Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m not sure if this is old, because I don’t use it that often, but what happened to the thing where if you click a username in a post it would give you option to see just their posts, view profile etc? I’ve clicked/long pressed everything I can see and can’t find that stuff. I’m on a 6 so not sure if it’s behind a 3D Touch now?

E: a force kill and reopen brought it back, how odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Seem to be getting a ton of problems today on threads that have a single new reply. Nothing loads at all (and the counter doesn’t reset).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Has something changed with the way YouTube embeds? Tonight I seem to be triggering playback of any video I scroll by. I’m feeling sick as a dog so it might just be my senses messing with me though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Midjack posted:

Yes, YouTube changed something.

Glad to see both this is confirmed, and how sick I was confirmed as I now see with a clear head that the page I read looking to see if anyone else posted about it indeed has everyone posting about it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s based on forum rules for that, it’s working as intended.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

...! posted:

It sometimes says that for me if I break the forum limitation of one post or fewer per ten seconds.

Images of you rapid fire posting, 24/7, so the bomb on the bus doesn't explode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's amazing how good an app that essentially works as a live webscraper works, it's so much better than the regular forum experience. Thanks to all involved.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I’m sure a bunch of those apps do innocent things like that. Useful check to have though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I get that every so often.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mine is already set to yes, maybe this is why I only get it rarely (to the point I’ve just gone ‘hm, odd’ rather than felt the need to bring it up).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Always blame Twitter. They were messing about with it yet again recently.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everytime I go to a thread, it keeps taking me to the top of the page not the new posts. What the hell?

(Kidding.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Believe that’s done on purpose above a certain image size.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Warbird posted:

Do not listen to this heretic, make it even darker

Bug: turns phone into active black hole

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Monkey claw closes and we exclusively get admin announcement push notifications.

Speaking of, I wonder if Jeffrey would be more willing to work with the app developers. I still laugh when I think about lowtax bodging together a pointless web version of the site that nobody ever used.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm getting this error when trying to upload a photo from my library:

I made sure to turn off Live Photo, but that didn't matter.

Also, is there a way to stop the app prompting me to "save or delete my draft" whenever I try to exit from posting? I NEVER want to save. Thanks.

Look through the thread for the settings to make a Shortcut to do this step, it's easier.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Red Baron posted:

Someone earlier mentioned Twitter embeds make the app really slow and a link to a page was asked for but never provided. This page does it for me:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946225&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=2849

Weird, XR here and I’ve never been to that thread before and everything loaded pretty much instantly for me.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t think I’ll ever understand the obsession this thread has with the lepers colony.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Woof Blitzer posted:

I haven’t been able to replicate it yet, but I 100% saw one of my old usernames on the reply preview screen. Not sure if that’s ominous or not...

Could be that vB uses your first username as the static name for your account, and if you pay to 'Change Username' all it's actually doing is changing a Display Name. This is how Invision Power Board works, anyway.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

carry on then posted:

As much as I dislike having a million options and toggles for every little thing, I can easily see some users wanting a way to disable it so may want to keep that in mind if you haven't already

First thing that came to mind too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No it does come up sometimes and for similar reasons as you, and ever since YouTube changed things a while back it’s stopped working. I usually end up copying the url from the share sheet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MarcusSA posted:

That works 99.9% of the time.

Last night I managed to find the 0.1% time and it kept bringing up nothing but blank timg pastes, but yes usually works well.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mr. Nice! posted:

Huh? What do you mean iOS shortcut? You mean just posting images directly with the app via long press and choosing image? Because, if so, that’s using the imgur api and fails more often than not for me.

It just failed on this post to attach a picture of my dog, for example.

No, there's a set of instructions you can make that incorporates the Shortcut tool that will upload a selected image to imgur, generate the bbcode, and then puts it in the paste buffer. I'll try find it now.. at worst I'll screenshot mine and use said shortcut to post it!

e: think this is the current one

Hey, that username looks familiar! ;)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

On the latest TestFlight version from tonight that bug where single and double quote marks don’t appear in posts you make has cropped back up.

Test: ‘ “

E: well now I look stupid. They didn’t work in my post in the Olympic sub forum just then…

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t think it has any connection to an iOS update, it happens every now and again and eventually just goes away. It’s most likely down to Google messing with things.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just got a TestFlight update tonight and looks like automatic dark mode is broken in it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Switching between light and dark mode does what’s expected, but Automatic Dark mode should’ve kicked in to Dark hours ago based on normal behavior and it hasn’t.

I’ve force closed, I’ll try a reboot and a log out just in case one of those sorts it.

E: nope, still stuck on light mode.

E2: ha redoing my pinned forums after logging back in while everything has Halloween names took a few seconds!

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 20, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Neat I didn’t know that! Reverting to the previous 5.10 build of 51000 resolved it for me.

Ah yes I’m also on an iOS beta still I think, so it could be something weird with that and maybe I’m an outlier. 5.0 19a344, which looks like I never moved up from the RC for some reason. I could’ve sworn I was on a PB for 15.1 by now. I’ll kill the profile and go back to regular just in case it’s that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yes happened to me last night too. Couldn’t get anything to work other than just download the regular app.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I know what he means, sometimes it won’t show posts above the point you enter the thread despite it not being the top of a page.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The XL avatars will take a bit of time to get used to, but I’m looking forward to loving them.

Yes, that icon owns.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

withak posted:

I’m now using the App Store version like some kind of animal.

I only realized yesterday I never put the TestFlight app on my 14 and I’ve been using the poors version like some shmuck so I changed it.

I got it enjoy just 10 hours of end of thread frog before it was cruelly pulled away.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

On the new beta the text in the box in this post is breaking out and causing scroll bars

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025946&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=105#post531092443

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s a TikTok embed and it’s working fine here on the TestFlight version.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What’s generally the easiest way to embed images going forward? Shortcuts script?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Any thread that gets goldmined should have a scraper go through and grab all the images to rehost them on SA in order to keep them live.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Snitches get glitches.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Warbird posted:

Does anyone have a file explorer app they’re fond of? Files is decent but apparently uses a version of SMB that is laughably out of date among other assorted issues.

Guessing you meant to post in the iOS thread not the Awful App thread.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This is bait and I refuse to engage with such a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The closest you can probably do is long hold the post and hit the ‘skip to last page’ option, rather than last post. But it’ll get you close.