Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Argument could be made that the Rebellion only gets those things after the Death Star is destroyed and Saw's too dead to take advantage of the factional play. The Republic allowed slavery and was evidently loving awful to live in anywhere outside the core worlds, pretty sure you could create a movement to overthrow the Empire with broad appeal that wasn't just, 'Please die so I can get my sweet senate job back.'

Its a major plot point in at least 1 or 2 movies that the republic does not allow slavery. Its why Anakin ended up being a door prize since they never would have had to do that poo poo in the republic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

Trivia gallery confirming that the ore crawler was indeed directly inspired by the World Devastators from DE, but also that the Indiana Jones references go even deeper than I noticed:

Why can't they just Dash Randar Indiana Jones into Star Wars? Just take away the whip, have him be an archaeologist who knows a bunch of jedi poo poo and have him blast and punch is way through a different type of stormtrooper. Short Round is now an alien. Call him something really stupid like "Corellia Ford" or some poo poo.

I just want Indiana Jones to punch out a bunch of Jedi/Sith before tricking them into being smashed/being eaten by space crocodiles/melting into a skeleton. It would make for at least 1 good episode of a future series.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

Chopper lets out a gleeful whoop and swigs a can of oil

I wonder if he and R2 have a bet going on to see who can kill more Imperials - unfortunately, the destruction of the first Death Star put R2 a couple hundred thousand ahead, much to Chopper's fury, since he held the lead with a good 70,000 or more thanks to all the Light Cruisers and Star Destroyers he had a hand in destroying...

R2 didn't do poo poo except get shot, Luke did all the work. Chopper is still totally ahead by a few thousand.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Vakal posted:

Maybe it's just because I've been watching Sherlock lately, but if Minister Tua was still around since I could totally see Thrawn licking the perfume off of her face.

Why would he lower himself like that?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

teagone posted:

If Ahsoka comes back...

...Filoni pls. PLS.

:cry:

Wouldn't that kind of cause issues for Vader's arc? The only thing that brought him back from the dark side was the conviction and belief his own son had within him. Nothing else could change him being space hitler, even his former apprentice. Vader is also way more powerful than Ashoka, so not killing her would be out of the question since she is both an enemy and one of the last things to remind of him of the thing he hates the most: Anakin Skywalker. Killing her is a big deal in showing just how far gone vader is down the path of the dark side.

Its the same problem as having a bunch of Jedi surviving order 66, it neuters the scale and power of the empire since Jedi are enemy number one for the sith and they should use every resource available to wipe them out unless they are hiding in bum gently caress desert and swamp worlds.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
It was a good episode, I hope Ezra gets as good of an ep. when that happens.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

I'm in it for Chopper

This guy gets it. Chopper and Chewbacca are the best characters in the franchise, and they need a sitcom together.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

You know, I was half expecting them to pull a fast one and kill somebody other than Kanan off. Maybe have Sabine or Ezra die while Kanan was busy pitching woo at Hera, which then drives him into exile or a suicide-by-stormtrooper sort of situation.

Ezra makes the most sense since everyone else would be super useful for the rebellion and can easily show up in future projects, but Ezra being a Jedi when Luke was specifically the last new hope of the Jedi would make him the obvious target. So long as its a worthy death to at least match Kanaan's it should be fine.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I just watched the latest Rebels Recon, and I didn't realize they all recorded in the same room together. That's cool, most shows don't do that and record separately, splicing them together later. The only other show I can think of that did that off the top of my head was Batman: The Animated Series.

all of the DCAU did this. Did Clone Wars record this way as well?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I'd rather something that takes place in the 30 years between RTOJ and TFA. Explaining the insane fuckups the New Republic made like completely demilitarizing itself, and letting "The Emperor had some good ideas" kind of people get into power, and most importantly, explore the origins of the first order. Maybe it could follow former Imperials who just want to move on, but their past keeps catching up with them.

I mean, there will be books and comics and games that cover that era too, but I think an animated show would be the best.

This or a short (1-3 season) series set between Ep IV and V clone wars style.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I enjoy it far more on rewatch, but the cast as a whole is fairly forgettable. Aside from Krennic and the final space battle I'm not sure anyone will remember it 5 years from now.

I suppose if you have brain damage you can forget about Donnie loving Yen.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I hope they go full Rogue One, minus Hera and Chopper :black101:

Just kill Ashoka and Ezra to keep Luke as the last hope of the Jedi. Otherwise the whole OT and ST plot is kind of undermined in a big way. Also Zeb and Sabine are cool.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, Palpatine was creating an Illusion in his gate to try to lure Ezra though. I've noticed in some other places people missed that Palp was appearing in the same gate that Kanaan appeared though. I wonder if the finale will result in the destruction of the webway.

