Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Quick question, does this support 120hz on the 13 Pro? I'm thinking of jumping ship and this is an oddly large factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

shortspecialbus posted:

As others have said, it works fine. I have a 2021 12.9" Pro with the fancypants screen and it works as any other web-browser-type application would. I can't imagine what you were worried about, actually - what possible 120hz content is there on SA?

Scrolling actually. When I posted that I didn't realize 120hz scrolling was baked in and animations were the thing devs had to opt into

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Am I wrong to think that the iOS version of this app blows the Android version out of the water?

Oh hey one more random question that this reminded me of. One of my annoyances on the Android app is when scrolling through thread lists and threads themselves, the title bar up top and page indicator remain visible. Wasted space. I swear the iOS app moved them out of the way like Safari does when you start scrolling down. Am I misremembering? Is it still that way if not?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Another suggestion, I brought it up earlier when before I got my iPhone, but I swear the app used to hide the thread title and page count when scrolling. Either way it doesn’t now. It’d be cool if it did, though it’s not a big problem since well, Plus phone big. Otherwise love the app and keep up the great work!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

NewFatMike posted:

Are the Android and iOS versions just super different? First day on an iPhone, and I really miss how fast it was to save images on the Android version.

Same thing for posting, can you not bypass mandatory previewing?

I forget, was it significantly faster than “press and hold on image, tap arrow in box in bottom right, tap save image”?

Also there specifically a setting for enabling/disabling previewing new posts

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah someone probably posted something big. There was someone who posted graphs in the Covid thread all the time and did that

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Normal app icon except instead of 5 gold bars it’s a light blue one, a light pink one, a white one, a light pink one, and a light blue one

I want it to match my Apollo icon in my dock

i want every icon to show trans pride

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Love the new themes! Still gonna throw in my hat for a trans pride icon, with a quick low effort concept

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 21, 2023

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Your concept was so low effort that it didn’t display. Here you go:

(lrn2crop)

ninja: oh, you fixed it, nm I guess

Yeah that’ll teach me to hurry and slapdash something while on a vacation dinner but it should be good now!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Yay!! I love it!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

spanky the dolphin posted:

Here are some other app icon options to check out. I'm embarrassed by how off the mark the colours were initially. These should be better. Ignore the frog.

:3:

I as well will not ignore the frog

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Just checked mine and sure enough, exactly the same background usage. Which is odd because I have Background App Refresh globally disabled

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I’ve been using the frog and I haven’t had battery issues, maybe try that too

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

In all seriousness, same, joking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Please don’t fix it, it’s cool