Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I want a Mario Sunshine Kingdom which is just the whole map of Mario Sunshine but merged seamlessly into one area like they're supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

So, early adopters: how are the prospects of a captureless run looking?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Is there a way, or will there be a way, to change the time of day in places that we've seen at different times, like New Donk City? I need this for picture-taking purposes.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Are games art yet???

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Oh my god (New Donk City end spoilers) Pauline's dance moves when the background chorus starts going "Odyssey ya see" are her sprite animation from Donkey Kong :aaa:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The parrot just told me that one of the moons is named "Shopping in the Hat Kingdom". Does this mean I _have_ to purchase the moons sold at the shop? Or is this something else?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Larrymer posted:

walk inside the castle and look up at the ceiling like you had to in sm64 to get into the winged hat level.

How? I spent a minute or two trying to see the ceiling myself since I figured they'd do something like that, but I couldn't move the camera enough so I figured they just didn't.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

ground pound the glowing area in the hint art

So is ----------------------Poochy--------------- not actually in the game outside of the hint art? :(

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Spoilers for the cameo he shows up in exactly one spot and you get a moon for finding him

I just now discovered that you are wrong and there is at least one more spot.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Considering that everything in New Donk City (including the city itself) is named after Donkey Kong, his family must have been extremely influential. Do you guys then suppose that his kidnapping of Pauline was politically motivated?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Yeah, I've encountered that. Not just the jump button, but the cap button too. It's weird, though, since the first run of left joycons is known to have this problem, but not the right joycon. Even weirder, I've not had that problem on other games. Could be some kind of interference maybe?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Is there a reason to (500+ moons spoiler) do stuff on the Darker Side like kill the UFO at the very beginning?
I noticed I could just rush right past that area, and there's only one star on the list for that kingdom, so I don't think it would give me a moon. Actually, should I be keeping an eye out for any secrets there or should I just concentrate on surviving?

Larryb posted:

So towards the beginning of the Luncheon Kingdom there's apparently a moon buried under some yellow rocks but there aren't any Hammer Bros to capture nearby. Do you need to grab one from later in the world and backtrack all the way there or is there another way to get to it?

There are always hammer bros hanging out in the middle where the spinies are, just past the chefs' area leading towards the meat plateau. It's relatively close by. If they're not there, maybe you need to do a story objective, but as far as I can recall they've always been there.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Nina posted:

I was told the moons you can buy after the initial moon in every kingdom don’t count towards everything the total moon count unlocks. I feel like this person is full of poo poo but can anyone deconfirm

That's true. The shops sell an infinite number of moons. Only the first of each counts towards filling out your list of moons, buuuuut something happens when you reach 999 moons, and there aren't 999 moons scattered around the world, so you'll need to pad out your moon total by buying more.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Took me quite a few tries to get the S-rank secret race but it was still nowhere near as bad as jumprope. Try to hit the ramps as low as possible, and don't bounce at all if the ramp is inclined backwards. Going downhill seems to be faster than bouncing but you have to start bouncing again a bit before reaching the end of the slope so you have some momentum going uphill.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I like that in the postgame kingdom, two forks are having a discussion about whether goombas are mushrooms or acorns.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I finally finished the loving jumprope and all it took was for me to ride the scooter. Also I just realized that the jumprope ladies saying "Jump, man" is another DK callback! :doh:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

There isn't a full version of the scat-style Jump Up Superstar segment that plays when you collect the multimoon at the festival, is there? :(

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Lick the wall like you would a Switch cartridge.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

(very very end spoilers) I just noticed that Pauline is wearing a Mario hat after you finish the Darker Side. Is there anything else different that I missed?

Edit: also, for comparison, I bought 4 hints from the hint toad, talked to the parrot about 20 times, and used the internet for 10 purple coins.

Argue fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 16, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

You can buy enough moons to pad your count up to 999, at which point you get a minor reward--nothing earth-shattering; it's about as rewarding as getting a sparkly jump at the end of Mario 64.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Furthermore, in games where equipment gives bonuses, they should all have vanity options so that what players actually see can be different from what bonuses you want! Monster Hunter I'm looking at you! I was so angry when I found out that TWEWY didn't actually change any of Neku's clothes when you changed equipment, and I'm only going to buy it on Switch if this glaring flaw is fixed.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The current min capture record just for finishing the game is 15 captures. At minimum the first world needs 1 capture because of the spark pylon at the very end.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

:rip: Jump rope and Darker Side glitches.

Hahahaha the jump rope minigame now starts speeding up again after 110.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

How do you place a balloon that requires chaining jumps? There's no option to place a balloon while Mario's in the air.

Also how do you get into that caged-in area in Bowser's Castle (the one where you need to zip in through an electric line) in 30 seconds

• Locked thread