Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

ill play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Wrap it up guys. We found the scum n0, good job everyone

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

gently caress

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

why is day 1 so long

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

TMMadman posted:

Hello, I am confirming that I am in this game.

But the Cubs just lost and are now out of the playoffs, so I'm taking the rest of the night off.

fkn owned scrubbies

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Sorry I have been on travel just got back. IN.

Would you mind telling us why you killed pera

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Flerp protecting scumbuddy tobbs lmao. Nabbed two scum on day 1, fkn owned

##vote flerp

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

apostateCourier posted:

Looks like this is going to be a real short first game back.

Well that depends... are you scum?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Infinitum posted:

This is a dumb thing to be tabling D1, when votes are changing willy nilly.

Agreed. Deadline for day 1 isnít until Sunday. I wouldnt read too much into votes at this point.

Jokephase actually ends 10 posts down from this one. Hold on to your butts. Shits about to get real.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Since joke phase is over, Iím going to ##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

He said cute dog

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

B minus 1 still pinging my quality calibrated scumdar. Hal's deflection is too. Happy with votes on either of them.

I'm p. sure Apostate is town, this is almost exactly how I felt after coming back from one of my hiatuses. Like, just coming back and getting votes for stupid poo poo. After a while away it just doesn't run off of your back like it used to. Woe is me can be used for emotional response, but I feel that as a scumplay it would have been dropped a bit more strategically.

you might want to check your scumdar if im giving you pings.

also, getting votes for stupid poo poo is basically a rite of passage for early d1. i think we are (hopefully) past that phase, which is why I decided to remove my flerp vote, which was made with zero sincerity.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

drat, beat me to it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hosting in laws all weekend. Iíll be around in a few hours before deadline

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

i read hal wrong almost every game. im finding it difficult to vote for someone who has claimed cop though

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Very sus that RF disappeared after being called out.

##vote RF

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

WHAt is happening

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Well, if we have a doc, they clearly didnít do their job n1. Cool

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

##vote bminus

Lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

apostateCourier posted:

Amen to that one. Or there's no doc, or the doc was blocked, or scumteam has a role that bypasses protection, or or or or or. Too little info to go on as far as that's concerned.

imo the most likely scenario is that the doc self protected n1, which i would usually understand but there was a cop claim ffs. though tbh i think we should probably refrain from discussing specific roles too much, at least until everyone gets a chance to post their thoughts after n1. (yes im aware i was the first to even bring up the doc role today).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

STONE COLD 64 posted:

##vote bminus

will go in depth in abt 3 hours

This is a very poor decision. What is your reasoning behind this? Or are you just throwing out a vote based on nothing, like flerp did

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

im actually more suspicious of the people who seem to be attempting to start a wagon on me (asiina, grandicap) than the people who actually voted for me (stone cold and flerp). as far as I am concerned, there should only be one, at most two people with legitimate (though misguided) reasons to be suspicious of me. if said poster(s?) are town, then imo it is in your best interest to keep your suspicions to yourself for the time being. that is all i am going to say right now.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Asiina posted:

I mentioned you among 4 people who are lurking because until just now you had fewer posts than the mod. Asking for you to be vigged for lurking isn't the same thing as starting a wagon on you, so nice making stuff up.

I'm not making anything up, and yes I know I'm not the only person you mentioned. My post was mostly out of frustration because we are only a few hours into day 2, which is 48 hours long, and i already have three votes. Notice how I didn't vote for either you or grandicap, and outside of that post, haven't voted for or raised serious suspicions toward anyone yet. The day just started, and there are plenty of people who haven't posted. There is still a lot to discuss.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

TMMadman posted:

The Grandicap vote is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I can understand not particularly liking soft claims, but I feel like Grandi should maybe have waited until hearing what Stone Cold has to say.

it's the softest of soft claims, and only done because i was feeling the heat.

i am also interested in what stone cold has to say, but i hope he catches up with all of the d2 activity before posting.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

looking back at d1, lol hal was forced to claim because he threw out an early vote for bif. here are the people who voted for Hal as a result:

asiina
grandicap
rf
bif
apostate
inf

later, Hal explained the reason for his Bif vote:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well apostateCourier, let me start by first saying I would only make a case like this early into D1, as it's weak at best.

Jamuraan is a fine player, one who despises lurking but ironically (is that the correct use of that word?) he tends to be somewhat reticent to post himself. While he despises all lurkers, he holds a special place in his heart for hating lurking scum.

