Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I want to play.

My nickname is Abu Fil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sorry I have been on travel just got back. IN.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Looks like I missed nothing but shitposts, neat

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

No you didn't.

Yeah I guess I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, bob :smuggo:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Would you mind telling us why you killed pera

I don't know how to break this to you but... I didn't.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hi everyone I was camping this weekend and catching up now. Here are my thoughts on the people who have votes on them right now

Retro - nothing but shitposts (yay d1) other than literally the last post they made which is kind of a case I guess.

Hal - fullclaimed, not worth the risk today. this is a no brainer.

Thran - there's no case on him from stonecold. flerp's case is about as good as a d1 case can be.

Bif - the hal/bif draws too much attention for either of them to be scum.

Apos - Case on them is as good as on thran I guess. Both of them feel like trying to contribute without contributing.

I strongly believe d1 is a waste of time in terms of casebuilding. but that d1 kills are important so I'm gonna ## vote thran and will be happy to switch to apos, or a better case.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Scum team pushing for a last minute vote swing imo

##vote Aposte

you've been on aposte literally since the beginning only because they're acting like a newbie or something

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Also infinitum, you're saying apos (aka the scum) is pushing for a swing vote? Can you show??

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

i read hal wrong almost every game. im finding it difficult to vote for someone who has claimed cop though

it's to town's advantage to not lynch him because tonight will yield better info with him alive

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Is opop gonna come back to this thread in the near future??

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Here for deadline, will hammer

come talk to us rf :f5:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Remember when the op said this would be a regular game of mafia :allears:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote grandicap

did not vote D1
constant excuses for not posting

Get me off this goddamn ship and back into my simulation

can also do a thrangy thang

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Well, if we have a doc, they clearly didn’t do their job n1. Cool

let's talk more about townie roles :allears:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

imo the most likely scenario is that the doc self protected n1, which i would usually understand but there was a cop claim ffs. though tbh i think we should probably refrain from discussing specific roles too much, at least until everyone gets a chance to post their thoughts after n1. (yes im aware i was the first to even bring up the doc role today).

oh ok

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Um wow

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

In 24 hours I will vig apostatecourier. You have until then to convince me I should target someone else

So you’re a vigilante who also has a night action to tell you something. Sure thing buddy.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I am assuming he is soft claiming a night action to know something about aposte

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Phoneposting but I’m comfortable with my vote on grandi, had my vote on thran d1 and my feelings haven’t changed so will vote on thran d2 as well.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I feel like all of you play a bunch of games together and that I’m in a disadvantage because of this.

TMMadman posted:

The fourth member of the masonry is Inf and I believe he is the scum in it. It would have been my first vote on D3. Something about him just isn't sitting right with me.

What the hell is this. Put a vote on it.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

let's just kill all the masons problem solved

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

but DIS GUY is scum for sure

##vote thranguy

like I said, I'm cool with this vote in general, but why are YOU pushing for him so hard (and you have been since the beginning of the game)

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

nevergirls is new i will not vote for nevergills.

bminus actualy reads town i actualy went and read through their posts

mr. f i am not feelin i dunno. not scum not town but he has a gun and only good authorative obediant citizens get to have guns.

flerp is a good boy no harm shall come to him.

bif reads like town.

what if all of scum came up with a plan to just claim they're all in a masonry together since who would lynch everybody in a masonry

for the record I'm not new I just haven't played in a million years. I can name drop with the best of them though... ever heard of a little someone named winvirus? yeah he lynched me one time.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

##vote Probst

I legit cannot with this name change

##vote stone cold 64

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Stone cold - literally not contributing, and making the game worse. picked someone before the game even started and just calling for this person to die for pretty much no reason. Name change after game start is also scummy.

Thranguy - I think is scum however I don't think Stone would be picking on him constantly if they were on same team. I feel like stone is more scummy than thranguy so going with that -- for now.

b-minus - I'm comfortable assuming he is doc or watcher or one of those things, he's almost for sure town. Grandicap's vote on him is bad.

stone cold / grandicap / [one of the masons!?] scum team imho

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

I'm so sorry you had to play with winvirus. No wonder you've been gone so long.

there was also someone else (not winvirus) who just responded with pictures of clowns for the entire game. too spooky 4 me

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Did he really though
yes I'm counting 4 times and more than that posts bitching about him. He also said "before any game starts i take the list of participating players and select one at random to tunnel. " So. This is at BEST town-unfriendly.

quote:

I don't really like this particular argument. I'm still worried about having a blind spot for Probst and all, but this doesn't look like a good faith argument to make. Like are you honestly concerned he went and performed the significant act of changing his name on the forums... just to try and fool people into forgetting he is the same person who made his earlier D1 posts?

