Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
The current FBS leader in points responsible for is none other than Joe Thomas Barrett the Fourth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Tenneesse fans said Alvin Kamara owned and I did not believe them, because nothing good has been associated with Tennessee recently, but he does own, so I’m sorry I doubted you Vols fans. Sorry about your team.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alaois posted:

every time i see TCU's name written out i always think for a second "who the gently caress is Texas Christian"

This is me with Louisiana State

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is me with Louisiana State

It's weird, because the AP style guide allows for abbreviations if the school refers to themselves as such

https://twitter.com/apstylebook/status/251382688089513984?lang=en

...which is why their poll usually doesn't have weird stuff like "Louisiana State" or "Southern Methodist". I don't know what the coaches' poll is doing, and neither do they.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Tenneesse fans said Alvin Kamara owned and I did not believe them, because nothing good has been associated with Tennessee recently, but he does own, so I’m sorry I doubted you Vols fans. Sorry about your team.

Treat him as a Bama washout and not a Vols star and his success makes more sense

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

actually he beat clemson

I should edit that. He coaches well, he just doesn't recruit for poo poo. Every shred of his success at BG was with Dave Clawson's kids.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

kittenmittons posted:

The current FBS leader in points responsible for is none other than Joe Thomas Barrett the Fourth.

The playoff arguments are going to be :discourse: if OU and Ohio State both win out and are competing for 1 spot.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lasagna Pilot posted:

The playoff arguments are going to be :discourse: if OU and Ohio State both win out and are competing for 1 spot.

They will unquestionably put in Ohio State.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's a lot harder to look at the rest of Arizona's schedule and decide if there's two wins there or not than two weeks ago (when the answer was "there aren't 4 wins left in the schedule"). The Pac-12 keeping up the whole parity thing even when it's bad is certainly something.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm really glad penn state has recovered from the terrible injustice brought by the NCAA.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

PostNouveau posted:

Coaches poll

code:
24	Texas A&M	
25	Louisiana State	

Jim McElwain is a kingmaker.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

notre dame is sneaking up the rankings and i dont like it

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Rick posted:

It's a lot harder to look at the rest of Arizona's schedule and decide if there's two wins there or not than two weeks ago (when the answer was "there aren't 4 wins left in the schedule"). The Pac-12 keeping up the whole parity thing even when it's bad is certainly something.
Arizona is going to beat the poo poo out of Oregon State, an awful team with no coach.

So the question is: where's the sixth win? Best chances seem to be Cal and ASU. But RichRod's effectively saved his job I think, even if there's no bowl game this year.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm really glad penn state has recovered from the terrible injustice brought by the NCAA.

I have to forget about this every day to avoid just losing my drat mind.

Thanks.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

:same: :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

notre dame is sneaking up the rankings and i dont like it

The meat of their schedule starts this coming weekend, but they've had a good season so far. The Georgia loss and MSU win look a lot better these days than they did at the time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

18hrs later and I still want to die.

Mac is overmatched. FSU is getting better QB play out if a true freshman in a tougher division.

And the baby-poo poo uniforms were the cherry on top of the football dumpster abortion.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

General Dog posted:

It's weird, because the AP style guide allows for abbreviations if the school refers to themselves as such

https://twitter.com/apstylebook/status/251382688089513984?lang=en

...which is why their poll usually doesn't have weird stuff like "Louisiana State" or "Southern Methodist". I don't know what the coaches' poll is doing, and neither do they.

Thank God their style guide isn't the same as the New York Times, because U.C.L.A. and L.S.U. looks really weird.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Mac is overmatched. FSU is getting better QB play out if a true freshman in a tougher division.

And the baby-poo poo uniforms were the cherry on top of the football dumpster abortion.

You guys hired Les Miles v2.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Shinjobi posted:

I have to forget about this every day to avoid just losing my drat mind.

Thanks.

