Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
This game looks Really loving Good and I am very excited for it. I have always preferred the open-worldish games to the linear level based ones (I preferred Galaxy to Galaxy 2 for instance) so I am very glad this new one is going for that. I remember (stupid) people were comparing this to Sonic 06 because there were regular humans in it, but it seems really well handled in this because Nintendo isn't stupid.

...Are we sure that Mario wasn't just the hat all along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I can finally experience rear end in a top hat drivers in a Mario game, thank god.

Loving the game so far and agree on the motion control stuff, but I just noticed that if you ground pound and then use the hat, it'll be the downward throw. Not sure about the upward one, but I'm pretty sure I've used it accidentally at some point.

Can you not bounce on the hat twice in the air? I've tried to do tricks but it always ends after my second dive (he won't bounce on the hat).

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

If they aren't they are now

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'd say the problem with not using four face buttons is that they used waggle for the special hat moves, meaning you essentially can't do them when in handheld mode. They had extra buttons they could have dedicated to those and chose not to use them.

As far as the moons go, my main "complaint" is that a bundle of moons doesn't feel very satisfying to get during the main story. I think they should have just replaced it with a Big Moon or something that counted as three. It would be the exact same thing mechanically, but feel less like I was being rewarded with three of something that's really easy to get most of the time.

• Locked thread