Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think one of them is scum, but I don't think they're scum together since Mags could have very easily just stayed afk rather than pop in to vote his scumbuddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hold up

Asiina posted:

If you targeted aC and Probst saw you

how do we know probst saw them

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

hold up

We don't, that's whats so weird about this. B- appears to be saying, when he saw Probst voting him, he just assumed Probst must have had some data on him like tracking or watching, that made him go "hmm that B- is up to no good and that is why I will vote him now"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

hold up

We don't.

b- is assuming Probst saw him visit aC and that gives him a reason to vote him. I don't know why he wouldn't assume that Probst is a rolecop, and that's why he's voting him, since that'd be more realistic for someone who is a town roleblocker getting voted for what he assumes are night action reasons.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I agree with that assumption of guilt point that Asiina made, like why is it so worrisome to get caught doing any action on anybody who's not dead? B- could've even been a doctor or something

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If this was Auspol no one would even care cause we used to use town roleblockers all the drat time haha

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

what is auspol this is like the 7th time someone is talking about that

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
auspol more like asspol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Jailer is more common than roleblocker for town, but it's not some super uncommon thing. Which is why Mags, who has played more than enough games to know this, shouldn't be voting for such a terrible reason.

I'm stuck, I want to vote them both, but again I don't necessarily think they're scum together. I was about to say that I talked myself into voting b-minus, but I thought about Mags bad vote again and I don't want to move.

My kingdom for a gun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

no don't

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Auspol is the Australian politics chat section of Something Awful, where the Mafia memes spread and had divergent evolution

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I say do mr f tonight and reassess b- tomorrow

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Auspol is the Australian politics chat section of Something Awful, where the Mafia memes spread and had divergent evolution

that's really weird. what's up with so many aus/nz people on the forums, there's a ton of them in yospos and they're all terrible people.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

that's really weird. what's up with so many aus/nz people on the forums, there's a ton of them in yospos and they're all terrible people.

don't sign your posts

(or read yospos for that matter)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I say do mr f tonight and reassess b- tomorrow

Yeah, that sounds like a decent plan

##vote Mr. F

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw Asiina was the journal thing a funny joke, if I was the type to let the fact that literally only 2 people would get it stop me, we would not have a stick figure comic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the best part is i didnt see poo poo

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm going back and forth now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm going back and forth now

I know, right? I wanna say that's such a scummy reaction from B- too, but I know I gotta heavily compensate for always finding it scummy when someone can't see how super obviously town I am.

Hey B- if you're scum y'all should withhold the NK tonight, make it out like you stopped em with your roleblock or something, make us get more paranoid about lunching ya, whattaya say

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’m gonna flip a coin

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Asiina posted:

If you targeted aC and Probst saw you, why would he vote for you? Someone visits another person who doesn't die. How is that vote worthy? You didn't kill her, so you could have been doing anything. That assumption of guilt feels like scum paranoia to me.

You're right about the paranoid part, wrong about the scum. I have only played a handful of games as a non-vanilla townie. I’ve never been a town role blocker.

My first thought going into day 2 was that I blocked the doctor. It’s why my first post of the day mentioned the doctor, and questioned why Hal wasn’t protected. AC posted reasons why the protection of Hal wasn’t successful.

b-minus1 posted:

Well, if we have a doc, they clearly didn’t do their job n1. Cool

AC posted reasons why the protection of Hal wasn’t successful.

apostateCourier posted:

Amen to that one. Or there's no doc, or the doc was blocked, or scumteam has a role that bypasses protection, or or or or or. Too little info to go on as far as that's concerned.
So yeah, I thought for sure that I chose wrong and role blocked a protective role. Later, SC64 made an ambiguous post where he voted for me and was going to return to explain later. Then I had a few votes for me early on day 2. So yeah, I was feeling pretty drat paranoid that I hosed up my night action, and that SC64 was a watcher/tracker and was going to reveal his role due to his suspicion of me.

##vote Mr. F btw.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hoooo

That actually makes a weird kind of sense now

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Happy to vote Mr. F!

He's at -2 though so gonna hold off in case he deigns to drop in and claim something.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

B- I think the part that really made you look dodgy before was that "at most one or two people should be suspicious of me" remark. Cause like, anyone can be suspicious of anyone at any time in Mafia, for all kinds of reasons, they don't need a night action before it makes sense for someone to suspect you. That really came across like "scum mad about being found for what they see as wrong reasons"

Pretty happy with the timeline of reactions you put forward here now though, it seems way more understandable

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

B- I think the part that really made you look dodgy before was that "at most one or two people should be suspicious of me" remark. Cause like, anyone can be suspicious of anyone at any time in Mafia, for all kinds of reasons, they don't need a night action before it makes sense for someone to suspect you. That really came across like "scum mad about being found for what they see as wrong reasons"

