Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

To add smilie, goons have to pony up USD $30. If they started getting deleted, customers would (rightly) lose their poo poo.

forums store posted:

There is no guaranteed time that your smilie will remain on the forums, but it will usually be at least a year unless your smilie is really horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

could the user profile include the new bit where it says what forums they mod/ik? would make it more convenient to know if they’re running some hosed up little corner of the site and i should disregard their opinion out of hand

I don’t think the bolted-on json profiles support it yet.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ijyt posted:

Critical: toggle to show plat grenades as twitter verified ticks instead

Nice app you've got here. It'd be a shame if something...happened to it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

carry on then posted:

oh god what are they embedding in ban reasons now

A 7MB gif.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

That's on the IK that did it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

Should just be a CSS thing but would like if the time stamp string on posts would use the same color as the “Page count and Killed by” string in the top level of threads

This is easily readable

This isn’t

That light text in the bottom one needs to be much darker and maybe even bolder.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

imgur API keys are tied to an application, not to a user account. An application can support different user accounts.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s a TikTok embed and it’s working fine here on the TestFlight version.

it's an mp4 hosted by tumblr

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Nope, have to go to the web site for that. I forget why it’s hard.

vB2 originally shipped with a "remove this user from your ignore/buddy list" feature but it was removed by previous a previous developer for some reason or another, which only leaves the "edit entire ignore/buddy list" option. That's not even getting into how they're stored horribly in the backend in a single field in the user table that's also been filled with junk data over time because of someone hardcoding an attempt at an SQL trick into the field's contents, which was the underlying cause behind the top one or two ignore list stat people previously being invalid users.
:ughh:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Ah there is a setting somewhere on the forum to enable more colours, or a change that rolled out recently-ish, or something. Astral, if you’re here, do you know what I’m trying to remember?

This weekend I’ll try to see if LLDB can survive the ordeal of setting a breakpoint in that stuff…

The only relevant setting should be having colors enabled or not. There are 6 colors nowadays (2020) instead of 3.

Sounds like there might be an off-by-one on the app's mapping for the new colors?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

No, don't. Then it will only work on iOS (we should stop doing that, IMO).

Yes, please stop embedding mp4s in img tags.

quote:

Ask Astral to publish the patterns that they use for detecting URLs to embed, so that I can stop playing whack-a-mole with them as hosting services change URL patterns or such.

Sent a PM to move towards this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Beastie posted:

A lot of pictures are not loading for me. I noticed while browsing the Trump Crimes thread. Lot of screenshots of tweets just don't load.

At first I thought it was one poster on a block list but it's not.

Please link the affected thread/pages when you're off probation (or PM me the link if you think you'll forget to and I'll toss it in this thread for you).