Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hey so I’m completely unable to make a new thread...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
weirdly positive thing! A number of goons have noted in the travel thread in GBS that the awful app works pretty well on Norwegians free WiFi - not so much Delta (it worked for me in Jan of this year, guess not so much now). I’d still avoid image heavy threads and twitter links doesn’t show, but sometimes when I reload my favorited it’ll speed up loading a page on safari as well.

Currently shitposting over the Atlantic!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Warbird posted:

So what you’re saying is we need more goons to fly to ensure the cache is kept up to date.

Alternatively, Goon Air, a lethally airborne goon project.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

carry on then posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure where you got that screenshot, but it is from the Android app. You'll want to tap the text entry cursor so the little popup menu appears, tap "img" and then "From Library". It'll upload the image you select to imgur, but since we're at the end of the month it's possible that won't work. Some people have a shortcut that uploads outside of Awful and gets you the embed code to post, in that case.

I didn’t know about the end of the month thing! I was wondering why it just seemed to oddly crap out for a few days and work normally afterwards.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Thought it was just me with the weird sensitive YouTube links. Not at all annoying!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Weird quirk: not sure if it’s the apps or the site itself, but spoilers...don’t work with emojis!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a workaround for when you can’t post images and get the API exception error?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for the shortcut...how the gently caress do I use it? I feel real stupid haha

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Something is amiss then, as I cannot paste anything? gently caress (but thanks for the vid!)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Nope - not even that’ll work. I’m cursed

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

YEAH! So, I had another shortcut screwing with it! Thanks so much

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Thought it was just me. iPhone 11 running iOS 13.6.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like a moron but why can’t I upload GIFs? It goes right to non animated PNGs

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

We spinning, skull?

E: ok so the issue is I think the Imgur bit is uploading gif as a png? The Sam Hill?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Would like to happily report that Awful works dece on iOS 14 AND the video PIP thingy works as well which, god loving bless.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Images and Twitter embeds are disappearing or going to text only on me. Desktop seems to be ok?

Currently using iPhone 11, iOS 14.6.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Did anyone else’s shortcut break with iOS 15? It seems to upload just fine but it won’t let me paste into the app.

Oh god I thought I was losing my mind.

What’s a decent workaround?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hey, is there an alternative to the iOS shortcut for images? I really miss being able to add images, and imgur is a loving nightmare

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, according to the r/shortcuts subreddit, it’s reaaaal bad with iOS 15, and has been before public release, which is not a good sign.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, so far the scroll issue is fine, but I’m wondering if there are other websites that aren’t imgur to use for image uploads because iirc it’s imgur itself that shits the bed after we blow through the limit, correct?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/We6yCM2

Imgur got bought, so expect that to go (even more) to poo poo.

Those are some salty Great Value redditor comments

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I can’t use the app whatsoever now? It won’t open and crashes immediately, then if it does open, it won’t open a thread

E: restarting the phone is working for now, but will keep an eye on it

teen witch fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 2, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

carry on then posted:

Apple acknowledged that at least some instances of that paste prompt are a bug that will be fixed in an iOS patch, fyi

good god thank you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, iOS had an incremental update that was apparently going to address this and didn’t

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

Is there some way a future version of the app could hook into some api to integrate the official smiley aliases in a more native emoji-keyboard-based interface?

If there was any way I could assist in having the SA emotes tagged in a way that you can search for them via the keyboard you let me know immediately.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

The smiles are long, long overdue for a re-sorting anyway. I've been tempted to go full nerd, manually sort them, and pm a sheet to the mods for everything. Adding tags in a binding of Isaac style system where you can use general color/shape/object tags to search stuff down would be cool too.

God I would love that

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

could the user profile include the new bit where it says what forums they mod/ik? would make it more convenient to know if they’re running some hosed up little corner of the site and i should disregard their opinion out of hand

I have a name

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
any reasons why GIFs freeze when checking the lepers colony or someone rap sheet?

Totally fine if I do so on mobile safari

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m guessing apple hasn’t fixed the “I need to ask to paste literally anything” issue? I had something on my clipboard from Mail and Awful was Not Pleased!

E: yeah it’s triggerhappy in that it’ll ask me to paste somehow when I’m on the bookmarks menu

teen witch fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I use postimages.org for most images, though if anyone has a Shortcut for that, would be cool