Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rebels Recon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAwwYtsHc

These two episodes were... kinda bad. I agree, I hope this is the last of the mandalor stuff until they come back and save the day and get wiped out by the empire properly. The episodes featured a terrible ambush attack which just became boring with how long it went and a bit too much jetpack combat.

At least the preview clip from next week looks good and cool Y-Wings! Yavin IV!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Next episode looks cool, from that clip being a bit of politics within the rebellion and the clip at the end of rebels recon showing some action just went down.

Also, somewhat related here is the story trailer for the new Battlefront 2 (no, the second one) which shows a Gozanti cruiser carrying two AT-ATs on Naboo, like in the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
These two episodes should have been the season openers.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Two more good episodes, thats 6/8 this season, not a bad strike rate.

Thread title should probably be changed to 'Dave Filoni really likes wolves.' hyperspace wolves.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 7, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Dave Syndrome posted:

Much as before with Mark Hamill voicing Darth Bane's ghost on The Clone Wars, I wonder the point is of having a well-known actor record the lines and then distorting their voice all the way to hell and back so that it's virtually unrecognizable.
I mean, voices like George Takei, Clancy Brown, Brent Spiner, Tim Curry, Tom Baker or even recently Seth Green I might recognize and go "huh, that's neat", but would I recognize Hamill and Davis like this? Never in a million years. For those roles they could have hired any schmuck fresh out of acting school for a lot less money.

Did you notice that the Lizard captain in this episode was voiced by Seth Green?

Vinylshadow posted:

Rebel Assault Synopsis: "Hera leads a courageous attack against Grand Admiral Thrawn's forces, but when things go awry, her battle to win must become a daring escape if she is to survive."

So it looks like they're going to fail miserably which is a good thing and shows that the Empire isn't a joke like it was in previous seasons

Oh yeah, the season 1-3 recap video they published had a little bit of season 4 tacked on at the end and going by that next episode the rebel attack gets totally hosed. RIP Xwings.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Pretty good episodes, really kicking off the end of the show.

Rebels recon is also out for these two episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapXiLIYifI

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Dreadnought heavy cruisers are canon again, thanks Rebels, for bringing things back, even in the final episode.

Bonus ghost sneaking through the blockade.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Grand Admiral Thrawn defeated by the greatest artform in the galaxy: hentai

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Someone did a comparison of all clone wars characters in rebels

Basically they all look way better in rebels other than Anakin and Yoda (who was based on a toy for rebels)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They said the ships in orbit just disappeared. So I presume there are 10 or so ISDs and a few support ships all together in the unknown regions. A tidy little fleet (without many supplies) to form some sort of order out there.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Thwomp posted:

Would that be the series they previously announced for the Disney streaming service?

Given the press release linked in the tweet says this, yes.

quote:

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Same place yes.

Although in rebels the planet/moon is fragmented and now an asteroid belt.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 20, 2018

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Kevin Kiner has submitted a reel of the rebels music for the emmys: https://vimeo.com/280587607

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yep, the animation and background/location models look great, the cell shading is a bit overblown.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

The orange spaceship looks like a Brigand with no tail turret from Crimson Skies.

At work on phone, so can't get a good pic.

nope, its a porsche

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bighead is in star wars? Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
And an elevated road. Easy enough to stop ad take pictures for 30 seconds if you were so inclined.

At least the railyard would be somewhat secure.

• Locked thread