Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Benne posted:

Since you asked nicely

code:
San Diego State 56
Texas A&M 46
Iowa State 16
Virginia 10
Kentucky 8
Utah 4
Mississippi State 3
Iowa 2
Navy 2
South Carolina 2
Texas Tech 2
Marshall 1
Florida State 1
Georgia Tech 1
I wanna know who gave the Seminoles a pity vote

I'm the one vote for Marshall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Didn't know bi now was an AP voter

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

iospace posted:

Didn't know bi now was an AP voter

You might be kidding but just in case you aren't he's a WVU fan and despises Marshall to kind of a weird degree, but somebody has kept buying him Marshall avs for years.

Also, contrary to his username, he is in fact gay at this very moment.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 16, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Bi told us what "cum gutters" were in a thread which was a term I was never aware of and still wish I wasn't.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

Bi told us what "cum gutters" were in a thread which was a term I was never aware of and still wish I wasn't.

Alright just tell me because I don’t want to google that

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Alright just tell me because I don’t want to google that

I don't know the specifics but I know you want to keep them clear of leaves

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

That was a weird day.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
pull up thread pull up

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Marshall got a vote? Wow

Efb

The cum gutter drains into the cum dumpster

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Hello frens

First, Marshall is like that annoying little brother you're constantly required to take with you to the mall and makes an rear end of himself infront of all your friends. Also they think its cute, which only makes you hate him more.

Second, yes I paid off my loans. Gay now.

Third cum gutters:

LeeMajors posted:

That was a weird day.

Fourth, that was no where near as loving gross as Gendo tellign us about using a UV light to look for jizz on his nephew, or the entire saga of moon blood, or grode jars.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Your loving title :lol:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

Your loving title :lol:

its real good

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good to see ya back :toot:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

That Marshall vote was a trap to bring Andichu out of hiding

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

General Dog posted:

That Marshall vote was a trap to bring Andichu out of hiding

*opens XLS* yet another in the long list of reasons i loathe that lovely junior college

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm not sure Penn State is the #2 team in all the land, but I have no idea who I'd possibly say is.

Alabama is #1 and the rest of the rabble is clawing for the right to lose to them.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Sash! posted:

I'm not sure Penn State is the #2 team in all the land, but I have no idea who I'd possibly say is.

Alabama is #1 and the rest of the rabble is clawing for the right to lose to them.

Based on how they've played, TCU.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
#2 is also Alabama you disrespectful turds

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Scionix posted:

#2 is also Alabama you disrespectful turds

i will not be sad the day nick saban retires and alabama retreats back into also-ran status

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Sash! posted:

well you won't have imposter syndrome for much longer because OSU is gonna beat the doors off Penn State on Saturday, god willing

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i will not be sad the day nick saban retires and alabama retreats back into also-ran status

Get in line bub

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Scionix posted:

Get in line bub

i am fan of the team with the most lombardi trophies, so, nah i am good. just gonna lol when y'all are 8-4 every season and firing coaches left and right

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

well you won't have imposter syndrome for much longer because OSU is gonna beat the doors off Penn State on Saturday, god willing

That's weird because OSU is going to be on a bye

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

Yeah, this is how I've been rationalizing it to non-PSU buddies. Everyone else just sucks more this year or has fluke losses.

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm hoping this is a non-causal post from next week after they beat Michigan. :pray:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I mean, Penn State has beaten the brakes off everybody except for Iowa and they have maybe the best player in the country. They have as good a resume for #2 as anyone but they haven't hit the meaty part of their schedule yet.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Man they really kicked Auburn to the curb for that collapse this week. All the way down to 21 is pretty harsh

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Man they really kicked Auburn to the curb for that collapse this week. All the way down to 21 is pretty harsh

its their second loss so yeah

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

We suck balls it's fine

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Well yea but drat outside the top ten the team quality is pretty lacking so losing that many spots is pretty surprising

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

We suck balls it's fine

**sings this to the tune of Float On by Modest Mouse**

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

D3 is basically high school football.

His passer rating is 50 points higher than anyone else in the NCAA :staredog:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Fluffdaddy posted:

Well yea but drat outside the top ten the team quality is pretty lacking so losing that many spots is pretty surprising

That is the way of the Coaches & the AP, but the way the official committee poll is supposed to work is that 2-loss Auburn with an 8 point loss to a contending Clemson team isn't supposed to be ranked lower than the hypothetical 1-loss Auburn that played FCS Southeast in place of Clemson. Will be interesting to see if the committee follows that line.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Crotch Bat posted:

That's 19 yards per successful pass :wtf:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crotch Bat posted:

A Mount Union QB leading?

Here's my surprised face:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

But seriously, D3 football needs love. Yeah, it's :airquote:not as good as D-I:airquote: but it's still fun.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

iospace posted:

A Mount Union QB leading?

Here's my surprised face:

It's true they have really efficient QBs, both because the QB is often really good and because the offense doesn't dictate them throwing a ton in the late game, but those are otherworldly stats. 23:0 ratio, 72% completion, the 13.6 YPA is just ridiculous even for D3. 1-in-5 passes he attempts is a TD!

e: 2 UMU WRs have 17 of those 23 TDs. They've caught 41 passes total between them and 17 have been TDs. Ridiculous.

What's even better is the guy in 2nd place for efficiency across all of NCAA is Mayfield. He's having such a ridiculous season.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 16, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

iospace posted:

But seriously, D3 football needs love. Yeah, it's :airquote:not as good as D-I:airquote: but it's still fun.

Having gone to a handful of D3 games a year for four years I can assure you that it is not

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Headed to Alabama to see relatives this upcoming weekend. Any things to do and restaurant/bar suggestions for Birmingham and Tuscaloosa?

Don't have tickets for the UA/Tenn game, but I'm hoping to tailgate, so any tailgating suggestions would be very appreciated (had some plans, but it looks like the people that I was going to meet will be out of town). Similarly, if there's a good bar to watch the game from, please name drop.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Every time I see people projecting GT to somehow get 3 wins out of the nightmare that is the last half of their schedule and become bowl eligible I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I don't see it! GT is good, but we're not that good... They're probably going to end up 5-6 with the weather keeping them out of a bowl, because that is the saddest possible outcome of the game.

Hosting a 4-2 Wake. Going to 6-1 Clemson. Going to a 5-1 Virginia that's been thumping people. Hosting 5-1 VT. Away at a 4-3 Duke, and then hosting #3 Georgia. That's an absolutely savage schedule, y'all. Where do three wins come to make them bowl eligible? Wake, UVa, Duke? Seems a bit dubious to me. They could be still be a "good team" and end up 4-7 with this schedule! The combined record of the teams they have yet to play is 32-8, for pity's sake.

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

logis posted:

Headed to Alabama to see relatives this upcoming weekend. Any things to do and restaurant/bar suggestions for Birmingham and Tuscaloosa?

Don't have tickets for the UA/Tenn game, but I'm hoping to tailgate, so any tailgating suggestions would be very appreciated (had some plans, but it looks like the people that I was going to meet will be out of town). Similarly, if there's a good bar to watch the game from, please name drop.

Houndstooth, Alcove, Galletts, Innisfree for places to watch but they’ll be swarming with shithead Bama fans so I dunno if I’d risk it.

• Locked thread