Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Timg setting test

Fix is up, that was kinda fun. First issue complete :getin:

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Videos may work but clicking on tweets to haven them open in twitter doesn’t seem to work. Right now 3Dtouch -> opener works for now.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Skeezy posted:

Videos may work but clicking on tweets to haven them open in twitter doesn’t seem to work. Right now 3Dtouch -> opener works for now.

Try hitting the time stamp

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

This gif won't play on my xs for some reason. I've noticed this a few times, it only affects a smallish percent of animated gifs it seems. They are paused on the first frame and won't load.

Also in the latest beta I can't hit user names to bring up that menu.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

spanky the dolphin posted:

This gif won't play on my xs for some reason. I've noticed this a few times, it only affects a smallish percent of animated gifs it seems. They are paused on the first frame and won't load.

Working fine on my Excess Maxxx. Basic poo poo but have you tried clearing your cache and/or reinstalling?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Both the GIF and the menu work for me with the latest beta (6S+, 12.1).

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Hmm I tried restarting - didn't work. Then just left it for a few hours and it's magically working again. Never mind I guess!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Thank you for the disable auto timg option!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The update that was just pushed makes the app crash constantly on my iPhone 4S

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What iOS are you even on?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Dave posted:

What iOS are you even on?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

God bless you for fighting the good fight on that 4s.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Goons really are a special breed.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

I got a 5s, iOS 9.3.2, and it's crashing a bunch

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Hey can you work on making the app compatible with the payphone at this Denny’s

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I’ve been seeing the issue with tapping spoiler tags not working sporadically. Like on one page of a thread but not the next and going back to the first page it works fine

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

whydirt posted:

Hey can you work on making the app compatible with the payphone at this Denny’s

It's not nice to make fun of people for not buying new stuff.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Can you even run an iOS 9 simulator on modern Xcode?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

woozy pawsies posted:

It's not nice to make fun of people for not buying new stuff.

An iPhone SE is ~$100 on swappa and can run iOS 12.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
I thought the iPhone 5s also runs iOS 12?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

bronin posted:

I thought the iPhone 5s also runs iOS 12?

How well, though

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Embedded tweets don't load at all now, just their links and text.
Also, I'm now missing the 3 dots or whatever on a person's post to quote/mark read/etc. I can still hit that area to bring up the menu, but the dots are not visible.

I've reinstalled the app, no difference.

iPad Air
iOS 10.3.3

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

iPhone 8
iOS 12.1
Awful 3.43

Cannot tap user to browse Rap Sheet. Boo

Cannot tap to see spoiler text. Boo

Embedded Twitter vids play now! Yay!

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

An iPhone SE is ~$100 on swappa and can run iOS 12.

Oh wow, that's really cool. Know about other things for sale?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
friendly tip for my other awful app users, if your scrolling isn’t perfectly smooth like normal and starts to hitch just go ahead and hit the empty cache button in settings

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This happens to me sometimes until i kill the app and relaunch

Also i can't long-touch to open and save a gif now

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Sorry for the bumpy ride on this update, but I promise it's setting us up for better things in the future.

EugeneJ posted:

woozy pawsies posted:

I got a 5s, iOS 9.3.2, and it's crashing a bunch

Sorry about that! I'll try to figure out what's up. Crash logs are coming up empty for me, which suggests the crashing happens on launch?

Sockser posted:

I’ve been seeing the issue with tapping spoiler tags not working sporadically. Like on one page of a thread but not the next and going back to the first page it works fine

I'll take a look. Sounds like fun to reproduce :D

Subjunctive posted:

Can you even run an iOS 9 simulator on modern Xcode?

Yep! Can go all the way back to iOS 8.1 in fact. (Naturally I can't reproduce the crashes in the 9.3 simulator but I'll find some real hardware to try.)

JazzFlight posted:

Embedded tweets don't load at all now, just their links and text.
Also, I'm now missing the 3 dots or whatever on a person's post to quote/mark read/etc. I can still hit that area to bring up the menu, but the dots are not visible.

I've reinstalled the app, no difference.

iPad Air
iOS 10.3.3

Will take a look!

Regular Nintendo posted:

This happens to me sometimes until i kill the app and relaunch

Taking a look here too.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MarcusSA posted:

God bless you for fighting the good fight on that 4s.

