Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

"i sound like I am still back at that high school party"

holy poo poo gently caress this person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
:chloe: Why do all these people paid by disney tweet dumb as bricks things? Didn't she see what happened to James Gunn

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tomtrek posted:

A new extended trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae2Cxy8sswk

There's a... gold Captain Phasma?!

I think this is the first Resistance video I've seen on YouTube that has more likes than dislikes!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vintersorg posted:

Consider new casting on the horizon soon.

https://twitter.com/RachelAButera

What a dumb loving idiot.

fake edit: she took the video down but she was mocking Dr.Ford from the Kavanaugh case today.

I didn't think her Carrie Fisher impression was very good even before I saw that tweet.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

howe_sam posted:

I didn't think her Carrie Fisher impression was very good even before I saw that tweet.

Yeah, sounded more like Holly Hunter, to me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

AndyElusive posted:

STFU. Flying through rings forever.

Seriously though, poo poo looks dope.

I mean, as someone who put a zillion hours into X-Wing and (separate title) TIE Fighter, flying through rings is serious, serious business wrt training!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Her account went private so she's probably getting fired by Bob Iger himself

e: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%40rachelabutera&src=typd

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 27, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
imagine getting a huge role in a Star Wars show and then thinking "this lady just testified about her sexual assault, im gonna make fun of her"

this is obviously discounting even the decency aspect of it

this is just stupid on her own behalf

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

IRQ posted:

I mean, as someone who put a zillion hours into X-Wing and (separate title) TIE Fighter, flying through rings is serious, serious business wrt training!

TIE Fighter is still the best!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Colonial Air Force posted:

TIE Fighter is still the best!

Now that's dedication

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cant believe you didnt just build an oculus or vive or whatever into the helmet

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

site posted:

The helmet is so goddamn big, I'm pretty sure my Vive would fit.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

site posted:

Putting VR into the helmet would actually be less true to the films considering how hard it apparently is to see out of those things

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 28, 2018

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

That is also true, especially with the bubble eyes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't think its too much of a stretch that the Racing stuff will be quickly sidelined once the plot picks up.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The ships remind me of F-Zero cars. I only hope that they make the races come across as fast as the F-Zero GX races did.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Cross-Section posted:

Putting VR into the helmet would actually be less true to the films considering how hard it apparently is to see out of those things

Guess that's a good canon reason for saying Maarek Stele is force sensitive

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Luke just never knew how to turn his on.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would be in support of them recasting Leia's voice actress if for no other reason than she doesn't *get* Carrie Fisher obviously. Carrie Fisher heard about a friend being sexually assaulted and sent the producer a cow tongue. Butera has to rush on twitter with her hot take about Dr. Ford's voice

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
https://twitter.com/RachelAButera

Account DELETED :george:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A Twitter account deletion can mean only one thing—invasion. ... I mean, damage control.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I have seen...a twitter hologram of her.....mocking rape victims...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

banned from Starbucks posted:

I have seen...a twitter hologram of her.....mocking rape victims...

If into the social media you go, only pain will you find.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

When I first found out about this today I posted on a Resistance video on the Star Wars Facebook page asking that they replace Butera's voicework on the show. They removed my comment, which did include calling her an ignoramus and a point about abuse victims' voices. This was dumb but I wasn't sure that Star Wars had removed it rather than it being a Facebook glitch, so I reposted it. It was again promptly removed. Finally I posted a simple request to replace her work without any insults or references to why. That post was allowed to remain, though I later deleted it because now I'm afraid that I'll be barred entry into Celebration because they're worried about harassment.

"We reserve the right to deny entry or remove from the Event facilities any person who in our sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which we reasonably consider to be disruptive of the Event."

I couldn't find anything through Google about that happening before, but should I be worried about this?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I mean in my mind you should be more worried about your principles and support of harassed women than attending some dumb fan event but i'm not gonna tell you how to live your life

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I already have the non-refundable tickets to the dumb event. I'm taking my girlfriend to Chicago for a vacation, she's also a huge Star Wars fan. Between the tickets, the travel cost, and the hotel it would be rather unfortunate for us to arrive but not be let in. If there is a risk of not being let in then I think it's definitely worth me worrying about.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They aren’t going to keep a paying fan from coming to a con and spending a fuckload of cash unless you’re literally wearing a Nazi armband and threatening other guests. A Facebook comment isn’t going to get you banned, there’s no online Lucasfilm gestapo poring through social media comments and taking down names.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Thanks, that actually makes me feel better. I should have thought of the money angle and avoided letting my anxieties spill into the forums, but I think I knew I needed some straight talk to get me thinking straight again.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Also, I doubt she’ll be invited, so who would you be potentially harassing?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Just a general FYI. They've started filming the live action series apparently. Had some spy photos leak of Favreau on set in southern California. Still no cast list released yet, which seems bit odd. Maybe they're wanting to get some stuff in the can to make sure everyone will actually work out before announcing they're in.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/09/star-wars-jon-favreau-set-photos.html

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Teek posted:

Just a general FYI. They've started filming the live action series apparently. Had some spy photos leak of Favreau on set in southern California. Still no cast list released yet, which seems bit odd. Maybe they're wanting to get some stuff in the can to make sure everyone will actually work out before announcing they're in.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/09/star-wars-jon-favreau-set-photos.html

I like that the high security set they're using for the ultra secret show is just next to a rail yard.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
And an elevated road. Easy enough to stop ad take pictures for 30 seconds if you were so inclined.

At least the railyard would be somewhat secure.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Looks like we're going back to (Resistance) episodes dropping a bit early on VOD:

https://twitter.com/Tcann13/status/1046546569351159808?s=20

Also, new thread will be up by the weekend, so if folks have any cool and rad titles they might want to suggest, now's the time.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Star Wars: Resistance: where F-Zero and Spy Games intersect

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Icon Of Sin posted:

Star Wars: Resistance: where F-Zero and Spy Games intersect

I mean, yeah, I'm totally on board for that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Disney's: Star Wars: Resistance: Is futile

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Star Wars Resistance: Porco Rosso, A Star Wars Story

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Star Wars Resistance: Fired before the Premiere

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Latest live action rumors peg the first season episode count at 8, Filoni may direct a couple of episodes and one of the leads as Pedro Pascal. If Pascal is actually involved, that would be amazing. He would be a huge get for the series. With more and more news coming on the live action series, I'm guessing we might not want to muddy the Resistance thread with talk about the Favreau show. Too early to start a thread for it too?

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/...evision-series/

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think I’d prefer to just have one megathread for all Star Wars tv stuff. Most of the audience is going to be the same between both threads anyway.

• Locked thread