Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

101 posted:

Pepe the Frog is a cartoon character that has become a popular Internet meme (often referred to as the “sad frog meme” by people unfamiliar with the name of the character). The character first appeared in 2005 in the on-line cartoon Boy’s Club. In that appearance, the character also first used its catchphrase, “feels good, man.” The Pepe the Frog character did not originally have racist or anti-Semitic connotations. Internet users appropriated the character and turned him into a meme, placing the frog in a variety of circumstances and saying many different things. Many variations of the meme became rather esoteric, resulting in the phenomenon of so-called “rare Pepes.”

"The swastika (as a character 卐 or 卍) is an ancient religious icon used in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism." :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Same thing with spoiler text not revealing on my X, iOS 12.1

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

IllegallySober posted:

Force-closing the app fixed this for me on my X when this happened yesterday, FYI.

testing

e: seems to work now, weird

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Double tapping pictures triggers the zoom which I don't like. Also, long pressing images is still broken for me.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

pokeyman posted:

For long-pressing images, can you link an example? And are you running Awful 3.54? (You can double-check the version in the Settings tab.) I fixed an issue with long-pressing things in that version, but maybe that wasn't your issue.

It's pretty much all images, tho on occasion I can long press and get it to behave properly. I have no idea what is different between my presses, so I can't reproduce the proper behavior.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

3.56 appears to fix image long-pressing for me. Thanks!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Regular Nintendo posted:

Goons with spoons is the drug forum mow, its a freebasing joke

also heroin

also cocaine if they're really tiny spoons

perfect forums joke

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

humble end-user here: if you decide to get rid of the post dividing lines please make it optional. I do not like the proposed change.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

teen phone cutie posted:

anyone else get signed out and their saved app settings wiped?

the login times out eventually, and, if i recall correctly, stuff like favorite forums gets wiped on logout.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

something weird with “smart” punctuation? just enabled it to see what happens posting from ios. can’t wait to see what the output is

e: hmm, renders normal. maybe some android or other os is doing something weird with smart quotes

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

that's a forums bug, not an app bug

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

spankmeister posted:

Hey you know what would be a great feature? Searchable smileys!

seconded.

also thought of a feature when i was going through the pyf comics thread: it would be cool that if you opened up a picture in a thread you could swipe through all the pictures in the post in that view. i.e. long press on a image to open it, then swipe from right to left to see all the other images in the post in the same view.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Warbird posted:

Passing thought for a feature: Could it be made so a post with multiple picture embeds is treated as an album of sorts so that you can swipe from one to the next while they’re selected/blown up?

quoting myself cuz i want our feature requests counted as the same thing

Mr. Fix It posted:

seconded.

also thought of a feature when i was going through the pyf comics thread: it would be cool that if you opened up a picture in a thread you could swipe through all the pictures in the post in that view. i.e. long press on a image to open it, then swipe from right to left to see all the other images in the post in the same view.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

spankmeister posted:

After a year your cookie expires and you'll have to log in again, but I don't think the app's settings should reset when that happens.

yah, but the iOS app (and I guess the android app too?) stores them together. I'm fairly certain it's on the list of things to adjust.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

smellmycheese posted:

Musk really has hosed Twitter embeds for this place now. The twat

MarcusSA posted:

I’m good with that.

i, too, vote that x.com posts are never parsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I guess that’s a work in progress?

I’d just use the ios shortcut at this point

image upload on the forums is also a work in progress. currently attachment images are stored in the database. i wouldn't expect image attachment in this unofficial app until image uploads are sorted forums-side.