Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Good solid character episode but not a laugh out loud funny episode.

My take on Paula in this episode: Paula was trying to use a rational solution to an emotional problem. There is no number of sign ins and tests that could fix insecurity that is coming from inside herself. But feeling like a badass problem solving protolawyer sure helps. So when she reclaimed her own badassery by taking on a revenge suit with Rebecca in conjunction with her husband taking the logical rational steps to regain trust, that's when she could feel secure again.

So I see Paula having a harder time letting go of the suit than Rebecca, who is not nearly as invested in it. Similar to season 1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Here's a link to a good article https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/crazy-ex-girlfriend-borderline-personality-disorder-rachel-bloom-aline-brosh-mckenna-interview

It's about how they came to the diagnosis from a writing perspective.

I didn't like the two songs. They weren't funny enough to justify how lame and corny they sounded.

I laughed at this episode more than I have in a long time, maybe since Greg left. I loved that they wrote some hilarious snarky poo poo for Valencia to say to Hector to balance out the rest of the heavy stuff.

Not really digging the continued falling in love of Nathanial with Rebecca. He's her boss and his feelings for her don't feel earned for me.

• Locked thread