Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Texas A&M beat Florida for the first time since like WW2

Clemson lost to the 'Cuse

Washington State went to a level beyond cougin' it

Will Muschamp is 6-0 against Tennessee

UGA put up 696 yards on Mizzou

Discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Welcome to A&M beat Florida week

A&M is now 2-2 all time in their storied rivalry against the Florida Gators

General Dog fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 15, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What is the trophy that they have for the vaunted A&M/Gator rivalry>

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Something something jorts something something grode jar.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The worst fanbase trophy, made from back to back bronzes of Tebow and Manziel.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Mac loving a shark and asking, through buttery teeth, "itn't it cool?"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

An Outback Steakhouse gift card

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I listened to MacElwain's press conference. He sounded like he wanted to cry. He's going to get upset a lot more in the coming weeks.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why cant Xort feast on bama for a turn

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

I listened to MacElwain's press conference. He sounded like he wanted to cry. He's going to get upset a lot more in the coming weeks.

Well, UF's offense makes me want to die so Mac can gently caress off back to Montana or whatever non-toothbrush-having backwater he crawled out of

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
UNT should reach the C-USA championship game god dammit. Go the mean green.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Phew Oregon.

I didn't think you'd win but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Oops this is the aftermath thread, going to leave this here since I'm pretty sure this will still be a true statement once the game is over.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Why cant Xort feast on bama for a turn

Bama hasn't lost to an unranked opponent since 2007

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

LeeMajors posted:

buttery teeth

Gonna steal this expression

News: Nebraska continues its recent tradition of breaking team records when playing good opponents.

Views: I don't think Mike Riley will coach here next year.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

News: TCU is 6-0

Views: https://twitter.com/TCUFootball/status/919342814617518081

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

8 year olds dude.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

No seriously gently caress Muschamp and Mac for robbing me of the only entertaining and functional sports team that I follow. Am I seriously going to have to adopt Navy or some poo poo so I can stay sane?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU came close to a Sparty No in a sloppy rear end fumble fest but held on for a 3-point win that was really more like a 13-point win. After going 3-9 with a 1-7 record in conference last year, we're 5-1, 3-0 this year and should be favored in four of the last six games. Outback Bowl bound?

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
For 20 minutes Auburn's offence was dynamic, prolific, and moved the ball at will against LSU

Then those 20 minutes expired and the collective coaching brain trust just up and decided to party like its 2014 all over again! What kind of a party was it? The kind of party where everyone in the universe knows you're going to run the ball up the middle on first and second down, and yet you keep on doing it because this party don't stop till 6 in the morn.

Unsurprisingly, Stidham couldn't find success passing when faced with 3rd and longs every single drive from the second quarter on and the defense wasn't able to keep a handle on the LSU offense while playing nearly all of the second half.

I've never really been one to jump on board the "fire every coach ever" carousel but this game pretty much epitomized the problems this teams offense has been having for quite some time, and despite top tier talent and the promise that the past couple of week brought it seems like the team just can't stop regressing to the same basic, silly, obvious problems. I just imagine the advance scouting team for 'Bama just sitting around giggling while watching tape as the watch our running backs crash into pile after pile of linemen while our receivers and quarterback run hopeless fakes that everyone in the world has figured out aren't going anywhere. Kerryon Johnson is a heck of a back and should be getting more national attention than he is, but no back in the world is going to succeed when the team is basically playing with the cards on the table.

With Aggie, Georgia, and Bama left I'd say Gus has to win two of those to stick around Auburn. Personally I'd probably give him another year due to the change in O-coordinators this year (which also meant a change in playcalling duties) but I think that the collective Auburn community has had about enough of games like this.

Also god drat you Xort for taking the cougs away from us.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

8 year olds dude.

I am disappointed they cut out the tongue shot

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Northwestern Wildcat is Back, baby.

