicates herself to becoming a Philosopher Godqueen for the Mushroom Kingdom

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The same guy is streaming again. Apparently he's 25 moons away from unlocking the next post game Kingdom.

Spoiler about a cool post game thing: You also unlock more moons in each world after finishing the game. Sand Kingdom for example goes up to 80-something moons total.

This game is huge.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

This would be cool.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This is Fanservice: The Game so if the next kingdom is Delfino Plaza or literally anything from Sunshine I'll lose my mind.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

:eyepop:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Does he just go... bottomless?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So my best bet for actually getting to play this via download when it launches is getting a key from amazon or something, right? I remember the eshop making GBS threads itself pretty bad with Splatoon 2 so god knows what this will do to the poor thing.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

:vince:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh sweet god when is Friday getting here

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

5 days

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Color Printer posted:

yea I think they've said everything the amiibos unlock is 100% gettable in-game, though I imagine it'll be a bit hard to get some fancier looks. Still, 'nothing REQUIRES amiibos' is a welcome report if true

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finished (I think)

For those wondering and want the number of kingdoms in the game it's 17

To rip a proverbial bandaid off now Isle Delfino is not one of them.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How long did it take you or the streamer to beat it (I assume they didn't 100% moons)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'd say about 13-14 hours or so just to clear it.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Guhh. Reading some slight spoilers (I'll buy the switch only sometime after the release, so I'd see them anyway) and the wait is unbearable.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

For those wondering and want the number of kingdoms in the game it's 17
Jesus hell, I was thinking it'd be 9-10 max. I'm so happy some worlds are pretty small, since I always prefered variety of levels over size.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd say about 13-14 hours or so just to clear it.

That can't be right, even 3d world had at least 15-20 hours, probably more.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The Walrus posted:

That can't be right, even 3d world had at least 15-20 hours, probably more.

Doesn't sound too outlandish if you just move on the second you have the minimum number of required moons, or however progression actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Boss spoilers there's an actual, literal dark souls level

• Locked thread