Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Since the last update embeds from youtube stop playing after five seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Somehow the DDoS fixed YouTube embeds on my iPad, thanks crazy grudge bearing goon.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Did YouTube change something? Every time I run into an embed in the app it fails to load the thread and then loops trying to load and failing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Arivia posted:

is the thread failing to load or the embed? the embed loading like 10 seconds and then getting stuck in a loop has been a thing for ages. you can tap and hold on the embed to open it in the youtube app

Thread fails to load, on my iPhone and my iPad.

E: it’ll load a few posts but if I scroll past them it’s blank and the just refreshes and repeats.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 30, 2022

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Good to know I’m not alone. Wonder what YouTube did.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If Pokeyman is don, thanks for all the work this app is great.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Enjoying the update, thanks

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just saw my first twitter ghost. I enjoy that little guy.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Had to disable the ghost, every time it showed up I’d get a lot of slowdown. :(

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Posting a joke you thought of that would be good in another thread.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Make that frog show up when you see an ignored user.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Any chance of a thread tag refresh in the next update? A lot of tags don’t show in the app.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Midjack posted:

There's a bookmark color option on the website but I don't believe any of the phone apps can access it.

Long press a thread, it’s the bottom option. Added with the last update I think.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

NFX posted:

Regarding the iPad crash: I've not had it crash, but I've seen a couple of times that pressing "Preview" (after drafting a new post) would just get me a blank loading page. I can press back and then preview again and it's still broken. It doesn't happen every time. Maybe only when I take too long to compose a message (is there a short lived session cookie or something?)

That happens to me from time to time. Loading the parent forum of whatever thread I’m posting in clears it up.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the yeti posted:

Double posting to note a formatting issue I have no idea if this is on the books already or not:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039477&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=120#post534358486

Every time I run into [pre] my text shrinks a lot.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Latest iPadOS has reintroduced the disappearing thread title bug for me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Just use the shortcut.

Can someone repost this? I messed something up and it no longer works for me

E:thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It seems to hold a draft until you change the page