Jamuraan would be able to live with himself as a lurking town player and would most likely attempt to stay in the game if at all possible, but as scum he would not be able to live with himself if he lurked his way to a victory and/or let down his teammates who would be counting on his experience and wisdom to help carry them to a scum victory. Since Jamuraan is still relatively young and feels he may still have a long, productive and perhaps exciting life he would much more readily step away from this outstanding ecco-like being run by fine mod Max were he to have been assigned a scum role.

I have played a few games with Jam, and he has been town/3p every time. so I agree with Hal, that jam may have felt overwhelmed as scum this game. This could be completely wrong, maybe irl happened for jam and he had to drop out. But at the very least, we know that Hal was sincere in the above post. Just something to consider.

right now, my strongest scum reads are grandicap and bif.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

FYI I played a game with two unconfirmed masonries, and I was certain that one person had to be scum. I ended up being wrong; all four were town. Iím only saying this because even if there is a scum in the masonry, we canít forget about the other scum in the game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Itís awfully quiet now....

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

just throwing this out there - what if we look somewhere else for a d2 lynch? Even if there is a scum mason, there are still other threats to the town, and we might want to prioritize finding them instead. Based on my understanding of the mason role, a scum mason's only ability is to communicate with another player in the masonry, in addition to the normal scumchat. All I'm suggesting is that there might be 3Ps, or scum with other night actions, that can do more harm than a scum mason.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Stone cold is gif probst? Lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

I would lynch Thran, grandicap and bif, in that order.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Why hammer already?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

As all great posts begin, this one starts in jokephase:
Psychologically this engrains him as town to us, use of the collective pronoun to ingratiating us, while simultaneously cheering us for our non-accomplishment.

lol

quote:

The rest of his early d1 stuff is entirely unconsequential.

no poo poo.

i started to go through this line by line, but gave up after I got to this point. You're really trying to make a case against me by using early day one jokeposts as evidence that im scum.

i've already explained why I was aggressive early today. A wagon was starting to form on me, and I was frustrated.

Bifauxnen posted:

B- I'd like you to explain what you meant here about the "one, at most two people with legitimate (though misguided) reasons to be suspicious of me." I was waiting for this to be some weird night action bingo you were alluding to, then the mason stuff came up and I thought maybe you meant you were in the masonry, but you aren't, so now I don't know what you were implying here at all.

this sounds like rolefishing.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

if he is it would explain his weird breadcrumbing there

hmm. so if i were scum, and i knew about a masonry, then the first thing i would do is leave a breadcrumb informing the thread of this
Here's all I'm going to say: the presence of a masonry is annoying to me only because it guarantees that we gained nothing useful from my night action, even though the action was successful.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Smh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lol. you have to be scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Ok drat it. Iíll loving hard claim. Would you give me a few minutes to type this up before hammering me. Unbelievable

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

well i was planning on going to bed now. the last thing i wanted was to wake up to a hammer. i started the day off with three votes, so that would just be par for the course

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

im going to bed. claim typed up in word document, will post if i must. i'd appreciate if you would refrain from hammering me until tomorrow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

^^^Fine. I am a town-aligned role blocker.
N1: role blocked apostate courier. Was told that that my action was successful.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

##vote bminus

will go in depth in abt 3 hours
When I read this post, I thought that SC64 possibly watched apostate courier or tracked me to apostate courier. Which is why I posted this not long after SC64s post:

b-minus1 posted:

as far as I am concerned, there should only be one, at most two people with legitimate (though misguided) reasons to be suspicious of me. if said poster(s?) are town, then imo it is in your best interest to keep your suspicions to yourself for the time being. that is all i am going to say right now.
If apostate courier had a night action that I blocked, they would obviously be pissed regardless of alignment. Of course, they wouldnít know that I specifically was the person who roleblocked them.
And like I already said, I thought SC64ís vote for me meant that he knew something about my night action. If he was a tracker/watcher, I was suggesting that they keep the role secret. If he claimed a watch/track role, then I would have to counterclaim, and then two town roles would be known to the scum.

Once the members of the masonries were made public, I realized that my n1 action had no effect (unless of course, the mason members have actions other than communication outside of the game thread). Which is why I posted this:

b-minus1 posted:

Here's all I'm going to say: the presence of a masonry is annoying to me only because it guarantees that we gained nothing useful from my night action, even though the action was successful.

If you still vote for me, thatís on you.

After reading grandicapís long post addressed to me, I can see why he tunneled me. Bif, however, has no excuse. Her game seems incredibly different than previous games. Which is why I will ##vote bif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Goodnight

• Locked thread