Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I need some help finding a quiet typing/gaming mechanical keyboard thats on a cheaper side. Full or tkl layout. RGB is not important, its a plus if it has white backlight.
Design is whatever, its is going to be a gift of sorts.
Anything below logitech crabon g513 price I felt drowning in the ocean of chinesium knockoffs and "mechanical" membrane keyboards.
I was looking among cherry mx browns as they promise quiet sound and only 45g of force but I honeslty don't know. Or romer-g.
I never learned to type without looking (but Id love to) let alone used a proper mechanical keyboard for longer than 10 minutes.

plssendhelp.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

mewse posted:

velocifire vm01

Okay, cool. Thanks a lot. I found my dream board.

Now I just need to find someone willing to lend me their delorean so I can actually buy that poo poo new and not from cum gobbling basement dweller that used it as a cum dumpster and as a waifu pillow.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

mewse posted:

Are you outside USA? It's still $44 from amazon.com brand new. I can't get one cheap up here in canada anymore

Neat, I forgot about amazon. Even with fastest delivery overseas its cheaper than buying one here :D
Thanks man, you saved my rear end from some lame chinese knockoff my wifey was gonna order off aliexpress

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

BONGHITZ posted:

jim davis launches garfield themed keyboard

I̶̧̯̖̲̼͋̍̓ͦ̃̒̋̊͜'̵̛͍̱̪̔̄̓̊̈ͭͯ̾m̧̙̯̫͕̆̾͑ͮͅ ̤̝͖̜̤̲̣ͯ̄̔ș̢̦̰͙͈͌͐ͨ͋ͪo͉̯̰̗ͩ̈͗r̞͈̝̳̹͐̈͐̅ͫ̅̈́ͅr̪̱̱̙̈̊̏̉̿ỵ͙̜̣̜̔̽̎́ͤ͞ ̸̩̘̗̳̲ͬͤ͝J̖͓̺ͬͫͨ̾͜o̫̲͉̥̘͓͇̫̅͜͜͢h̸̖͚̯͎̭̖̥̾́͆̐͒̊ͫͧ͘n͍̮͆̉͞ͅ

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

rotor posted:

gotta have those low-slung down on the pants, gunslinger style. otherwise you just look like an uptight nerd.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

It's been two days since my velocifire vm01 arrived and I'm in love. Thanks a bunch. Better than all those triple priced razers I tried.
Also I have already ordered some colorful pbt caps and such. Does anyone know how these really old styled caps called? Square and high ones but with rounded edges on top? Seem like newer typewriter kind of keys or early 80's computer keys that come from a built-in keyboard.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 16, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Jenny Agutter posted:

you may be thinking of SA profile, they own

Exactly, thanks!

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Achmed Jones posted:

if it ain't split it ain't poo poo

I'm waiting for another split addict to make a fully split kb with 44 keys each on their own board

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

After spilling some tea on the velocifire vm01, took it apart and de-watered it with wd40. Switches became so smooth and the touch and feel of the keyboard is so different. Long keys like spacebar and shifts still clack metallically though, is there a proper way to grease switches and supporting mechanisms?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

fuckin hell

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

larper posted:

Never used emacs but I agree with the first part. Typing on my REALFORCE R2 PFU Limited Edition Keyboard (Full, Ivory, 45G) ($345.14, No Returns) is a dream

Blink 60% if they are holding you hostage

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Pile Of Garbage posted:

posting on nice page via a $40 microsoft wireless keyboard+mouse dealio

:mods:

Posting on a nice! page via velocifire that was recommended itt, its wonderful after almost a year of use.
Still have a clanky spacebar though

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

"Standing up with no standing desk"
Who needs neck anyway, gently caress the neck

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

velocifire vm01

Also, on that - I tried silentmodding my vm01 and accidentally unsocketed the stab on my enter key.
Taped it down and honestly enjoying enter being silent and not clinky. The stiffness of the key itself didn't change. Is it worth doing for the rest of my keyboard or it's going to be a big regret in the future?
Spacebar metallic noise is killing me tbh even after bandaid mod.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

this keyboard is so silent and nice now, can't recommend modding your kb enough. so good it is
ps
stabs suck

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Nodding in agreement as I slam my home button to click on UCP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Jenny Agutter posted:

why is numlock a thing. who on earth uses their tenkey for arrows and poo poo. numlock should be the default and gently caress this piece of poo poo work laptop that I can’t set numlokc preference on

That one guy at microsoft that is stuck playing doom on tenkey and pgup pgdn