Because of this introducing time travel via the webway, I wonder if one of the places that Ashoka and Ezra can go is into the past. That doesn't kill them but it also removes them from the OT era if they jumped back into the old republic or something.

The only choice for Ashoka is to stop Anakin from turning and saving the republic in that situation. Which is funny since you are in a room where you can manipulate time and space so you can finally save your master that you are so hearbroken over but you refuse to do so since time travel is dumb.

MrJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 28, 2018

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

Honestly wouldnt surprise me if the reason Disney is dragging rear end on OT blurays is because they want to CGI in some shots of Hera or Chopper somewhere during the attack briefing or insert the ghost flying around at endor.
Zeb can even get captured with Luke and go up to the deathstar to fist fight IG-88 or some poo poo.

I think it's because the cost wouldn't be trivial to do the super old school OT in addition to the fact that the potential audience isn't that big or lucrative anymore since at least 3 generations only know about the special edtions and don't care about the originals in addition to the home video market shrinking.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

In case you were curious what the ever loving gently caress the guy above me was referring to.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

PantsOptional posted:

And now I have a mental image of McDowell as General Zod and I never knew that was something I wanted.

Meh, he was Metallo and that's close enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnBUebT6nw

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Why didn't Sabine go back to help her people since the Mandolorians are in rough shape and Lothal is perfectly fine all things considered?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

She said it herself; she thought for a while that Ezra wanted her to protect Lothal for him.

Yeah, and she abandoned the Mandolorians and the Rebellion to do so, which seems like a waste since Ryder was there to do the exact same thing.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

MichiganCubbie posted:

I appreciate that Clone Wars had more money, and had busier backgrounds and everything, but I just can't watch it. It just looks bad to me. Rebels looks fine though. I don't know if it's the OT aesthetic vs the PT or what, but Rebels looks way better to me.

Clone Wars also had much better writing overall and was willing to actually explore the Star Wars universe in ways Rebels simply couldn't. Lothal kinda sucked compared to Umbara, Mandolore's glass cities, and Onderon. The scale of the show also allowed for a lot more freedom in the kinds of stories that could be told.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I always remember that really tedious arc in CW about the planet with the super pacificist aliens who refused to stand up aginst the CIS even upon their deaths. It was also bad because the only other place I've seen such a storyline is that terrible Sword of Truth novel.

There are several episodes of Star Trek and I think Stargate like that. Also that star wars episode had George Takei in it.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

The gently caress? He was known to be scarred by the Jedi in his speech he gave when he took the throne of emperor, why would he try to look less fugly after he made a big deal out of that?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

How is it that TCW does politics in a way much more interesting than any of the prequels?

It’s a 6 season tv show vs 3 movies that had to paint in broad strokes.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

Ahsoka doesn't bother me. But the overall plot is just kind of thin compared even to stuff in season 1, and.

Ziro.

Whoof.

Zero and the rest of the hutts were awesome. Ecspecially the Don Corleone hutt.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

wait, people LIKE Ziro? I remember back in the day all anyone talked about was what an uncomfortable stereotype he was.

He's a southern gentleman mob boss, to go along with the nerdy mob boss, the Don Corleone mob boss, and Jabba "into wierd poo poo" the Hutt. He was part of two good episodes, the captures senators and the journal episode, but he was never the highlight of those episodes.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Ha, (casting spoiler) Mark Hamill is in one of these.

In addition to Hamill, Daisy Ridley also appears. I think they also got the actual people who play FiN and Rose as well.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The Leia VA sounds like she based it on Fischer's sarcastic voice.

These are good, I had only watched the Hera and Han one from the last season.

Which is totally the best, if only for the beginning where and Han and Chewie are excited to watch Ewoks cook stormtroopers before Leia calls them insane monsters.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Elentor posted:

Does that psychotic doctor/scientist from Vader ever return? I loved her and her not-even more psychotic robot duo.

she had her own series, don't know if its ongoing or done though.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Aphra should be the protagonist of the next animated series at this point, lets be honest.

I think they should do a loose adaptation of the current marvel ongoing and just have Aphra as vader's agent who constantly annoys the poo poo out of the main cast.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
The best thing Star Wars has produced since 2005 is coming back? gently caress YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Plus it gives them time to make sense of the Maul cameo in Solo since nobody knows what happened between clone wars and rebels to set that poo poo up.

• Locked thread