I should probably do a trip report at some point

Banking apps all get updated still, as does YouTube, Google Drive and Uber. Chrome, Gmail and other Google apps like Docs are stuck on whatever the last update was a year ago

As long as you had an app bought in the app store at *some point* you can still re-download the last working version for 4S from the app store. But if you try to download a new app now for the first time... it doesn't offer you an old version

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Sorry about that! I'll try to figure out what's up. Crash logs are coming up empty for me, which suggests the crashing happens on launch?

For me, its when I try to open a thread. I seem to be able to browse the main forums, but as soon as I try to go into a thread it crashes. If I haven't opened the app for awhile, I can sometimes open up 1 thread and view it, but when I go back and try to view a different thread it crashes.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

woozy pawsies posted:

For me, its when I try to open a thread. I seem to be able to browse the main forums, but as soon as I try to go into a thread it crashes. If I haven't opened the app for awhile, I can sometimes open up 1 thread and view it, but when I go back and try to view a different thread it crashes.

Ah yep, seeing it now in the simulator. I think.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m not sure if this is old, because I don’t use it that often, but what happened to the thing where if you click a username in a post it would give you option to see just their posts, view profile etc? I’ve clicked/long pressed everything I can see and can’t find that stuff. I’m on a 6 so not sure if it’s behind a 3D Touch now?

E: a force kill and reopen brought it back, how odd.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
well now twitter linking works (THANK YOU) but embedding does not :(

iOS 10.3 still

You rule thanks for keeping us dead gay forums users in... easy reading

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Regular Nintendo posted:

This is happening for me too! On latest App Store version of Awful (v4.43), iOS 12.1, and an iPhone 8+.

Here's a new minor bug: if you have only one post visible on a page and you tap in the blank space below that post (if it's the last page in the thread, you'll need to tap below the "End of the thread" text as well), the entire scrollable post view darkens for the duration of your tap, although the header or footer remain non-darkened. It looks like there's a tappable target down there which covers the entire scrollable posts view and rejects (or just passes through) taps on the posts themselves, but can be activated by itself to do nothing.

Awful v3.43 release notes posted:

• Always-available "Open in Awful" and "Open in Safari"!
Yesssss thanks! :stoked:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Grace Baiting posted:

Here's a new minor bug: if you have only one post visible on a page and you tap in the blank space below that post (if it's the last page in the thread, you'll need to tap below the "End of the thread" text as well), the entire scrollable post view darkens for the duration of your tap, although the header or footer remain non-darkened. It looks like there's a tappable target down there which covers the entire scrollable posts view and rejects (or just passes through) taps on the posts themselves, but can be activated by itself to do nothing.
Yesssss thanks! :stoked:

I noticed this one as well, along with it being seemingly more difficult to swipe back to where you were, but that might just be my imagination.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
latest update seems to ignore the "load images" setting for timgs and always displays them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

I should probably do a trip report at some point

Banking apps all get updated still, as does YouTube, Google Drive and Uber. Chrome, Gmail and other Google apps like Docs are stuck on whatever the last update was a year ago

As long as you had an app bought in the app store at *some point* you can still re-download the last working version for 4S from the app store. But if you try to download a new app now for the first time... it doesn't offer you an old version

That is actually pretty impressive for a phone that is 7+ years old at this point.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MarcusSA posted:

That is actually pretty impressive for a phone that is 7+ years old at this point.

Only broken thing I can think of besides app compatibility is the newer emojis showing up as question marks in text conversations

I replace the battery with a $5 one from eBay every couple years and I have no problems

Google actually tried to stop supporting Google Drive on 4S/iPad 2 about a year ago, but so many people complained since they still use an iPad 2 as their only computer and lost access to their files that Google changed their mind and started supporting both devices again

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Crime on a Dime posted:

Thank you for the disable auto timg option!

X1000000

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
The app was crashing on my iPhone 4s when I tried to open a thread from bookmarks. I cleared the cache in settings and it seems better now

e: ok sometimes it needs clearing each time to open a thread

Crankit fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

:same:

iOS 9.3.5

Happens consistently when clicking a thread from my bookmark page. Crashes almost instantly after clicking