Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also also for the record Madman seemed to get mad about me outing him and then Inf got mad about Madman outing him and now nobody has said anything in the masonry basically since then, so essentially the masonry is dead for sources of information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Tobbs breadcrumbs are pretty good, but I'm still inclined to believe Madman since 1. what incentive would he have to make this up? Tobbs flips town and the Madman is lynched for lying when they're already down a person. If this was LYLO then sure, but it's not. More than breadcrumbs or saying the wrong person N1 that's really what's making the difference for me. Madman wasn't under a huge amount of heat or anything, so I just don't see a reason to fake this that's beneficial for him.

3. Madman said in the masonry during N1 that he had no official action and was going to submit something for funsies to maybe get some flavour, but also if he thought there was scum in the masonry it's not hard to see why he'd lie about that.

##vote Tobbs

1. I pretty clearly hinted that I had a result on grandi, fakeclaiming an action that paints me as potential scum forced me to claim. Also, my case on him is good, he knows that his play has been bad this game and if he didn't fakeclaim he'd probably be lynched.

2. So the main reason you think I'm lying scum is because you think TMM is making a bad play for scum? You don't care at all about our play this game, our votes, etc.?

3. TMM lied about having an action, rather than sharing nothing, and this makes him more town to you? How about it's possible that others in the masonry have night actions and he doesn't want to get tracked or otherwise investigated.

Terrible reasoning Asiina. If I flip today people should take a hard look at you.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Upside/Downside heavily favors lynching TMM tonight. Not much value in mason-watching any more with all of the likely targets outside the masonry. Cop is more valuable even in the worst case scenario of dying tonight instead of me or B- or flerp. So I think we'd need a very strong case to make us want to go the other way today.

##vote TMMadman

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Terrible reasoning Asiina. If I flip today people should take a hard look at you.

I wouldn't, never stopped nobody from being town before.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

I wouldn't, never stopped nobody from being town before.

Lol true, meta screams to me that she's town, but to put 100% faith in someone coming in with fake night actions looks terrible.

Who actually buys TMM saying:

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, sorry I didn't go back to check the first PM until now. It was b-minus visiting aC n1.

Either way it wasn't something I was overly concerned about because someone died N1 and it wasn't aC.

The important part is that I saw Tobbs and flerp both visit Asiina N2 and nobody died. And then when I saw that flerp was the doctor I put 2+2 together.

The simplest (and correct) explanation, that fits with his post history, is that he wasn't paying enough attention to the thread to properly fake his night actions.

In fact:

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm sorry I haven't really been playing this game. I was hoping it would distract me from some other issues but that hasn't happened and I just end up fretting over the issues while ignoring this game.

And that isn't fair to you other players or to Max. You can lynch me if you'd like, but I'm kind of hoping that getting a scum Tobbs dunked today will get me murdered tonight.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i feel like tmm was making a hail mary scum gambit but it didnt quite work out

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean he had 2 votes on him. It feels like a stretch.

Like really, my only hangup here is that I don't know why he would try this? Did he just get super unlucky that the person he picked to frame had breadcrumbed really well? I suppose it's possible since I do believe he hasn't really been paying that much attention. Still though, it feels premature for that kind of claim.

I mean we can afford to be wrong once, and I think this will lead to some good info that the previous two lynches didn't really give regardless of who gets lynched and what they flip. Obviously it'd be good to get it right, but this is just good for the game in general. I feel Tobbs has played the townier game, but I just don't know why scum Madman does this when he does.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Even with his claim he's got 4 votes. Like I said my case is solid and I think he realized that.

Upside to not lynching me is that I am the cop and if I don't get NK'd by some miracle I'll have another result tomorrow.

Even if TMM were telling the truth, his power is almost useless now. He can only watch masons? Then scum won't target them.

His fake claim is good for only one thing, which is trying to discredit me and get me lynched so they don't have to waste a NK on me and you end up lynching TMM tomorrow.

Basically, the reason you're voting me is exactly why TMM made his claim. If it works scum goes into D3 much better off than if we lynch scum TMM today.

Your argument is that it's a bad move if TMM is scum, but you're making it a great one.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

TMMadman (4): Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, STONE COLD 64, Thranguy
Tobbs Gnawed (2): TMMadman, Asiina
Thranguy (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64

Not Voting (5): apostateCourier, b-minus1, flerp, Grandicap, Infinitum

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 27 minutes.

http://www.vavatch.co.uk/books/banks/cultnote.htm

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, I know I believe Tobbs, and I think I believe TMM too with their claims.

