Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

With all the moons you can seemingly find through relatively mundane activities, I wonder what the minimum amount of platforming you can get to the credits with is. Like getting enough moons to go to the kingdom after new donk mostly just by messing with citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, my first day with the game I kept screwing it up by thinking I had to use a different button or something, but just toss your cap then do the dive with the same button. You might have to hold the button after diving to keep the cap out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/kfurumiya/status/924786383130001409

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The (postgame spoiler) mushroom kingdom outfit is amazing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh I think the game recognizes that with significant unlocks capping before 100% and letting you inflate your count. I don't think the comparison is quite 1:1, but there's intentional room to see even all the postgame levels while letting you miss or pass over some moons.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Have them snack on something else first.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Postgame: god dang that timer switch stage on Dark Side. The second section is insanely strict compared the other two, esp considering you can (barely) grab the second moon even after time expires.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not too fussed about getting every moon since even Darker Side unlocks long before that. There's def fun to be had beyond 500 and that's why I'm still playing, but there's a reason they gave a lot of leeway when it comes to unlocking all the postgame content compared to previous games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The koopa racing? I've found them pretty easy so far. Even with the gold there's usually an obvious level gimmick that they ignore.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just found the new donk city scooter challenge stage. That was...significantly easier than up on the moon. :shepface:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Schwack posted:

I'm so good at this part.

You can actually juuuust cheat that one if you get your jumps and dive just right.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You basically have to be perfect on the second section with anything that shaves time, and even then you'll be ending with a long jump. I eventually ended up doubling back if I bumped or didn't triple jump correctly since I knew I wasn't gonna make it.

Motto fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 15, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the final boss isn't supposed to feel final anyway, the game straight up tells you to travel more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are college students younger than the triple jump.

• Locked thread