Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Verizian posted:

That really needs a grip hole.

And scalloped frets.

Christ on a stick, they have a fretless 12-string too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I wonder if the weirder guitars on Rondo are customs that somebody ordered while drunk and refused to pay the balance on after they sobered up. Look at this thing, for instance. How are you going to get your djent on with nothing but a neck pickup? I guess somebody wanted to do a Charlie Hunter thing and then had second thoughts.

BDA fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 29, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

I wonder if the weirder guitars on Rondo are customs that somebody ordered while drunk and refused to pay the balance on after they sobered up. Look at this thing, for instance. How are you going to get your djent on with nothing but a neck pickup? I guess somebody wanted to do a Charlie Hunter thing and then had second thoughts.

That feels like a genie designed it when some teenager wished he had a guitar like Tosin Abasi

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

I wonder if the weirder guitars on Rondo are customs that somebody ordered while drunk and refused to pay the balance on after they sobered up.

a lot of them are

sometimes someone will do a custom order and kurt the owner has the factory make a few more just in case anyone else wants one

dunno if he still does any more but he used to respond fairly regularly to requests on their forums and that's how a lot of their stuff wound up getting made if a bunch of people said hey we want x or y feature

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

After having another look at this I honestly think it would look fine if they put, say, a Les Paul Jr pickguard on it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
http://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_AL-3010SE_2527_CSBF.html

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I'm late to the combining instruments chat, but the Corries developed "combolins" so they wouldn't have to lug a million instruments around on tour and they sound cool as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73qTTZrxvxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwDkuA44zAE

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Did somebody say "combining instruments"?

:swoon:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

loving lmao

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Tempting to call Rondo and ask if they'd make a fanned fretless Agile for me.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Most of their custom shop bodies have a fretless option and quite a few have multi-scale options, and there's no footnotes or anything that say you can't combine them. So I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

How many people even play fretless guitars, anyway? I can think of a few who have done it as a gimmick on a song or two (Steve Vai, Adrian Belew, Issei Noro from Casiopeia) but never as a regular thing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I always think I’d love a fretless guitar but honestly just play slide. You can do most of what you could on a fretless with possibly more precision. Chords are useless on a fretless and you can always fret behind a slide like Sonny Landreth anyway.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Anime Reference posted:

Most of their custom shop bodies have a fretless option and quite a few have multi-scale options, and there's no footnotes or anything that say you can't combine them. So I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

How many people even play fretless guitars, anyway? I can think of a few who have done it as a gimmick on a song or two (Steve Vai, Adrian Belew, Issei Noro from Casiopeia) but never as a regular thing.

I think Frank Zappa did some stuff with a fretless guitar at one point too.

I've played a fretless guitar once, it was super weird but kind of fun.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

prefect posted:

Did somebody say "combining instruments"?

:swoon:

that one on the right is like a guit-bottleopener

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4igRhglSE

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

PICK

A

STYLE

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
blah blah blah honk honk gibson *extremely loud queef sound*

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Concatenation posted:

United Colors of Badguitar

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Those famous shredder Les Pauls, y'know. The 80s were full of them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Anyone in the market for one of those likely already has an ESP/LTD eclipse that they bought used for like $400

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Anime Reference posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-5io1muSQ

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Anime Reference posted:

I like them, for being the weird cultural mix they are. Les Pauls are always so classy looking with their burst finish and shiny bits, I love that they kept the shape and instead went for the hardware and finish of an Ibanez RG superstrat. It's about as great trolling as the frankenstein guitars posted in the old thread that would be tele bodies with Les Paul necks or SG's with Tele necks. Add a tone handle and I'd buy it just to piss people off. A pink LP with a Floyd bridge? I know some people who would be blowing steam out their ears just at the sight. Even though I normally hate locking trems, I'd even make an exception for this crazy monstrosity.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUmEGBGlgA

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Looking at Les Pauls with locking trems got me on Robert Fripp's various guitars and, uh, geez:

It makes sense for what he does but still, drat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Anime Reference posted:

Looking at Les Pauls with locking trems got me on Robert Fripp's various guitars and, uh, geez:

Needs a rip cord and a self-destruct switch.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Concatenation posted:

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

This is unbelievably terrible, gently caress.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

kjetting posted:

I like them, for being the weird cultural mix they are. Les Pauls are always so classy looking with their burst finish and shiny bits, I love that they kept the shape and instead went for the hardware and finish of an Ibanez RG superstrat. It's about as great trolling as the frankenstein guitars posted in the old thread that would be tele bodies with Les Paul necks or SG's with Tele necks. Add a tone handle and I'd buy it just to piss people off. A pink LP with a Floyd bridge? I know some people who would be blowing steam out their ears just at the sight. Even though I normally hate locking trems, I'd even make an exception for this crazy monstrosity.

$4,000+ is a lot of cash to spend "ironically."

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
What the gently caress? 4.000?
Well, that's Gibson for you.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Rondo will happily build you one for about a grand, although I don't think gently caress You Pink is in their color options.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

Rondo will happily build you one for about a grand, although I don't think gently caress You Pink is in their color options.

otoh you can get this for 3 hunnit

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
No Floyd, though, you're only halfway there. Now this here is the real poo poo:

One hundred entire American dollars!

plerocercoid
Feb 14, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTTvPY

Some coworkers today were arguing over what the worst song in the world is, and it reminded me of this.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

kjetting posted:

What the gently caress? 4.000?
Well, that's Gibson for you.

Yep. An ironic guitar is almost always cool and good but when they push them into the "last guitar you'll ever want to touch" price range, you know something is bad wrong at HQ.

You know, with this kind of fantastic managerial competence at Gibson, it's hard to see how such a smart company who knows exactly what the market wants and needs could be over half a loving billion dollars in debt right now.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 31, 2017

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Anime Reference posted:

I like to think all the control labels and lines are also printed onto the guitar top in case he forgets what they are

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

plerocercoid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTTvPY

Some coworkers today were arguing over what the worst song in the world is, and it reminded me of this.

This song briefly transfixed my cat; I can only assume he considered it a threat display from a rival predator

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

is there any industry worse than finance for using pointless jargon to make simple statements sound unnecessarily complex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

is there any industry worse than finance for using pointless jargon to make simple statements sound unnecessarily complex

That's vintage handmatched tone jargon