Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sometimes the app will swipe off to the right into some grey and I have to force quit it to work again.

Latest version, on iPhone 8 running 11.4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The app has been acting up for me as of late. If I switch back to Awful from another app (like my browser) after having tapped on a link to something it will reload the page I’m on, mark everything read, and lose my position. The page will be very glitchy until I switch pages or go to another thread.

Experiencing this mainly on iPad.

(I think I look at too many threads with Twitter embeds and after a while it’ll happen. I can’t replicate it right now.)

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 15, 2020

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I seemed to have cleared the issue by restarting the iPad and quitting the app. It may happen due to the app being used a lot, I’m not sure. Next time I’ll record a video.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The app is acting up for me again on iPad. Thread pages are constantly reloading and/or the app keeps crashing. Then it stops working completely by freezing up and seemingly making my iPad restart.

Anyone else get this issue after some time of using the app on iPad?

Edit: after turning my iPad off and back on again I went into Awful’s settings and disabled Twitter embeds. Not sure which of the two helped but things are back to normal again.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 28, 2020

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Does Awful actually cache anything? Anytime I use the “empty cache” function it tells me it cleared 0 megabytes.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Will duplicated emoticons ever be fixed? I swear this has been an issue since forever.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

pokeyman posted:

In other news, commie kong figured out smilie duplication!

:toot: :toot:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Unfortunately I still see duplicated smilies, even after logging out and back in (which causes the app to close)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

So I just updated the app on my iPad and I don’t see duplicated smilies there any more. Didn’t have to log out and back in.