Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

For anyone else playing it, I can't find the Crazy Cap in Cascade Kingdom. Do I have to move on to the next location for it to open up?

Edit: found out for myself. Yep.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You can spin throw by twirling the stick instead.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this game in 1080p 60fps?

Adaptive resolution up to 900p w/ some semi-hidden resolution and animation cutting tricks to stay at 60fps.
Tech breakdown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOpdeMVB5_8

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Not at all, IMO. You can do all of the motion easily enough on the pro.
Actually, I can't consistently throw the hat upwards with joycons, but I can with the pro.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Donkey Kong Amiibo should unlock the Diddy Costume :mad:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The main drive to finish the game soon is to start watching the speedruns develop. Being at the inception of that sound neat.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 27, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kawabata posted:

Is this game as easy as people (reviewers, youtubers, etc) say it is?

I'm not spoiling myself to see if there's any end/post game star road type stuff, but I'd say it's on par for the 3D games.
On one hand you lose ten coins instead of a life for dying, so you'll probably never see 'game over', but coins don't refill health and hearts that do are kinda rare. You'll usually just refill life when you get the moon. In instances where they're at the end of a gauntlet of platforms and enemies and lava, you can easily get hit three times and sent back to a check-point.

Bosses are a joke, but that's not unusual.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 27, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

After finishing, I'm starting to use handheld and it's a shame how Mario gets softened.

The whole scene is sub-native, I'm guessing, but Mario seems to have extra LOD cutoff on his costume textures or something.

Anyway,

I've never been prouder of myself :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 28, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That Mario has testicles? You're a bit late.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Argue posted:

Is there a way, or will there be a way, to change the time of day in places that we've seen at different times, like New Donk City? I need this for picture-taking purposes.

Post game: Mushroom Kingdom lets you play New Donk in the dark again, but just in a variant of the mecha-wiggler boss battle

Not sure about anything else.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Man, I dunno if I wanna finish this game. As soon as I complete the main quest of these kinds of games, I find myself never coming back - beating the final boss and seeing the credits is the "okay, you're done now" sign for me, so I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again. :(

As soon as you see where the game dumps you after the 'ending', there's no way you'll quit.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wanna print this out as alternative cover art.
*endgame spoiler*

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

So after getting to the Mushroom Kingdom and man... what a massive disappointment

I think that's way too much to expect. If 25% of players even see the credits, what percentage of that is going to explore enough post-game content that it'd be worth remaking several whole legacy stages?

I think it's generous as is.
They could've just called it a day with the two extra moon areas.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Grabbed a couple of classy ones.

For some reason, the sharpening filter actually gave an edge bloom to the second one which wasn't there filter-less.

While I was there, I found out that if you put something dithered in front of the subject, outine goes to a kinda halftone, and you can get all sorts of cool gross junk patterns in the background (e: which I think was just the space skybox, if you were wondering.)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 29, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Larrymer posted:

beat the game last night, I don't really have much desire to go back and get a billion more moons. I still had over 200 when I finished.

With 500 moons, you get the last area, which is worth it if you like challenging platforming and actually want to use Yoshi for something.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 29, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Whoa. The Game Boy filter actually working! That really looks like an isometric
2d game.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Please put this in the OP.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is there any story or reasoning for why you do post game stuff? I can’t phrase this question perfectly, but once the game is beaten, are you essentially only playing to get 100%?

Mario wants to do some platforming as Yoshi. That's the story motivation.

edit:\/ They did remove sombrero Mario from the cover art. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/super-mario-odysseys-nintendo-switch-box-art-appea/1100-6452265/ \/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 29, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

e: What they said.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

How far into the game do I need to be to unlock outfits with amiibo, I have the dr mario amiibo

When you get to the desert kingdom, Crazy Cap, Hint Toad and Uncle Amiibo open up, I think.

Scan up to three Amiibo with Uncle Amiibo at a time and he'll give you moon locations and costume unlocks if they're compatible.

edit: He looks like this

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 30, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Calaveron posted:

It’s a pretty big spoiler

The sign is in the post-game, but everyone is asking about the move :shrug:

I guess those are N64 wall textures and a blocky silhouette, but I doubt anyone would pick that up.

widespread posted:

How the gently caress are y'all sharing pictures, I wanna share my dumb photos I haven't spent an hour on.

You can link Twitter to your account and post from the gallery, or if they're stored on the SD card, I think you can just copy those files off.

Dr. Fetus posted:

What's a good place to farm for coins, because these post-game costumes are ridiculously pricey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzM_xpifULA

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 30, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This bone costume better be worth an hour of grinding.
I'm dedicated to use it for the final stage.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man. I was just wishing for a random costume re-roll on death and it was there this whole time!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

This bone costume better be worth an hour of grinding.
I'm dedicated to use it for the final stage.

Happy Halloween!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I saw someone recently post about spending something like 8000 hours playing Resident Evil 5.
In the realm of video game obsessives, 165 hours for walking around every inch of BOTW in seven months seems perfectly fine to me.

edit: Oh yeah. I came to post how funny I find it that any% speedrunners will always be wearing the captain's cap.
Hopefully for the first GDQ it comes to, the runner/whole couch/whole audience will be wearing them.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 31, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Isn't that just a tiny part of the map he has covered?

I'd like to know what someone found to do for 8000 hours in RE5 though goddamn. After like 40 hours there is literally nothing else to accomplish.

I think they were just very invested in improving Mercenaries times.
Actually, it was 4000 hours across multiple versions http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448306

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone give me a hint on the moon Very Nice Shot with Chain Chomp in cascade kingdom? I bought the toad hint so I know which pipe it's behind but I can't for the life of me figure out a thing to do in here to get a second moon

It's in a hidden room to the right of the exit.

edit: too late.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2JOVX9DR_U
:cool:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That Cappy is a bad mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The beanstalk in Bowser Kingdom's still gotta be the best way to grind (if you don't mind it being repetitive.)

• Locked thread