Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There are a lot of bounds glitches being used in Hide It.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Bongo Bill posted:

There are a lot of bounds glitches being used in Hide It.

Especially in the Metro Kingdom.

Also they cleared the jump rope leaderboard. :cawg:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So when I look at my Balloon World stats, underneath each kingdom where I've got a balloon hidden, there's a code. What can I actually do with that code?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bongo Bill posted:

So when I look at my Balloon World stats, underneath each kingdom where I've got a balloon hidden, there's a code. What can I actually do with that code?
Give it to friends and have them look for your balloon.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Or this guy: https://www.twitch.tv/meerio_

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh, I totally missed the "Enter balloon code" button in Find It. Got it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don't want to talk about how long it took me to place this balloon :negative:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Happy birthday to me, have some expensive nerd poo poo from Japan! They also threw in a roll of Mario tape, because of course that’s a thing that exists.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is that tape?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is that tape?
Yeah, it’s not the same as their Labo masking tape, so I guess it’s just there because why not.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is that tape?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

pwn posted:

Yeah, it’s not the same as their Labo masking tape, so I guess it’s just there because why not.

That owns.

I don't get it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't get it.

https://youtu.be/jb3UobSZl34?t=104

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lol

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I can't believe I'm seriously trying to get every moon in this game, it owns

The only one I'm not sure if I can do by myself is the jump rope one in the Metro Kingdom. For some reason I just seem to cap out at 40. I really suck at getting the moped in there, so I haven't tried that too much yet, but maybe if I just put some headphones in and listen for the "yeah" for like 2 hours I'll be able to do it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

A Spider Covets posted:

The only one I'm not sure if I can do by myself is the jump rope one in the Metro Kingdom. For some reason I just seem to cap out at 40. I really suck at getting the moped in there, so I haven't tried that too much yet, but maybe if I just put some headphones in and listen for the "yeah" for like 2 hours I'll be able to do it.

You know you... don't need the moped... right?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The moped can make it easier as it's jumps are more consistent than Mario's.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Spider Covets posted:

Getting past 40 is the hump, just because of that sudden increase in speed. If you can get past that, pretty sure you're clear to 100 at a steady pace.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

with mario's jumps, it is consistent, but its a consistent pattern of two jumps with a very slight pause after the second so you don't trigger a triple. the last speed increase is at 50 i think? so mentally prep yourself for that

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
You can't activate the triple jump from a standstill so don't worry about it at all. The hop and skip jumps have the same timing so just focus on following the 'yeahs'.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

uPen posted:

The moped can make it easier as it's jumps are more consistent than Mario's.

Here’s an easy trick to doing the jump rope without the moped: hit the jump button. Repeat until you have two moons

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Macaluso posted:

You know you... don't need the moped... right?

Yeah I know, I'm just saying it was one of the methods I tried. Quickly double-tapping B to do a small jump consistently seems much easier though. People on Reddit though were talking about the moped method like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread etc.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Getting past 40 is the hump, just because of that sudden increase in speed. If you can get past that, pretty sure you're clear to 100 at a steady pace.

alf_pogs posted:

the last speed increase is at 50 i think? so mentally prep yourself for that

Oh that's good to know, maybe I'll go back and try it again sooner then. Thanks for the tips guys :)

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So glad I did the jump-rope moons before the talkatoo glitch was patched out.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Volleyball is 100x more annoying than the jump rope.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Macaluso posted:

Here’s an easy trick to doing the jump rope without the moped: hit the jump button. Repeat until you have two moons

This can be difficult for people, evidenced by people complaining about it since the game came out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also do it with the joycons and not the pro controller because you get a more distinct button press.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

uPen posted:

This can be difficult for people, evidenced by people complaining about it since the game came out.

I'm convinced everyone is playing a practical joke on me about this this whole time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Macaluso posted:

I'm convinced everyone is playing a practical joke on me about this

some people have no sense of tempo, it's just brain poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

some people have no sense of tempo, it's just brain poo poo

Wait,

So,

People aren't all the same?

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Bloop posted:

Wait,

So,

People aren't all the same?

Can anyone confirm/deny?

hosed up but true

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Macaluso posted:

1. Be in middle school when Super Mario RPG comes out.
2. Get the 100 super jumps.
3. Your wasted childhood will let you get the jump rope on the second try.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hey even as a middle schooler I realized I would be rewarded even harder if I found equanimity in not doing 100 super jumps.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I didn’t even think the 100 super jumps was possible without some sort of save states. I’ve played the poo poo out of that game so many times over the years and I probably never even got to 40 jumps in a row.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cobalt Viper posted:

Volleyball is 100x more annoying than the jump rope.

Agreed. I got the Jump Rope one pretty quick via rhythm, but the Volleyball one took like ten tries. I just used 2P Cappy as a UFO and played chase-the-shadow eventually worked.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I had a lot of trouble remaining focused long enough to finish the volleyball. That was easily my least favorite part.

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
I found handheld mode to be very helpful in getting the 100 jump rope moon. I tried a lot with it docked and never got past 70. Got it like third try on handheld. Once I reached max speed I was basically tapping the button as quick as I could do the lightest jumps possible.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sfmarine7 posted:

I found handheld mode to be very helpful in getting the 100 jump rope moon. I tried a lot with it docked and never got past 70. Got it like third try on handheld. Once I reached max speed I was basically tapping the button as quick as I could do the lightest jumps possible.
I did this too. I think it was the input delay with TV mode making it ever so slightly harder. Once I switched to handheld I got it on like the 2nd try.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Whew, finally beat Darker Side last night. The only really tough parts IMO were the cap-less wall section (which becomes trivial once you memorize the pattern) and the fog section which.... Well that part just sucked. It's either very carefully capping off the spiky bois or triggering the fire rings and getting real real good at jumping (or in my case, sucking at it but having enough hearts to survive anyway.)

I bought the last 119 Moons by Balloon Worlding like crazy and finished off the second Bowser fight (that was fun!) so now all that remains is buying the last few outfits. Then finally, finally, I can move on...

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
I ended up cheesing Darker Side with a Peach amiibo. gently caress that fork fling section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Darker Side is basically a test of endurance and getting individual sections down to muscle memory. Also luck.

I still reckon the whole game is basically a modern take on Banjo-Tooie. Losing lives means little but a brief setback, fewer, larger worlds, with lots of individual collectables with relatively little fanfare, not kicking you back to the start for finding one, world-specific transformations that open up different modes of gameplay and options...

• Locked thread