Pretty happy with the timeline of reactions you put forward here now though, it seems way more understandable

yeah i can see why. i almsot didn't include that part in my post. but i did because i sincerely thought that sc64 was going to out himself to make a case against me. if he did watch AC/track me to AC, I wanted to assure him that my intentions were not malicious. I actually thought he got the message when his case against me never materialized, and he posted this:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

##unvote

i forgot what my case on bminus was

I've overanalyzed the gently caress out of this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm on my out the door, but I'm also feeling better about b-minus with this latest series of posts, so I'm locking in my vote now. Won't be back before deadline.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone gimme the tl;dr case of MrF over bminus1, cause I got IRL job hunting poo poo to do today

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Someone gimme the tl;dr case of MrF over bminus1, cause I got IRL job hunting poo poo to do today

Take 30 seconds to read his posts.

Last two are great. He makes an excuse for not posting then the next day drops a bandwagon vote and disappears.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cause bminus1's 'Town' Roleblocker gimme-a-minute-to-type-up-a-word-doc-aka-CONSULT-WITH-SCUMDOC-AS-TO-WHAT-I-SHOULD-CLAIM was such a suss as gently caress move, and I don't know how we've moved past that

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll be out the door in a minute and will potentially miss deadline due to job interviews today sorry!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Take 30 seconds to read his posts.

Last two are great. He makes an excuse for not posting then the next day drops a bandwagon vote and disappears.

So it's bandwagon voting then disappearing vs 'town' roleblocker?

I'm pretty happy with my vote on bminus1 then, and we can look at MrF tomorrow and press for info.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Cause bminus1's 'Town' Roleblocker gimme-a-minute-to-type-up-a-word-doc-aka-CONSULT-WITH-SCUMDOC-AS-TO-WHAT-I-SHOULD-CLAIM was such a suss as gently caress move, and I don't know how we've moved past that

Yeah that was still kinda weird, but every other post suddenly makes more sense and seems more genuine looking back if he was thinking "oh gently caress did I gently caress up the doctor"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Town roleblocker is not unbelievable in a game with a hatecop.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Town roleblocker is not unbelievable in a game with a hatecop.

I find it hard to believe becuase it doesn't have a rider like hatecop. Town roleblocker is all well and good, but a standard role in a game with nonstandard roles is odd.

I'm keeping on b-1 for now, becuase I believe he is scum, his post hoc justification feels like it was just that, made up after the fact. But that being said, Mags is lovely as hell since he replaced in and I would not hesitate to drop a vote there if the b minus one train dries up, I'll just have to restart it tomorrow.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Grandicap posted:

I find it hard to believe becuase it doesn't have a rider like hatecop. Town roleblocker is all well and good, but a standard role in a game with nonstandard roles is odd.

It's really not. Every game I've made and played with non-standard roles included standard roles.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

it's fair enough to still see B- as scum cause that "wait let me type up a word doc" was still weird and he could've taken the time to just get a good enough explantion or something, but... this is a big assumption to make. Or is it normal for Eccogames to just never have a standard role without some twist to it?

Even if that were the case though, this isn't even an Eccogame, it's a Max game that paid a bit of tribute to Eccogames in the first chapter as a cool twist. This seems like a bit of a forced justification.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's really not. Every game I've made and played with non-standard roles included standard roles.

You're right, hard to believe is a stretch, but to me at least, it feels like another weak point against it, in a long line of stuff.
Town roleblocker - believable but scum is more likely
Standard role in game with nonstandard roles - believable, but it feels like the it is less likely than playing it straight
His reactions - scummy as gently caress.

Calling it a forced reaction is overstepping a bit here, if it were my only point, sure, but it is a single bullet in a litany of points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dammit, I switched to reacting to Bif's post half way through, it is a response to both Bif and Tobbs.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also I'm having fun in my foray back into mafia. I enjoy arguing with faceless people on the internet again. Yay!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

haha no worries I figured it out

just means you're chilling at the bottom of the Lumpenlist is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

You're right, hard to believe is a stretch, but to me at least, it feels like another weak point against it, in a long line of stuff.
Town roleblocker - believable but scum is more likely
Standard role in game with nonstandard roles - believable, but it feels like the it is less likely than playing it straight
His reactions - scummy as gently caress.

Calling it a forced reaction is overstepping a bit here, if it were my only point, sure, but it is a single bullet in a litany of points.

would you mind explaining why you have read me as scum since the beginning of the game? you've tunneled me from the start. excluding d1 jokephase, every post, including my early d2 softclaim, and the subsequent explanation for doing it, was made with the utmost sincerity. ive tried to respond to every accusation leveled towards me. i really did not think my role breadcrumb would end up backfiring so badly. is it really that hard to believe that I felt somewhat responsible for Hal's death by blocking a doctor night action?

• Locked thread