Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«35 »
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

gently caress Mandalore.
Hope Ahsoka uses the time portal to kill every one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

This is good

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Guess I need to get back into the clone wars show. Still on Netflix?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Honestly, I'd never even considered it; never mind heard there was any kind of campaign going on. Was it just Filoni badgering Kathleen Kennedy in private or something, because they played that close to their loving chest. That said, Clone Wars and Resistance as well as whatever live action poo poo they have planned? Awesome. The animatic from season 6 of Anakin doing Gun Kata to a clearly impressed but reluctant to admit it Obi-Wan before they have a conversation about Ahsoka where Anakin asks Obi-Wan how he'd feel if Anakin left the order will finally get some animation and I can't wait. It was already one of the best parts of the show even as a slide show, so seeing it in full production should be great. I hope we also get to find out what Palpatine does with Maul.

That said, I do wonder how much production of this will carry over. Lucas is no longer personally funding it, but at the same time they presumably still have a lot of the 3D models and assets from the show on hand so maybe it won't look quite as good but shouldn't look as barebones as Rebels did at times?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

MENTALLY
DEFEATED

Grimey Drawer

I doubt it took much badgering on Filoniís part. Disney has a streaming service they want to fill with content; Filoni & Co had already completed loads of work on the season before it was left unfinished. Add to that how TCW is a known product with a huge fan following and Filoni is just coming off Rebels, another well-received show. Finishing this season was almost certainly cheaper than creating something totally from scratch.

Itís a win-win for everyone involved.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Plus it gives them time to make sense of the Maul cameo in Solo since nobody knows what happened between clone wars and rebels to set that poo poo up.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

DAAAAAMN!
Put your glasses back on.

Wait, they are redoing some old clone wars stuff or new stuff for a season?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste?

YUMMY!

Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, they are redoing some old clone wars stuff or new stuff for a season?

These will be brand new episodes; but we've seen bits of some of them in the preproduction stuff they put up on starwars.com of episodes that were unfinished when the show was cancelled

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Lipstick Apathy

Pretty sure they didnt need much badgering as they promoted Filoni to head of all animation projects in 2016 and I'm pretty sure that was because they knew they were going to run multiple projects to fill their streaming service.

Psyched for this, CW was very good.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Zo Cubs Zo!

10/10

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Is that cave base the same one that they found deserted in Rebels? The one with the huge gremlins/toad-looking monsters inside that Ezra controls at one point? If so, cool.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

my reaction to the clonewars new season announcement

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

Is that cave base the same one that they found deserted in Rebels? The one with the huge gremlins/toad-looking monsters inside that Ezra controls at one point? If so, cool.
I donít know if itís the same planet, but Iím pretty sure itís the same art asset. I remember that they mentioned the Rebels environment was an unused asset from Clone Wars.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Same place yes.

Although in rebels the planet/moon is fragmented and now an asteroid belt.

drunkill fucked around with this message at Jul 20, 2018 around 05:47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

drunkill posted:

Same place yes.

Although in rebels the planet/moon is fragmented and now an asteroid belt.

Sweet, thanks for the pictures.

«35 »