Mason watcher is another half powerrole which fits the theme of the game. Universal backup inherits town roles. Limited Doctor, Hated Cop. These are all powers with limits.

Now we have a tracker and a roleblocker too... That is a gently caress ton of powerroles.

I wanna go back to voting the full powerroles. TMM flubbing on remembering his d1 watch doesn't stand out to me as bad. As scum, I would think he would double check that poo poo, as town he would throw it out there. Also watcher is a lovely fake claim simply because it is so very very hard to fake results for.

I was thinking in a fever dream about Asiina being scum because I can see scum Asiina throwing a worthless Mags under the bus hard like that, but that seems a little far fetched.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
TMM said I visited Asiina, which I didn't do.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I've just took a shower and the more I think about it, the more I'm sure if we vote either TMM or Tobbs out it will be a mislynch. I am pretty hungover so once I get some greasy food in my I am going to stream of consiousness post some things, they will not be thought out, they will be messy, but hey, you all get to pull back the curtain in the the GrandiMindTM

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

TMM said I visited Asiina, which I didn't do.

Wait, poo poo. Ok. That changes everything I just said. I guess the curtain will come down now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

PSA Kids: Don't read the thread drunk and then post based on half rememberings from the night before.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So the only way I'm still right is if there is a redirector\busdriver thing going on, which is unlikely.
So basically its down to who's claim do I believe more.

Tobbs, your claim has limited value as a scum role. And you did it early enough, that you could have gotten hosed by a hard role to fake (watcher or tracker) if they flipped first. So either you got lucky you got a cop to flip first, which is easy to fake as scum, because you know who the town are. Or you dropped a breadcrumb early that you were willing to just drop forever. Actually, that crumb was kind of a run on sentence, it could have just as easily been used as a fake claim for a doctor or a watcher. But I don't think you were playing nth dimensional chess.
So, if your role is true, you are town, because that role on scum, based on the claimed roles, is dumb, too many chances of being worthless. Doc (no evidence of other NKs) and cop both don't help scum, and the hated aspect super sucks for scum. So the only option for it to be fake would be setting up a breadcrumb that could have screwed you.
Ok, I think Tobbs is town.

Let's look at TMM's claim
The role it self is a plausible role, a watcher who has to watch masonry members is fun. Who is it that outed the masonry? If it was TMM, then he is trying to get people to use their power roles on the masonry so he gets more info. A honey pot. As town, he would be looking for killers as a watcher, it would be lovely to have that limitation as town, it would only work if the killer targetted the masonry. Watcher is a great scum catcher role, because of the ability to target the biggest threat to scum, especially after claims start happening. Making it limited to a subset seriously cripples the ability.
Watcher as a scum role is to find powerroles. For that use, the target of the watcher is way less important, because the important bit is the people who target your target, there are enough varied types of roles, that they can want to target the scummiest (investigative roles) or the towniest (protective roles) and everyone in between.

Ok, based on claim checks I'm going with TMM being the scum.

I'm going to hold off on the vote until I get the greasy food in my belly and actually go back and reread the outing of the masonry to see if I am remembering wrong on the masonry outing experience.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Man you guys are making it really difficult to decide which one of you is scum (tobbs or tmm). I’m inclined to believe tobbs for that clever breadcrumb. But I also agree with asiina that there wasn’t much pressure on tmm and the claim didn’t necessarily seem desperate. Need to read again.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean I don't think strongly enough about it to refuse to vote Madman to prevent a no lynch, but I'm willing to be wrong about this one if I am. I'm sticking with voting Tobbs.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Even with his claim he's got 4 votes. Like I said my case is solid and I think he realized that.

Upside to not lynching me is that I am the cop and if I don't get NK'd by some miracle I'll have another result tomorrow.

Even if TMM were telling the truth, his power is almost useless now. He can only watch masons? Then scum won't target them.

His fake claim is good for only one thing, which is trying to discredit me and get me lynched so they don't have to waste a NK on me and you end up lynching TMM tomorrow.

Basically, the reason you're voting me is exactly why TMM made his claim. If it works scum goes into D3 much better off than if we lynch scum TMM today.

