Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

nrook posted:

For what it’s worth, as I mentioned in the QCS thread, you can always ignore users with the website by clicking the ignore button under their post. It works there, even if you have a mod on your ignore list.

Not anymore, just tried it. Would be great if the app could have its own ignore feature. I may look into working on something like that later this year.

e: Clarification: It's not possible anymore to ignore mods/IKs through the site. It used to be possible.

Mr. Smile Face Hat fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

pokeyman posted:

Not sure how I'd feel about that feature, I'm wary of straying too far from the website posting experience. Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal, and I don't mean to be discouraging. Just a sensitive area for me :)

An extension to the ignore feature wouldn't change the posting experience at all, since it only affects what posts are visible.

I realize of course that I kramered in here with a feature request that might only interest me and no-one else, so I'm thinking I'll experiment with it and if it goes anywhere, I'll report back.

I just keep having the experience that people on my ignore list become IKs or mods.

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Not for at least 10 years. You can still do it if you had them on ignore before they became mods.

Just to be clear, I don't mean the list on the site through the User Control Panel, I mean through the user's profile page. I'm absolutely positive that within the last year I've been able to ignore a mod using that and now I can't. This was not a person I had on ignore before.