Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I can't filter by thread tag. I can click the thing at the top of the open forum but it doesn't show me tags to choose anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nitr0 posted:

Can’t go to current page of this bookmark. Just displays this error.

Cleared cached and logged out no difference.

Can get to previous page

I have the same issue with the metal gear series thread.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Whenever I try to refresh my bookmarks it says “too many https redirects”. I can still open threads, but not see how many new posts and all that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Teddybear posted:

This is also happening to me.

An uninstall/reinstall fixed it for me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
For some reason my bookmarks tab will stop letting me click threads sometimes. I have to close the app and restart it. Going to a forum works fine, scrolling works fine, but my bookmarks don’t work.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

It’s the servers taking a poo poo.

Yep, I've gotten some error messages trying to make a post, hit the post button again when it clears, and then bam, double/triple posted.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does anyone else have issues using trying to jump to the last post when you look at a user's post history in a thread? Whenever I pick it in the page menu it jumps me to the last page of the entire thread. Selecting any other page is fine.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The quote button has stopped working a few times today, and regdates aren’t always showing up either.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’ve noticed more cases where I’ll hit quote and nothing happens, I figure I mistapped and try again, then it puts me on the reply screen. The text is quoted 2-4 times and it’ll hang for a bit before it crashes. Been unable to reliably replicate it. On the iPhone X if that matters.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Sometimes when I’m going to a thread from my bookmarks, the “previous post” button doesn’t appear so I have to go back a page and then forward to the one I was on. Is this a known issue?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just used it on this thread and it worked without issue. May be device or version specific?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Last read markers are loving up somehow, it’ll show the right amount of unread posts and send me to the last page instead of only showing unread.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

:toot:

My question is how do I private message someone?

Tap their username and pick the PM option.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That’s what I was trying

I have the platinum grenade so I should have PMs right?

Weird, that’s what I see when I tap my own username.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

It looks like you don't have PM's enabled on your account? You might have to log into the web version to turn it on.

I just sent them a PM without getting the message that they’ve got PM’s disabled.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Dunno if it was the server or the app but I just tried to make a post and it said that the image upload failed.

I was not trying to attach an image, and it was making the post properly each time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I made a QCS thread and the app is displaying it weird in my bookmarks- it looks double posted even though it isn’t.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I waited until I was at 10 percent to take that screencap because it drives people fuckin’ nuts.

E:Went to remove it from my bookmarks to see if taking it out and re-adding it would fix it to see the glitch spontaneously resolved.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Just tested and it worked fine for me! Thanks, this is a good fix!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879285&perpage=40&pagenumber=364

Tweet embedding is fucky at the moment, especially when it comes to stuff surrounded by :nws:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The forums were updated so that following a leper’s colony link doesn’t effect your bookmarks, any idea if this is coming to the app? Tested it today and it’s still working the old way.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Any reason why imgur has been broken on ios for the past week or so?

Pretty sure that happens at the end of every month, it uses one imgur account that runs out of monthly uploads.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

heated game moment posted:

Mine’s been doing this for a few days as well

Did it happen after an iOS update? I can’t get it to happen on mine but my phone hasn’t updated in a week or two. If it’s a recent thing for both of you I could see a recent update being the culprit.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Grundulum posted:

Pretty sure I saw someone mention it on one of the previous pages, but Awful App seems to eat punctuation randomly. Quotation marks and em dashes will appear in my post’s text, and in the preview screen, but then disappear at time of posting. When other users quote my post, the punctuation is missing from the quote, so I guess it somehow never made it to the forums? Edit: but other times it appears to work normally. I am very confused.

I’ve had that happen and when I go back to edit the post, the quotation marks are still there, it’s making it to the server somehow but not displaying.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Loving the images in the leper’s colony. It’s definitely loading a lot slower now, but I’m not sure how much of that is coding related and how much of that is the fact there’s two image probe threads going on right now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Charles posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809308

This thread seems to be able to cause the app to crash. If I've read it already and then click it again it shows up blank. If I click "Previous posts" it crashes. There's something weird going on with it -- the "killed by" is showing different people when I click refresh, so I'm going to ask in the tech thread too.

Same... but it works if I follow your link. If I navigate from QCS, no dice.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809308&perpage=40 is the URL for the dead version on my phone. Maybe the perpage is badly interacting with the deleted posts?

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 25, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I went to see if I could replicate the broken version by going to it from my bookmarks, but it straight up doesn’t appear in my bookmarks. So
-links work and it displays normally that way
-clicking it from QCS crashes the app if you hit “previous posters” on the blanked page
-it doesn’t show up in bookmarks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Frank Dillinger posted:

If you open the app and switch over to bookmarks tab fast enough, it doesn’t crash.

I don't even get the bottom row of icons. It's weird, it held together for me last night when everyone started having problems and then completely died on me this morning with no middle ground.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The noseen=1 stuff has shattered some stuff when it comes to following quote/lepers colony links in a way that I’m having a hard time explaining because it breaks my brain. Basically it’ll make following quotes in a thread that has new unread posts do the unread posts instead, and hitting previous posts is broken. I haven’t been able to reliably replicate it and when it’s going on I’m too :psyduck: to really tell exactly what it’s doing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The “OP’s name is blue” thing doesn’t work in threads you go to from the Leper’s Colony.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The only thing I care about for uploading is that it works consistently, and the built in imgur stuff hasn’t been too great for that because of its account limits. If the other site is better in that regard I’d be delighted.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Had another case of clicking a quote link loading just the new posts in the thread instead of taking me to the quote.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pokeyman posted:

Had you already seen the quoted post? Like was it in the Previous Posts on that page? (Sorry, I forget the circumstances you mentioned before.)

Yeah, the quoted post was in the previous posts in that page, or perhaps the page before-either way it was in a circumstance where it would have to load posts and it loaded the new posts instead of the correct one.

E:just had it happen from the leper’s colony too.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 20, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Clicking through from a rap sheet or quote is still bringing up the unread posts in the thread instead of taking me to the correct post- but only in bookmarked threads. If I’ve read the thread but not bookmarked it it’s working as normal.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
So, trying to edit my post when it’s the only post showing immediately after actually making the post says “you are editing your own post” with the option to delete draft and nothing else. Can’t type in the text box and the post has been made, it just hasn’t loaded the rest of the thread.

E:unless there’s a post made between starting the post and posting it that it hasn’t loaded yet, if it’s got any other posts to show this doesn’t happen.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Having thread titles show up as “The Something Awful Forums” (with the correct tag) in my bookmarks. Only on the app, haven’t tested on browser, but I haven’t updated and it just started today so it may be the site. Will cross post to the app thread too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

I got a weird one: my apostrophes are disappearing. They’ll show up fine in the reply and preview windows and I can see other people’s apostrophes, but mine are nowhere to be found.

E: working now apparently? It didn’t work in another thread about five minutes ago. Weird

I’ve had that happen with quotation marks as well.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Has there been any movement on adding buttons to the mobile app? Being able to directly upload images from my phone for sixers would be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Warbird posted:

Didn’t the app have stickers/smikies for use in iMessage for a bit? I kind of want to use a couple choice smilies to mess with some people and didn’t see it as an option.

You have to activate it in the “keyboards” part of your settings menu.