Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Elentor posted:

Does that psychotic doctor/scientist from Vader ever return? I loved her and her not-even more psychotic robot duo.

she had her own series, don't know if its ongoing or done though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Aphras had an ongoing for like almost two years now

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish Dr Aphra had appeared in the series. She would have fit perfectly. But we know Hera appears in her comic series though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Dr. Aphra is probably the best star wars ongoing right now. Vader is really good but cant beat a comic with a lesbian evil indiana jones as the protagonist

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Aphra should be the protagonist of the next animated series at this point, lets be honest.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Aphra should be the protagonist of the next animated series at this point, lets be honest.

I think they should do a loose adaptation of the current marvel ongoing and just have Aphra as vader's agent who constantly annoys the poo poo out of the main cast.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sure, as long as some version of BT and Triple Zero are included. The idea of evil assassin droid versions of Artoo and Threepio has always seemed pretty rad to me.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

evil assassin droid versions of Artoo

Isn't this effectively Chopper? :v:

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit

Icon Of Sin posted:

Evil assassin droids have a set purpose whereas Chopper just wants to watch the galaxy burn.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

Chopper is amoral, not evil.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Madurai posted:

Chopper is amoral, not evil.

And he has a mean case of PTSD from that Y-Wing crash.

Expired Vitamin fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 22, 2018

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

AndyElusive posted:

Sure, as long as some version of BT and Triple Zero are included. The idea of evil assassin droid versions of Artoo and Threepio has always seemed pretty rad to me.

If Triple Zero isn't voiced by the Auralnauts guy then there's no point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUAnrX7gqw

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

If Triple Zero isn't voiced by the Auralnauts guy then there's no point.

:agreed:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the new Vader comic related to the old one with Aphra? I read the first issue and they seemed 100% unrelated.
And yeah Aphra to me was the best character introduced in the franchise in a while, I didn't know there was an Aphra comic going on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Elentor posted:

Is the new Vader comic related to the old one with Aphra? I read the first issue and they seemed 100% unrelated.
And yeah Aphra to me was the best character introduced in the franchise in a while, I didn't know there was an Aphra comic going on.

the new vader comic takes place from right after anakin becomes vader, so he hasn't yet met Aphra.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The new one starts further back in the timeline, I think.

e:fb

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

AndyElusive posted:

Doesn't she pal around with a one armed Wookie too?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
"Constantly owes money to" is a better descriptor of that dynamic

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Aphra's whole dynamic as evil Han Solo with an evil Chewie she's indebted to and evil 3P0 and R2 is just plain fun, they really knocked it out of the park with her first appearance onward and she was a real highlight of the first Vader comic series. They pretty neatly fill in the gap of bad guys in that era of Star Wars where it was really just Vader, Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba, and interchangeable Imperial commanders and footsoldiers. The good guys had a more diverse flavor, so even if it's the simplest method of basically plugging evil mirror universe versions into that setting well, sometimes simple really is best, and it's been super compelling to watch what a Han Solo-esque character with barely any moral compass at all and even less of a hesitation to murder can do.

She actually reminds me a lot of characters like Mara Jade in the EU, kind of being super prepared for fights and substituting in extra gizmos for force powers. Or even more than that, something about how she's written just has an EU feel to me, I can't quite pin down why, but I like it.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 26, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's a pretty popular cosplay character too. Chicks dig flying helmets.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 24, 2018

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Rocksicles posted:

I also imagine the (relative) simplicity of the headgear makes it a popular choice. You essentially put on an elaborate hat, lekku and all, and don't have to worry about blending the make-up seams between skin and latex prosthetic.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Dave Syndrome posted:

I also imagine the (relative) simplicity of the headgear makes it a popular choice. You essentially put on an elaborate hat, lekku and all, and don't have to worry about blending the make-up seams between skin and latex prosthetic.

I think that was referencing Aphra, not Hera, but you have a point. Though, come to think of it, haven't all on-screen Twileks had some kind of headgear specifically to make this easier?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Not all. But yes, generally.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

I love the look Hera in giving Aphra in this shot.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I forgot how alien Bib fortunas headticles look compared to the watered down female pigtail versions.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rocksicles posted:

girlfriends

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

site posted:

girlfriends

Nah; Aphra is seeing someone already

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
poly erasure

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

Nah; Aphra is seeing someone already

“Girlfriends” doesn’t necessarily mean romantically or sexually involved. Way to assume, jivjov.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:manning:

Get away from me

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Fair enough! I don't know the particulars of Aphra's relationship dynamics!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Aphra's face says "We're BFFs now."

Hera's face says "I'm going to shoot you."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well they certainly started off on the wrong foot (spoiler from last month's comic):

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Well they certainly started off on the wrong foot (spoiler from last month's comic):

And you're telling me they're not girlfriends?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And you're telling me they're not girlfriends?

Is Aphra set betwix New Hope and Empire?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Moon Slayer posted:

I'd like to think that when this was published, Stjepan Sejic sensed a disturbance in the force...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Rocksicles posted:

Is Aphra set betwix New Hope and Empire?

Yep; most of Marvel's OT era output is in that gap.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I burned through the second half of S4 tonight. Loved the ending.

Disappointed Ezra called in Space monsters instead of a droid army, but it makes sense given his whole animal thing. Still, very satisfying watching something wipe the smug off Thrawn's dumb face.

e: Whoops. I did not notice how long it had been since the last post, sorry for such a trivial bump.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 18, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Would've been so much better had they used Kalani and had a nice big Clone Wars-style space battle between TIE Fighters and Droid Starfighters to close out the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you can get a Chthonian to guest star, you pretty much need to jump on that tho

• Locked thread