Your argument is that it's a bad move if TMM is scum, but you're making it a great one.

Like this makes no sense. "It doesn't make sense as scum THEREFORE IT MUST BE SCUM!" Like assuming he's scum, he didn't know what you were before he claimed, so the idea that he's doing this specifically to discredit you as the backup cop is nonsense. In fact, he should have picked an easier target if this is a gambit. He knows people who are VT or have claimed to be VT, so why not choose one of them?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Asiina posted:

Like this makes no sense. "It doesn't make sense as scum THEREFORE IT MUST BE SCUM!" Like assuming he's scum, he didn't know what you were before he claimed, so the idea that he's doing this specifically to discredit you as the backup cop is nonsense. In fact, he should have picked an easier target if this is a gambit. He knows people who are VT or have claimed to be VT, so why not choose one of them?

they had a robocop so scum could have known tobbs role tho

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

autocorrect, rolecop not robocop

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they had a robocop so scum could have known tobbs role tho

Or they could've just paid enough attention to the breadcrumbs. It's been a long time since I played any games with backups so I wasn't thinking about them, and Tobbs' earliest breadcrumbs were great cause they just sounded like jokephase. But his most recent crumb about the Grandi results was heavy-handed enough that I started to suddenly wonder about it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
He responded to me casing him.

Also, if I were going to fake a cop result, I'd have claimed a positive result on TMM.

I only know he's scum because he's faking actions.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, if I were going to fake a cop result, I'd have claimed a positive result on TMM.

Nah, you start with a correct call and move onto the fake ones after you've built credibility.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all, why is it still D3

I wanna get through this TMM vs Tobbs business already so I can start casing Infinitum next

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote TMM

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote TMM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's -1 but I don't really want to move. I'm sure someone else will come in and hammer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha is that just voting now cause I said something, or is it a joke about how y'all are really keen to lunch Inf next

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha is that just voting now cause I said something, or is it a joke about how y'all are really keen to lunch Inf next

If TMM flips scum, I think it is more unlikely that Inf is scum too, because that would be 2 scum in the masonry, right?
I mean, with claims like this, there is no way the vote isn't going to be one of them, why waste the time?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

If TMM flips scum, I think it is more unlikely that Inf is scum too, because that would be 2 scum in the masonry, right?
I mean, with claims like this, there is no way the vote isn't going to be one of them, why waste the time?

Hmmm, all complaints about gaming the mod aside, I do gotta admit it does seem a bit weird to have 2 scum in a masonry, yeah

But I still suspect Inf anyway. Hopefully if TMM flips scum I'll figure out someone else better to look at though

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

why didnt we turbo infi again?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I perused this thread and I’m :420: right now and it looks like I won’t get to lunch thran today which bums me out ever so slightly

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I perused this thread and I’m :420: right now and it looks like I won’t get to lunch thran today which bums me out ever so slightly

What are your thoughts on tmm vs tobbs

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I think il hammer tmm and depending on that wel deal with Tobbs ## vote tmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer:

Twilight, everyone but TMM can post if they choose while I write up the flip.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So hammer happened more than 2 hours before deadline, which means the 10 post rule is waved for the night.

However, Infinitum didn't post a single time this game day, and will be placed on notice.

Additionally, the following players are Freely Lunchable from this point forward. Voting for them will not end the game day, but their flip will happen at the end of the day:

apostateCourrier

Flip coming soon.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Isn't my masonry fun?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Light years away from The World Forgetting by the World Forgot, a ship relayed information to its avatar. No one on board had realized that the person they were talking to, the thing they were talking to that they thought was a person, was actually remotely the mind of one of the most powerful ships in The Culture.

And it had made a mistake.

Spending precious hours pouring over the integrity of it's notes the ship finally hit upon one, single, corrupted bit of information that had been attached to his avatars recordings.

Decoding the error, it saw a single message.

pew, pew!

Missiles had suddenly been displaced in front of it, rocketing forward at a such a high velocity that it could only register this single fact:

3 anti-matter missiles had landed on it's hull.

TMM, GSV Thank You For Not Smoking, Interesting Time Gang Aligned (Scum) Godfather / Mason, has been lunched Day 3.

Twilight for an hour or so.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Que sorpresa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:shrug:

I sure wish the two almost confirmed town people I'm in a masonry with posted like...a single time, ever, at all.

• Locked thread