The Paterno Strategy.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Nebraska hired away Wazzu's AD. In my dream world he brings Leach with him.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jimbo's going hard on the "one more play" "this isn't the ACC of the past where FSU wins 40-0," "just a few more inches" horseshit that Bobby was swinging in his twilight. Jimbo can't even blame being senile on this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He kicked rear end and John Kelly kicks rear end and is literally the only good thing on this godforsaken team

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Virginia is 5-1 and getting votes in both polls. I expected us to be better this year but really though bowl eligibility was still a year away. God bless Bronco and his kids Raeder, Cutter and Breaker

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

LeeMajors posted:

While terrible, baby-poo poo is only a useful descriptor for Texas' uniforms.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Asproigerosis posted:

I hope one day Penn State will lose/not play enough football games to finally bring the victims peace.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ungratek posted:

Virginia is 5-1 and getting votes in both polls. I expected us to be better this year but really though bowl eligibility was still a year away. God bless Bronco and his kids Raeder, Cutter and Breaker

Curious why you think you'd make a bowl next year when all your D talent and Benkert is gone. You're going to be officially out of the last bit of talent London recruited and onto the lovely classes under London and the awfulness Bronco's recruited. I think next year could be super ugly for you guys.

Hurry up and hire an AD so they can give Bronco a ridiculous extension.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 16, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Arizona is going to beat the poo poo out of Oregon State, an awful team with no coach.

So the question is: where's the sixth win? Best chances seem to be Cal and ASU. But RichRod's effectively saved his job I think, even if there's no bowl game this year.

I think I generally agree with you there. Although I think it's a combination of he saved his job and like now with the anxiety over basketball there seems to be a renewed push behind presenting an image of a stable academic department.

I think you're right about Oregon State and Cal or ASU being the most likely chances at wins, but the pessimist in me can totally talk myself into Arizona losing out. ASU seeming to develop a run defense out of nowhere last night is troubling. And like I could see Arizona going down in a like a 15-14 clusterfuck that Cal seems to be good at creating this year. Oregon State always plays Arizona tough even when they're bad, which I guess isn't as logical an argument as the other two but, eh.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Cal is not actually very good and got super lucky with turnovers to beat Wazzu they should be extremely beatable, even assuming Arizona's QB will eventually stop averaging 40 yards a carry

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mr. World posted:

While terrible, baby-poo poo is only a useful descriptor for Texas' uniforms.

I think it depends on age. My kiddo's super heavy veggie diet creates a poo poo color very reminiscent of the 'swamp green.'

But yeah Texas is deffo the breast milk poo poo color.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

MourningView posted:

Cal is not actually very good and got super lucky with turnovers to beat Wazzu they should be extremely beatable, even assuming Arizona's QB will eventually stop averaging 40 yards a carry
he's 23rd in the nation in rushing yards

on 39 attempts

apparently Pat White was just sitting on the bench

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 16, 2017

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wish that Nussmeier was job less

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

Curious why you think you'd make a bowl next year when all your D talent and Benkert is gone. You're going to be officially out of the last bit of talent London recruited and onto the lovely classes under London and the awfulness Bronco's recruited. I think next year could be super ugly for you guys.

Hurry up and hire an AD so they can give Bronco a ridiculous extension.

Mostly because we were 2-10 last year and expecting to turn that into a bowl team in 1 year is insane. 2 years is a reasonable check in at this point

He's not a perfect coach, but we don't expect that. If you haven't made 1 bowl game in the first 3 years, there's still trouble. He may work out or he may not, but he's got UVA pointed towards a bowl game for the first time in 6 years and 3rd time in 13 years. That's the first level of success we have to get to

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

vyst posted:

I wish that Nussmeier was job less

Problem is, McElwain would probably bring back Kurt Roper.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Noctone posted:

Nebraska hired away Wazzu's AD. In my dream world he brings Leach with him.

Shut your loving mouth forever

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Posting the AP Poll and not including "receiving votes" is rude. How else am I supposed to empty quote about the 28th best football team in the country Iowa State Cyclones?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Thoguh posted:

Posting the AP Poll and not including "receiving votes" is rude. How else am I supposed to empty quote about the 28th best football team in the country Iowa State Cyclones?

Since you asked nicely

code:
San Diego State 56
Texas A&M 46
Iowa State 16
Virginia 10
Kentucky 8
Utah 4
Mississippi State 3
Iowa 2
Navy 2
South Carolina 2
Texas Tech 2
Marshall 1
Florida State 1
Georgia Tech 1
I wanna know who gave the Seminoles a pity vote

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Problem is, McElwain would probably bring back Kurt Roper.

It's weird to me that an offensive genius can't orchestrate a cohesive offense.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
It’s safe to now say he’s not an offensive genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vikingstrike posted:

It’s safe to now say he’s not an offensive genius.

We somehow hired back-to-back Ray Goffs.

• Locked thread