Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Grandicap posted:

Also, just getting a response that your rb was successful, doesn't mean you actually blocked an action. That is mod dependent.
Saying you were successful could also mean that you weren't stopped from fufilling your duty, not that you stopped AC from doing a thing.

I know. Which is why I asked for clarification via pm yesterday (hope I’m allowed to say this) whether “action successful” means I actually blocked a night action, or that my action was carried out unhindered, meaning I have no way of knowing whether ac had an action in the first place. I was told that the latter is correct. So like I said earlier, when I learned that AC was part of a masonry, I realized that my roleblock likely had no effect on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

What the hell is wrong with you?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

what made you change the order and vote bif instead of thran. you explained why you're not voting grandi but not why you're not voting thran.

funny you mention that. i've been contemplating moving my vote to thran instead of bif, because it seems that i'm the only one finds her scummy. plus she's pissed me off. bif is notorious for posting walls of text that go on for pages. in previous games, even hinting at the possibility that she is scum results in walls of text that continue for pages and pages. None of that has happened here. Instead, the only thing she's done is tunnel me, and write that pathetic googledoc "journal."if she isn't scum, she's a useless townie.

##unvote
##vote thranguy

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Mr. F has made 11 posts all game.

Day 1: Voted for inf as a joke early in the game, believed Hal's cop claim, voted for RF.
Day 2: voted inf again, disappeared, and recently voted to lynch me "Blocker is not an inherently town role" FYI I agree, which is why I had to double check my alignment. But man, there's almost no content here.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Asiina posted:

If you targeted aC and Probst saw you, why would he vote for you? Someone visits another person who doesn't die. How is that vote worthy? You didn't kill her, so you could have been doing anything. That assumption of guilt feels like scum paranoia to me.

You're right about the paranoid part, wrong about the scum. I have only played a handful of games as a non-vanilla townie. I’ve never been a town role blocker.

My first thought going into day 2 was that I blocked the doctor. It’s why my first post of the day mentioned the doctor, and questioned why Hal wasn’t protected. AC posted reasons why the protection of Hal wasn’t successful.

b-minus1 posted:

Well, if we have a doc, they clearly didn’t do their job n1. Cool

AC posted reasons why the protection of Hal wasn’t successful.

apostateCourier posted:

Amen to that one. Or there's no doc, or the doc was blocked, or scumteam has a role that bypasses protection, or or or or or. Too little info to go on as far as that's concerned.
So yeah, I thought for sure that I chose wrong and role blocked a protective role. Later, SC64 made an ambiguous post where he voted for me and was going to return to explain later. Then I had a few votes for me early on day 2. So yeah, I was feeling pretty drat paranoid that I hosed up my night action, and that SC64 was a watcher/tracker and was going to reveal his role due to his suspicion of me.

##vote Mr. F btw.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

B- I think the part that really made you look dodgy before was that "at most one or two people should be suspicious of me" remark. Cause like, anyone can be suspicious of anyone at any time in Mafia, for all kinds of reasons, they don't need a night action before it makes sense for someone to suspect you. That really came across like "scum mad about being found for what they see as wrong reasons"

Pretty happy with the timeline of reactions you put forward here now though, it seems way more understandable

yeah i can see why. i almsot didn't include that part in my post. but i did because i sincerely thought that sc64 was going to out himself to make a case against me. if he did watch AC/track me to AC, I wanted to assure him that my intentions were not malicious. I actually thought he got the message when his case against me never materialized, and he posted this:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

##unvote

i forgot what my case on bminus was

I've overanalyzed the gently caress out of this game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

You're right, hard to believe is a stretch, but to me at least, it feels like another weak point against it, in a long line of stuff.
Town roleblocker - believable but scum is more likely
Standard role in game with nonstandard roles - believable, but it feels like the it is less likely than playing it straight
His reactions - scummy as gently caress.

Calling it a forced reaction is overstepping a bit here, if it were my only point, sure, but it is a single bullet in a litany of points.

would you mind explaining why you have read me as scum since the beginning of the game? you've tunneled me from the start. excluding d1 jokephase, every post, including my early d2 softclaim, and the subsequent explanation for doing it, was made with the utmost sincerity. ive tried to respond to every accusation leveled towards me. i really did not think my role breadcrumb would end up backfiring so badly. is it really that hard to believe that I felt somewhat responsible for Hal's death by blocking a doctor night action?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
*fingers crossed*

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tfw ur scum partner is put on notice, amirite

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Thranguy posted:

Agreed on B- prob being who they said they were, and definitely interested in what they have to say.

I bet you are lol. Did you have a good night?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Btw I blocked thran

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
btw theres nothing special about my rb role. only that i cant block the same person during consecutive nights, which seems pretty standard to me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Man you guys are making it really difficult to decide which one of you is scum (tobbs or tmm). I’m inclined to believe tobbs for that clever breadcrumb. But I also agree with asiina that there wasn’t much pressure on tmm and the claim didn’t necessarily seem desperate. Need to read again.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

I perused this thread and I’m :420: right now and it looks like I won’t get to lunch thran today which bums me out ever so slightly

What are your thoughts on tmm vs tobbs

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I chose the safe decision blocked ac. Didn’t want to risk blocking an important town role

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ha, I was going to suggest the same thing. Works for me, barring any shenanigans (ex, inf flips town/3p).

##vote inf

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Nice

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
did we ever figure out why there was no n2 kill? (I blocked thran that night). If I understand correctly, the godfather has the final decision regarding the nk, and then one of the other scum carry it out. TMM (godfather) and Inf (ninja) were still alive at this point.

or maybe it really is that simple and AC is the third scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh yeah.. i forgot about the recharge. I had never heard of that ability before this game. Interesting.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I knew I have blocked someone else. I call shenanigans.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Two strongman kills in a game?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
just want to make sure i understand the night activity/strongman kill:

i roleblocked nevergirls, was told "action successful"
But due to strongman, the night kill overrides the roleblock. Tobbs is killed.

If that is true, then why would I receive a message that my action was successful? im surprised i didn't get an "action failed/unsuccessful" notification instead

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Got it. I figured that's what happened, but just wanted to be sure.

##vote nevergirls

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I can’t help but feel like this is too easy. Maybe the scum have given up. But everyone should get a chance to post before we hammer.

##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

That’s a bunch of bs imho thran is scum

Is that all you’re gonna say?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote nevergirls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Thanks for running the game, Max. Too bad about the scum team not caring about the game. Tough luck, tmm. You did what you could.

• Locked thread