Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

post about mechanical keyboards no rubber dome poo poo

heres my latest keeb

hmm, can you retake this without cropping out the 10 key?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pr0zac posted:

posting in here to trigger shaggar

that's just horrible.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a righteous probe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
osx has built in kernel level mouse lag so you cant feel the bt lag.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Progressive JPEG posted:

why are apple computer's keyboards so bad?

tradition

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

idk man

hey so what the gently caress, why can't keyboards be decent usb hubs. i had a das keyboard that could but ONLY because the cable had two usb connectors to the compy, one for keyb and one for USB...

guess I shoulda just plugged the keyboard into its own hub and then would have still had an extra usb available

is it just coz USB is really just that poo poo, that doing the job it was designed to do in the first place, which is have multiple things on any port (up to 128 amiright?) it just cant do with all the demands a keyboard polaces on it

its because autistic children think that if the keyboard is off an internal hub it will cause input latency in their video james

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

so since i got a das keybaord at home ive become acutely aware that my keyboard at work is 1) disgusting and 2) so loving old there are marks gouged into the spacebar from the corner of my thumbnail (I think???) and all the key caps are worn smooth and horrid to type on. plus its a crap HP piece of poo poo in the first place.

but if i get a noisy mechanical keyboard my colleagues will kill me, im thinking some MX reds or something? when I tried them out I didn't think they were that much quieter than the browns in my one at home though

edit: all the ones i can find on amazon or whatever are idiot backlit gamer bullshit

just get a cheap gamer one. if you don't like the backlights you can turn them off but they're pretty nice.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I want someone to take that maglev keyboard tech and make a high travel version for desktops.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's so good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its a good keyboard because it has all the keys instead of one of those garbage 10keyless or worse layouts. Are those e-elements caps cause I have those too and they're gr8.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

They're Redragon caps from Amazon, probably a copy of the E-elements or something. For the price I'm super happy with them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q1DC4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yeah its all the same factory

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sniep posted:

isn’t “bottoming out” in ref: typing what happens when you Press The Keys? as is common in the activity of typing?

yeah. some people can probably type to the activation point but idk if theres any benefit.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
linear is gross

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

i got a logitech craft keyboard. it has chiclet keys (the best design)

mods pls

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

taken care of

thanks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

lol, graph doesn't know about the three trackballs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

duckfarts posted:

lil’ dude better watch out for tony hawk

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I think windows makes it impossible to have a good trackpad

scrolling is based on "lines" in the majority of apps, and the idea of horizontal scrolling is just not there at all

there's some speed threshold for what counts as a line so if you scroll slower than that it just never scrolls

dell ships trackpads that are literally half the size of good ones

and while we're on it

windows has dog poo poo support for keyboards too, you can't switch ctrl and caps-lock on a per-keyboard basis (just os-wide) and you either have to trust some registry hack or a third-party program

why would I ever want to switch control and capslock.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah obviously caps lock is most properly bound to backspace, while enter becomes control and right-shift becomes enter.

oh. u people are just trolling me w/ fake stuff.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you could check the Logitech site to see what it does. Logitech profile switches are usually on the bottom if the mouse supports them.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

just the worst

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i have a g710+ at home and I like it well enough. They make one (maybe the g810) that's browns, but without the orange plastic and gamer keys. That ones pretty good too.

their newer ones are their own custom switches which are not good or knock off mx blues that are not as good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they make little rubber damper things you can stick on each key that reduce the noise made by bottoming out. when Logitech was still doing mx switches they were installing them by default which was super nice. u can buy them off amazon or wherever tho.

like these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U7DJ0TW/

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 28, 2019

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

this is what happens if you aren't constantly vigilant against tenkeyless.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

the new mx master looks pretty sweet. i had the older version but i hated the buttons on the side

oh man they maybe fixed the hosed up side button layout. that does look good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Browns are quiet. if you bottom out when you type you can buy dampener o-rings to make that quiet too. some keyboards will come them pre-installed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

RustyKnight posted:

I'm getting really inclined to get myself this, Vortex Core

my partner is getting mad at me saying that I am trying really hard to find worst keyboard possible

they're right

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Midjack posted:

this is dumb as gently caress. some of their alternate history designs are fun but this is not.

:thejoke:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tenkeyless is for psychos

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

Is there a wireless mechanical that uses the Logitech unifying receiver (not the Logitech-Gaming one, that's different for whatever dumbass reason) and has RGB lights such that it can do that cool breathing effect?

the dumbass reason is probably the rgb lights

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that keyboard is missing a ton of keys, what the heck??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

mouse3 on the scroll wheel S U C K S

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i just use a regular keyboard instead of chopping off keys for no reason like a complete psychopath

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
imagine having all the space in the world but choosing to use what is effectively a bad laptop keyboard. smdh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

“not enough room for my mouse” is such bull

probably guys with a bunch of funko pops and other nerd trash cluttering their desks.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the government banning bad keyboard layouts is something i can get behind

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Midjack posted:

it doesn't ban the layouts, just the good hardware, so if you're a mega pervert and have a lovely keyboard where you can swap the caps you can have whatever hosed up layout you want.

i dont think swapping key caps gets you a 65% board. that poo poo is trash and anything that prevents it from working is good even if its unrelated to the actual physical layout.

full size keyb or get out

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i just got a keychron 6 pro w/ the banana switches and they feel real nice. I replaced the caps cause they ones it comes with have an insane profile.

really like the look of those cerakeys tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

I was looking at this board, it looks so good

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/KEYKCH1006/Keychron-C1-TKL-Wired-Mechanical-Keyboard-Normal-P

which, has browns. you can get reds tooo... unfortunately not blacks or clears

OR and this one might be even better

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/KEYKCH1136/Keychron-V1-C3-V1-ANSI-75-Layout-84-Key-Frosted-Bl

this.. has pbt :q: which sounds good

weirdly the first image on that link looks like a different board

wired ... goood
has a knob .. good
has arrow keys ... good
pbt ... good

if you wanna get a keychron board check their site cause although they have alot of sales distributors nobody carries their full line