Justin Jackson, one of the most underrated football players in the country because he plays for northwestern, just became the school's all-time leading rusher. Northwestern has had some badass running backs but he might be the best. He also went for 171 and a pair of TDs against Maryland. Here he is owning some chumps in the Pin Stripe Bowl.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas was on pace to allow 1000 yards and 60+ points but somehow ended up leading for like 30 seconds. Our pass coverage... woof. I've seriously never seen so many wide open dudes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa didn't lose a game, buncha ranked teams did, good weekend imo

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
https://twitter.com/ThomasGoldkamp/status/919393539817123844

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

This is especially amazing if you look at how good his overall SEC record has been

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Oh let's make sure we all remember that Iowa State successfully defended the "plant the flag" belt this week. They'll have an away game next week and then will have to gear up for a crucial title defense on the 28th against TCU.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

pretty sure the Gophers aren't getting three more wins this year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

MSU came close to a Sparty No in a sloppy rear end fumble fest but held on for a 3-point win that was really more like a 13-point win. After going 3-9 with a 1-7 record in conference last year, we're 5-1, 3-0 this year and should be favored in four of the last six games. Outback Bowl bound?

Coming into the season, after last year and the youth on both sides of the ball and all the offseason problems I woulda been happy with the Pizza Bowl.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Scoring 28 points is real nice and all but fire Odom immediately.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shappa posted:

Oh let's make sure we all remember that Iowa State successfully defended the "plant the flag" belt this week. They'll have an away game next week and then will have to gear up for a crucial title defense on the 28th against TCU.

I'd like to propose that a "Absolutely Bulletproof No. 1 Draft Pick" title exists and passed from Sam Darnold to Luke Falk when Luke Falk played way way better than Darnold head-to-head, and then it passed to whoever that scrub that QBs for Cal when that dude played way way better than Luke Falk last night.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

General Dog posted:

Bama hasn't lost to an unranked opponent since 2007

They're due :black101:

Uw, even if they somehow win:
:itwaspoo:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Shappa posted:

Nah welcome to Oklahoma transitively beat Iowa State week imo

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Texas A&M:

- was 8 of 24 passing
- ran for 83 yards on 38 carries, a whopping 2.2ypc
- won anyway

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Texas A&M:

- was 8 of 24 passing
- won anyway

Despite that 8 of 24 he somehow arrived at a respectable 7.5 yards per attempt

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Texas A&M:

- was 8 of 24 passing
- won anyway

Florida also outgained A&M by 100 yards, and had a big time of possession advantage too! Reminds me of this great Will Muschamp Florida fact.

At this point, what is the difference between McElwain’s Florida and Muschamp’s Florida? McElwain was 7-1 in 1-possession games prior to 2017 but regression has caught up to him, and now he’s 2-2 in those games. I still think Florida makes it to a bowl game because South Carolina has no offense after Deebo Samuel’s injury, but it’ll be close. Mac’s seat will be on fire if he doesn’t beat the worst FSU team in about a decade at home.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Shappa posted:

With Aggie, Georgia, and Bama left I'd say Gus has to win two of those to stick around Auburn. Personally I'd probably give him another year due to the change in O-coordinators this year (which also meant a change in playcalling duties) but I think that the collective Auburn community has had about enough of games like this.

They'd fire him at 8-4 with three of those losses to top 10 teams? That's Saban madness.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Did anybody notice we get bonus Sunday afternoon Maction?

WMU-Akron was postponed

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gameday is coming to the #2 PSU Nittany Lions next week. Hell yeah

Shinjobi posted:

UNT should reach the C-USA championship game god dammit. Go the mean green.

What a loving game. I had a entirely different post written up before the last minute. Mason Fine is a gamer, Guyton is unconverable in CUSA, and Wilson still grinds out 5 ypc. Go Mean Green

@Tech still scares me if Tech can get their head out of its rear end. They can score points in a hurry if they want to. The fighting Lane Kiffins also look scarily competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i still can't believe this is even real

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread