Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Having an issue sometimes where I can't post at all through the app. I can hit reply in a thread and write out what I want to say, but as soon as I go to the preview and hit post the app just keeps looping back to the preview and nothing gets posted.

I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 11.3 (GM not beta).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is there anyway to get in on the beta for this still?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is there any update on the posts sometimes messing up and having to cancel a post and then go back and post thing being fixed?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Videos may work but clicking on tweets to haven them open in twitter doesn’t seem to work. Right now 3Dtouch -> opener works for now.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Uploads working fine.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

carry on then posted:

Is it weird that I like the new iOS 13 way of doing the new post view? Looks nice.

You mean the pages thing? I love it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

spanky the dolphin posted:

Yeah it’s slick. You can half drag down and see the posts behind the post screen now, that could be pretty handy!

Holy poo poo, that I didn’t know. Very nice.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Ran into an issue this morning. iPhone 11, iOS 14.2

Trying to quote a post in SAS. First press of Quote button unresponsive, second press brought me to Quote Post screen but the app minimized within a second. Upon bringing the app back up, the screen was on the forums list. Replicated 2 more times; never actually crashed the app.

Been having the same exact issue. This is on an iPad Pro, iOS 14.2.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Data Graham posted:

“Or whatever” doing a lot of work here, as the kids say

Can you elaborate on how to enable this untrusted shortcuts deely? Searching settings found nothing

Settings > Shortcuts > Allow Untrusted Shortcuts

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

rip epa

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

TestFlight build is going to expire in 9 days any chance of an update on that or what?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Beta just got a new build.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Vibing with the new icons and changes. Not having any issues with it looking weird or small (13 Pro, iOS 16.2)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

TestFlight is going to expire in 2 days, just thought I'd mention this :)

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 17, 2023

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

You were better off, the beta was unusable in its state.

Worked on my machine just fine.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

New themes seem nice, don’t remember these in the last TestFlight build.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bhodi posted:

quick question, is there an option somewhere to swipe left from within a thread to bring me back to thread/forum listing? Or really any other option than hitting the < at the top left? Maybe a settings option I missed? Having to reach that far up with my thumb is really cramping my single hand browsing.

Unless I’m mistaken, the default is to swipe to the left to leave a thread and go to the thread listing. You don’t have to hit the < at all.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Grace Baiting posted:

In particular you gotta swipe from the left edge of the screen, like in Apple's apps (vs Discord and Telegram etc where you can just start dragging rightwards from anywhere on the screen).

Now I’d love the option to be able to swipe a bit further back like Discord to move between pages.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Was about to complain about the TestFlight being close to expiring and got hit instead with an update.

SAD works now too. Great. Thanks y'all.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is tap post to jump supposed to do anything or am I doing it in the wrong place?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Your concept was so low effort that it didn’t display. Here you go:

(lrn2crop)

ninja: oh, you fixed it, nm I guess

Make that the icon. Don’t even spruce it up.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yeah the haptics are nice but do weird things sometimes. Sometimes when scrolling threads it’ll just do haptics for the scrolling or something.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Would something like imgbb not be a good alternative?

https://api.imgbb.com

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I just turn sigs off full stop.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

withak posted:

So here I am, posting from the App Store version like some kind of animal.

:negative:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ty for new TestFlight build lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://x.com/stephenasmith/status/603384079044759552?s=20

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Which icon are you using lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thanks for the new TestFlight build and just going whole hog and removing all the icons lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Forgot to mention but on the latest TestFlight build icons are still missing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

App icons are still hosed on the new build lol. Figured I’d keep pointing this out.

Also add some new icons already thanks.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmfao y’all released the build with broken icons.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 27, 2024

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Happy to report that icons are back in the latest TestFlight build. But I think it’s time to add some new ones.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ty for the icons lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thankfully I don’t use either of those options.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Arivia posted:

For some reason I’ve lost all the options for app icons. I’m just using the regular build from the App Store. The only option visible is the blue background with five gold bars.

Yeah that was an issue with the TestFlight for a while. The TF build now has the fix and new icons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'd try the testflight build since it's newer I think,

https://testflight.apple.com/join/530cS7a7