Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Got it. I figured that's what happened, but just wanted to be sure.

##vote nevergirls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
For nevergirls to be innocent requires two scum to explain night three, someone to do the kill and someone to redirect me. (If I'd been redirected to infi I'd have gotten no result because ninja.)

(You'd probably lunch me after that, and the town would be in serious trouble numbers-wise. But 5 scum seems excessive and no combo of two people left even makes sense.)

##vote nevergirls

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I can’t help but feel like this is too easy. Maybe the scum have given up. But everyone should get a chance to post before we hammer.

##unvote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i tried to kill thranguy but mods alerted me vanilla town does not have any night actions. i reject these "rules" and "roles" because in life the kindest gantleman can be driven to truly twizted ends...true and understanding town would forgive my bloodlust *drops a big ol rock on thranguys head*

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote nevergirls if this aint scum im leading vote tomorow

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

oh hey hi I'm VT and sorry I haven't been here for basically the entire game. Life got super busy after the start of D2, sorry.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

That’s a bunch of bs imho thran is scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Is that all you’re gonna say?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sry bout ur scum team giving up rip

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

officer in my opinion it is the guy who shot my wife and gave me thr gun who framed me but thats nust my opinion

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote nevergirls

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote Nevergirls

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##unvote
##vote nevergirls
:redhammer:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The group, feeling itself on a roll, took no time in identifying what they thought was the final member of the wayward group of culture denzizens that wanted something far more insidious for everyone than would ever be acceptable. Nevergirls screamed for them to stop as they dragged him to an airlock. Trapped inside a field, he was helpless as the airlock doors closed shut, and then opened on the other side.

Sol-Venusa Nevergirls Abu Fil OFFICIAL da' Qal, Interesting Times Gang Aligned, Scum Strongman, was airlocked day 5.
:siren: There are no more remaining scum in the game! Town wins! :siren:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Setup:

11 Town
4 Scum
1x Scum Godfather / Mason
1x Scum Ninja / Mason
1x Scum Strongman
1x Scum Rolecop
1x Town Hated Cop
1x Town Tracker
1x 3-shot Doc
1x Town Roleblocker
1x Universal backup
2x Town unconfirmed masons
4x VT

Links:
Mod Doc
Scum Doc
Mason Doc
Observer Doc

Mod Notes:
The general idea about the setup for this was to just try and even things out for both scum and town. The hated cop was a way to create a nasty situation for town where the longer the cop is alive, the bigger a liability they become if they don’t claim. I think it would have been interesting if scum hadn’t been caught out so quickly. The masonry was just to keep the scum from getting complacent, though we saw how that turned out. I think if I had to tweak this setup, I may have gotten rid of the tracker, but overall, on the surface, I think it’s OK.

Not mincing words, Scum made a terrible night kill choice on night 2. They chose to target Asiina instead of Thran, who had been successfully role copped and had yet to reveal himself in thread. Yet they chose to ninja kill (instead of strongman) Asiina. This followed by targeting Bif night 3 sealed their fate. With two investigative roles still alive, the circle tightened too fast for them.

I wish participation on the scum team had been better. There were a lot of things that came up that hampered them. I’ll let them address that on their own, but you can see discussion completely died off in the scum chat after day 2 ended, leaving Nevergirls holding the bag. Idleness always loses your team the game, and this was no exception.

One funny night to point out:

On night two, b-minus1 blocked thran, who was tracking Inf, who was a ninja trying to kill asiina, who was being doc’d by flerp, which led to a lot of nothing happening.

A final note on Inf:
You’ll see in the scum chat that Inf said on night 2 that he was going to not give a poo poo about the game since Mario was coming out, and subsequently followed through on this, abandoning the game. This is not the first time he’s done this. I had hoped that his break from games would have served him well and that we may have seen him come back with a better attitude towards this community. He didn’t though, so I’m going to go ahead and say that I’m blacklisting him.

I was A) Obviously annoyed that he just up and left the game for no reason, and B) Frustrated at his continued aggressively lovely social play with everyone else. I too often find myself annoyed at his approach to interactions in these games and feels he often goes too far. I had wanted to call it out sooner, but that would be wildly inappropriate as a mod to do since I can’t really give any credence to a fight going on in thread. I don’t feel like we need to grin and bear it, though.

Thanks to ecco for letting me borrow her flavor for a funny Day 1 reveal, and thanks all for playing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for running, Max.

A shame the scum team imploded like that.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Thanks for running, Max.

:agreed:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks Max, fun game with cool flavor. A little anticlimactic with scum getting wrecked by night actions and sorta giving up but hey it happens sometimes.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not going to play in more games until I actually have the time to post.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh i actually saved asiina thats rad

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
good game kinda lame scum peetered out but it happens

thanks for modding max

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I played Mario and mafia cuz I'm a multitasker

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry I checked out. This has been my 4th scum game in my last 5 games and I just couldn't take it anymore. Basically I've been scum since the middle of February with one exception. When I saw I was scum again, I literally yelled gently caress and went to bitch about it to Max (somewhat unfairly).

I didn't feel like I could replace on D1 since I've never replaced and I felt it would immediately draw a ton of heat. Plus I was hoping that maybe I would get into the game. However, all that happened was that my mood outside the game was being affected by being scum and knew that I had to get out. So that was the hail Mary.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

flerp posted:

good game kinda lame scum peetered out but it happens

thanks for modding max

All these things.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Thanks for running, Max.

Also this.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I did a great job bussing the one guy who wanted to play good job me

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks for the game, it was fun coming out of retirement for a bit.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

And thanks Max for the game!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

oh i actually saved asiina thats rad

One of the best bits I remember from obsdoc was someone saying "we now live in a world where flerp is the best town"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thabk you macks and your welcome town i am glad to have won this game not just for you, but whith you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Thanks for running the game, Max. Too bad about the scum team not caring about the game. Tough luck, tmm. You did what you could.

• Locked thread