Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

The game doesn't show non-motion control options. :(

I was thinking since the spin throw and downward throw had special inputs that the upward throw would too.
Wait what? What are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ground pound, but let go of the button and hit Y once you hit the ground does the downward throw.

Spin the stick like you're doing a spin jump, but Hit Y instead does the spin throw.

Thanks, I'm at 600+ stars and didn't even realize there was a spin jump.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

I really wish the boss fights would save checkpoints between phases, the squid is beginning to annoy me with its penchant for staying still when I need it to move, but then moving when I need it to stay still.

e: seriously, is there no way to lock the camera to a behind-you mode?

I had a lot of trouble with him when I first fought him but found him super easy when I fought him again later on. You don't necessarily need to get on top of him. You can get close, flip around and shoot him as you fly away from him. You also don't ever need to ground pound him which I kept doing as well.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Can someone tell me where the Sand Kingdom art for Koopa Trace Walking is? It seems obvious, poiting to the bushes near the koopa, but I've tried groundpounding everywhere around it and not found it.

It's not near him at all. Follow the compass in the hint and look for the two bushes.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I meant for like, the down-a-pipe challenge bits where half the game is not running out of water :shobon:

You don't use any water if you're on the ground.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I'm missing one moon in the deep woods. I assume it has something to do with the coins in the river but I can't figure it out.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

See if there's anything you can capture nearby to use near the coins.

Bloodplay it again posted:

See if there's anything you can capture nearby to use near the coins.

Wow, out of 821 stars this one was my least favorite so far.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
That post-game broodal fight is easy to cheese.
You can leave the boss rush anytime and replenish your hearts with the 6 heart power up outside. Throw cappy at one of the fruit stems right next to the entrance. I found that out by accident because I fudged one of the fights so badly that I was hoping to reset.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

nerdbot posted:

The biggest buzzkill of 100% will be that the most efficient way to conclude a 100% run would be to save Toadette for last and spend like 8 minutes talking to her to get everything

I didn't realize you had to keep talking to her to receive more moons. When I came back way later I ended up getting 40-50 stars from her.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I just got jump rope, volleyball and a few purp coins left. Gonna put that off for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

McDragon posted:

I've only played it docked and I can't imagine how annoying motion controls must be in portable mode. Do you just have to shake the whole thing? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Yeah I play almost exclusively portable mode since I travel a lot. Forced motion controls for certain moons isn't possible in handheld for certain stars. For example the moon on top of the pillar accessed by bullet bill in sand kingdom.

• Locked thread