Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Possibly reported earlier but the "parent forum" button doesn't seem to be working for me. Tested both from bookmark links and from just browsing into a forum.

Awful 3.28, iOS 10.3.3 (not updating until the inevitable battery life patch).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

illcendiary posted:

Has Cloudflare DDOS protection broken the app?

No, but the site itself has been a little wonky with Cloudflare recently and when the site is busted the app is busted.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Crime on a Dime posted:

can only see PMs from january this year, is there a limit to how far you can scroll back?

The main private message page only shows the last 50 PMs initially, and the app doesn't support clicking through to the full list.

quote:

NOTICE: Only showing the last fifty messages to keep things fast, click here to list them all!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

the yeti posted:

(My assumption is that I have had them on ignore for a while but they’re an IK now or some such and any further additions to the list is causing an error because mods and admins are protected )

Yes.

pokeyman posted:

LeJackal isn’t, but communism bitch is, and so long as communism bitch is still on your ignore list you can’t make any changes.

To be fair, that’s really something that Awful should handle for you. But in the meantime, if you edit your ignore list in your browser and swap out communism bitch for LeJackal you should be all set.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Change the style (on BnR). They have a ton of options including some minimal ones that read much better on mobile. An app would still be great, though!

Surely the BnR admin can pay for the mobile Xenforo app?

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/forumapps-presents-native-xenforo-apps-for-ios-and-android.128866/

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Is there a button to get back to a thread you were viewing before you hit the wrong spot and jumped back to the forum list?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Swipe the title bar left, all the way from the edge.

From the bookmarks tab that is doing nothing.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Hmm, it works for me!

Where are you before the wrong press, and what are you pressing wrongly?

Naturally I got it while rubber-ducking. Goddamn that's got to start all the way at the edge, though; I think that's what I missed before.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

There's something strange on an iPhone (6s, iOS 13.6.1) showing the Leper's Colony (or Rap sheets). I didn't have a problem with these on an iPad, but check out how Owlofcreamcheese's 3day is showing up (and everyone else on this page).

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Negative unread counts are interesting. iOS 14, whatever latest public release is.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Zero One posted:

Just confirming I also have this same issue.

Same, 6s with 15.0.2.

Edit: also iPad mini (5th gen) with 15.0.2.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 28, 2021

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Ive been spending a lot more time with a keyboard hooked up to my iPad; are there any keyboard shortcuts in the app (like scrolling)?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Diabolik900 posted:

It’s been a while since I used my iPad with a keyboard, but I believe holding down the CMD key should show a list of keyboard commands. This is an OS feature so it should work across apps.

Definitely zero commands popped up.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Serendipity, I have a little Bluetooth keyboard hooked up to my 1st gen 12.9 iPad - holding the 'command' key does indeed pop up a tooltip

…amazingly, now it works for me, but I sure as gently caress did not get a tooltip last time I tried this.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

blastron posted:

Is Awful known to be a battery hog?

Heavy network use + animation = heavy battery use.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

carry on then posted:

I don't really feel it's worth it anymore if the entire codebase could change one day overnight due to a clandestine project to rewrite everything.

A clandestine project to rewrite everything sounds like a lot of effort, so I doubt it's happening.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

b_d posted:

m y specific question was whether i could meaningfully develop for ios without a mac these days, which as i recall was difficult or impossible to do in the past. i didn't ask what language it's in or how github works. but thank you

It's doable, if by "without a mac" you include "renting someone else's cloud in the mac" and you have a great internet connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I didn't like having to do it back then, and I'm just too stubborn to develop Stockholm Syndrome about stuff like that.

And also stubborn enough to keep whining about the flavor to people giving you free ice cream.