OK I get it but if you're signing up to play a game, your goal (as town) should be to make things as transparent as possible. If I so desperately wanted a namechange I would wait until after the game. Again, town-unfriendly at best.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Infinitum posted:

So the masonry is myself, Apostate, Asiina, and TMMadman

I don't think asiina is scum so you, apostate or tmmadman is scum.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Kay that makes more sense.

I also need to remind myself that others may not be as comfortable as me with name changes, particularly if they've been away for some years.

I mean if everyone else thinks I'm being overly sensitive about this then fine it just seems obnoxious in a game where I need to heavily rely on the op to play.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i change my name all the time independant of mafia games continually rendering my Mafia High Score to 0, which is then rounded up to 1 (placement and scores share numbers to save moeny.)

it is a dirty continengent who look past the reads and effort and look at the jokes, and say "this here is the scum".

infi has corect approach and hal has best method for scumhun ting. he just self corn cobbed on day one and had to out himself because of tunelvision.

a fun meta for me is whenever i am in a masonry i will immediately out it and anyone who masons with me.

being new does not exonerate being scum. thran vote was always a joke to begin with but it has evolved into feeling he has something to hide, he posts from a place of insincerity and discomfert. i also found it shaky that he got some votes but the trigger was pulled on retro in stead who there wasnt a super strong case on. dismissiveness is the tool of the unrighteous.

this post is more helpful thanks

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## unvote

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I reread thrang's posts. All low content/zero content.

My case from d1

quote:

Both of them feel like trying to contribute without contributing.
(the other person I was talking about being apos)

flerp's case:

quote:

actually when looking at thrangles himself there's a lot "yeah i agree w/ this" but not a lot of their own independent thought. could be newbie uncertainity, or d1 uncertainity, or scum trying to find the "safest" case (which i feel like thrangles has always chosen, when it becomes oppurtune. such as going onto hal after multiple people have read him and then switching onto opop who is voting for claimed cop). i feel like it might be the last one.

hosed up but im feeling a thrangles vote myself. me 2-ing a lot but in a way that feels like its attempting to be w/ the "safest" case and not trying to actually find scum.

stone cold's case:

quote:

being new does not exonerate being scum. thran vote was always a joke to begin with but it has evolved into feeling he has something to hide, he posts from a place of insincerity and discomfert. i also found it shaky that he got some votes but the trigger was pulled on retro in stead who there wasnt a super strong case on. dismissiveness is the tool of the unrighteous.

bif's case is essentially "stone cold fka gif provost is my friend and I'm voting with him for that reason" and I geuss this:

quote:

Thranguy: Don't have the same level of certainty that Probst does, could see him just being a newbie, but I can also see the case as legit. Not my first choice but my first choices are not on the table.

honestly idk that any of these cases are strong including my own however I'm going for it
## vote thranguy

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

poo poo were we all supposed to be keeping journals?

good morning btw I see a lot of really long posts that I am sure to read at some point before deadline

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Nevergirls journal day 1: I don’t understand any of the meta
Nevergirls journal day 2: still not getting it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Want to address this real quick

Grandicap posted:

In those two posts, he throws shade in a jokey way at Nevergirls without dropping either a vote or reasoning (GrandiNote: Possible scumbuddy connection, if b-1 flips scum dig here)

he actually only addressed me or talked about me in one of those posts? I agree that's weak and jokey. but no scum connection over here I assure you. I have no idea how b-1 will flip but don't want that to be any reflection on me! I also don't want this to be like "oh if nevergirls doesn't vote for b-1, and b-1 is scum, then obviously nevergirls is scum too" whatever!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

thang and mr f obvious :bandwagon: imho

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have yet to review the b-1 case in detail but will do so and make a decision as it looks like it's either b-1 or thrang in 12 hours? anyone else worth looking at today?

I'd like to look closely at mason team tomorrow

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I would lynch Thran, grandicap and bif, in that order.

what made you change the order and vote bif instead of thran. you explained why you're not voting grandi but not why you're not voting thran.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Look at this scum. Makes excuses for not contributing then comes in to drop a bandwagon vote and nothing else.

Doesn't even talk about whatever the case on bminus is, just "roleblockers are scum" which in a pseudoecco maxgame is an inane conclusion to draw.

clear bandwagon vote like I said. if b-1 is not scum, then mr f is. but if b-1 is scum that vote wouldn't make sense at this stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have a town feeling on b-1 despite the case

At Tobb's quoting I re-read Mr F, and

## vote Mr. F

will switch back to thran if we can make it happen. But I think they're both scum.

• Locked thread